ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Threads get a lot of looks, but very little answers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-17, 11:08 AM
DKinATL
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink Threads get a lot of looks, but very little answers

Is that because the knowledge is already on the board and I should dig deeper into the search feature? Or is it because the looks are bots / automatically inflated?

In before thread gets 150 views and zero response, haha!! Thanks guys / gals
Old 03-11-17, 03:54 PM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

Very much so on your first point. When I joined the OG's were slowly drifting away onto other platforms.

But pretty much anything you can think of asking now, has been answered years ago. Like your wheel thread, original IS350 wheels have the same specs...
There was a member that was the first to do it on here with the whole process back in '10 I think...
I had the first [documented] LED conversion on here.
Members were swapping over Windom parts back in the early days before I even joined, we later started taking pics [my thread has a mini-how to on kouki HID's]

It got real bad a couple years ago and A LOT of people left, as it's been nothing but retarded kids asking if they can turbo these things, or what the best sounding mufflers are, or if 2JZ swaps are possible "BECAUSE BOTH ARE TOYOTA"....
The following users liked this post:
nsghtbrwry (03-11-17)
Old 03-11-17, 04:19 PM
DKinATL
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 01LEXPL
Very much so on your first point. When I joined the OG's were slowly drifting away onto other platforms.

But pretty much anything you can think of asking now, has been answered years ago. Like your wheel thread, original IS350 wheels have the same specs...
There was a member that was the first to do it on here with the whole process back in '10 I think...
I had the first [documented] LED conversion on here.
Members were swapping over Windom parts back in the early days before I even joined, we later started taking pics [my thread has a mini-how to on kouki HID's]

It got real bad a couple years ago and A LOT of people left, as it's been nothing but retarded kids asking if they can turbo these things, or what the best sounding mufflers are, or if 2JZ swaps are possible "BECAUSE BOTH ARE TOYOTA"....
Thanks for the post. I searched a few things and found threads from, 2006 for example, and it was a try this or that one page one and the same question being asked on page 4, ha! Figured the traffic would be enough to try and get quick answers that make more sense or are more correct for the times. Didn't see any F Sport 2015 threads and that guy was a complete horses *** when I inquired about his F Sport wheels anyway so, I'm going to take another route on the wheels.

Another thread I haven't got a reply to was the best lighting options for these older ES vehicles. Figured with all the changes in lighting as of late, it would be a quick and easy thread to learn what's new in the world of auto lighting. I don't want to walk into Autozone and pay $250 for the same LED bulbs that can be had on the bay or Amazon for a fraction of the cost.

Just been a long time since I've owned a daily driver that I want to sink a little money into, but this is a damn nice car and deserves to be toy'd with a bit. I hear you about the repetitive aspect and the 2JZ questions. If I have to read another thread about a 6.4L SRT motor in a Jeep on my Jeep forums, I'll lose my mind, ha!

Just want to know what the best or most common wheel and tire size is that will not rub. I'm open to spacers, or course as I have 1.5" spacers on my Jeep XK and it's the only way to go to get the truck to both fit a beefy tire, but also look as it should from the factory. Also, lighting is my second concern as my fogs are out and it's 2017 and I want to light this thing up so I can see, lol.

Thanks again for the post and just know I wasn't calling out the thread to whoever said that. I was simply trying to get a feel for this place. I look forward to great discussion and will put in my .02 every chance I get.
Old 03-11-17, 09:04 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

We've got a ton of members that just lurk and read and don't post, and external indexing crawlers can increase the post count as well.

Like 01Lex suggested, 98% of everything you ask will have been asked and answered
Start with the sticky FAQ link collections as well as search
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...ical-tips.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es-...me-inside.html
Old 03-11-17, 09:33 PM
BlueJ
Driver

I'm still new to the CL forums as well and I try to post wherever I can add something helpful, but the ES sub thread is as said before, full info, but mostly on posts from the far past, and we still get the occasional ridiculous thread post. Not too long ago someone posted asking how to remove the speed limiter off the car...on an