ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Which years of Gs/Ls headrests will fit in a 2000 Es?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-15, 05:22 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Which years of Gs/Ls headrests will fit in a 2000 Es?

2000 Es. Does anyone know what years of ls/gs headrests will fit right in my car? I really want some bigger, wider ones to rest my head on!
Old 11-09-15, 03:18 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Well i put some 02 gs ones right in with no problems. Popped in perfect. Im gonna check out some LS ones tomorrow but i think theyre the same size as GS.

The only thing is they are a smooth leather like the middle arm rest. My seats have that diff type of leather because its a Platinum. I can def feel that they are wider while driving. I got more room to move my head. Pretty nice $10 mod lol.

Last edited by funcrusher; 11-09-15 at 03:29 PM.
Old 11-09-15, 03:40 PM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$10 bucks, heck yeah! I love the cheap mods!
Old 11-09-15, 03:55 PM
funcrusher
Racer

For sure. I eventually wanna put some screens in these and GS are perfect for 7 inches. It looks out of place with aftermarket headrests but these look really nice and oem

www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2nd-gen-1998-2005/321286-headrest-monitors.html
Old 11-09-15, 03:57 PM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Got any other low buck/ free mods you recommend?
Old 11-09-15, 06:23 PM
funcrusher
Racer

These are to remind myself later on. One poster said 7 inches wont fit in a GS without serious modifications/stuffing the. so i might get the rear gs headrests (extra wide) later this week to use on my front seats

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexu...ble-wires.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2...400-430-a.html

As for other mods..led lights on the license plate and interior
Old 11-09-15, 07:21 PM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

I really like the ELM327 Bluetooth adapters as a low buck mod if it can even be considered a mod. So handy, and being able to data log and monitor any parameter in real time is just so handy. Well woth the 10 bucks it costs. I don't use it as much as I did with my last car (Legacy GT spec.b) but still find it incredibly useful. The fact that you can set it up as a heads up display is really cool too.
Old 11-10-15, 02:49 AM
gabzor
Pole Position

Originally Posted by funcrusher
These are to remind myself later on. One poster said 7 inches wont fit in a GS without serious modifications/stuffing the. so i might get the rear gs headrests (extra wide) later this week to use on my front seats

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/lexu...ble-wires.html

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-2...400-430-a.html

As for other mods..led lights on the license plate and interior
not even interior bulbs, some people like the yellow lighting, but oh man the license plates, a quality pair of leds make the car look damn good, night and day.

Originally Posted by JetsonES
I really like the ELM327 Bluetooth adapters as a low buck mod if it can even be considered a mod. So handy, and being able to data log and monitor any parameter in real time is just so handy. Well woth the 10 bucks it costs. I don't use it as much as I did with my last car (Legacy GT spec.b) but still find it incredibly useful. The fact that you can set it up as a heads up display is really cool too.
more of a tool IMO, pretty damn useful too.. how are you datalogging things? just by using the log feature to email or something in the tool?

you went from a spec b to an es300? geez you must miss the awd and the boost? (not sure if they came boosted) i've wanted one of those for a long long time though

I love mods like this
Old 11-10-15, 06:38 AM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

I miss the boost and the awd but those engines are grenades. Constantly breaking down, on engine number 3 I gave up and the guy who bought it had it go on him shortly thereafter. If you go on the legacy GT forum there are constant threads about needing new engines. It was a running joke for a while. Someone would ask something minor about there car like, it's idling funny, etc, someone would always chime in "time for a new shortblock". The ad was fun on the ice though and on the highway it would pull hard from 45mph up to however fast you felt you needed to go. It's probably for the best that I got rid of it, too much money, too easy to speed. Looks like a camry but it's an sti underne, I liked the stealth factor. I think I would consider a rotary engine more reliable than a Subaru boxer turbo. I have owned both and that's just my experience. Needless to say, no more boxer turbos for me. I will have another rotary one day. 20b....mmmm...
Old 11-10-15, 06:42 AM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Oh, about the data logging, torque has this feature built in. It is available for free but the full version is so much better and only $5. I used it every drive for gauges and monitoring in the spec.b but not so much in the lexus.
Old 11-10-15, 09:53 AM
funcrusher
Racer

get Philips for led's, anything light related. Its worth it. Halogen yellow is going the way of dinosaurs in cars.

Another cheap mod you can do is the big 3 upgrade. Use welding wire.
Old 11-10-15, 10:27 AM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

I've already got the negative terminal done. I had a bunch of 0 gauge wire leftover from my car audio days. I just need to get some more terminals for the positive. And the engine to chassis, will probably use 0 for the positive and 4 for the engine. Overkill but since I already have it....
Old 11-10-15, 03:07 PM
gabzor
Pole Position

Originally Posted by funcrusher
get Philips for led's, anything light related. Its worth it. Halogen yellow is going the way of dinosaurs in cars.

Another cheap mod you can do is the big 3 upgrade. Use welding wire.
I second that, Just bought my first pair of Phillips leds for my 3es, superbrightleds don't even compare!

and @jetson
damn I didn't know those ej25's liked to blow up so much, lol the design does make em prone to headgaskets though, but I still like em.. I was considering an brz, if they ever put the new wrx motor in it (same FA20) just with a turbo, test drove the wrx and that thing was crazy fast

hmm maybe I'll do the big 3, since it does have some interior light dimming issues, the better grounds will fix it.. how do you do a big 3 if your battery is relocated to the back? (my other car)
Old 11-10-15, 03:58 PM
JetsonES
Lead Lap

Just upside the negative terminal to chassis, the engine to chassis and alternator output to battery. You can score long high gauge cables from junkyards for cheap out of old bmws. The batteries were in the trunk stock and lots of time the cable can be had for cheaper than scrap copper value. It's all about providing more capacity for current to flow, think of it like pipes, the bigger the pipe, the more it will flow with less pressure. The stock cables on the es300 are really marginal, even just doing the ground helped a lot.

Oh, ej25s are fun when they work. I just had a bad string of luck, don't let it deter you, others seem to love them. If I ever buy another Subaru it will be n.a.
Old 11-10-15, 04:50 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Jets what did you notice changed when you did the big 3 on your ES?

Quick Reply: Which years of Gs/Ls headrests will fit in a 2000 Es?