ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Well, I got a Honda now...

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-14, 10:55 AM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool Well, I got a Honda now...

I first started out with a 2000 ES300 which was a perfect car for me. The comfortable smooth and quiet ride, and sharp looking for its time. Though a couple years ago my co worker rear-ended my car when she was texting and driving, totaled my baby. I was and still a college student and needed a car quickly to get to my university, so I bought a 1994 ES300 on a whim

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...s-es300-2.html

Oh man did that baby took me everywhere! I still have the car but willing to sell it for the perfect price!

I now own a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6, but want to stay on the Lexus forum because I feel as you guys are more friendly and knowledge in car then the Honda forum. It could be me being bias since Lexus is my favorite car and you guys are my first forum family. I would like to say thanks you for all the help and support I got throughout the year.
Old 09-13-14, 11:38 AM
Fritz330
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The Accord is one of the most popular cars ever. Can't go wrong with one.
Old 09-13-14, 12:03 PM
nuraman00
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by IamLexus
I first started out with a 2000 ES300 which was a perfect car for me. The comfortable smooth and quiet ride, and sharp looking for its time. Though a couple years ago my co worker rear-ended my car when she was texting and driving, totaled my baby. I was and still a college student and needed a car quickly to get to my university, so I bought a 1994 ES300 on a whim

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...s-es300-2.html

Oh man did that baby took me everywhere! I still have the car but willing to sell it for the perfect price!

I now own a 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6, but want to stay on the Lexus forum because I feel as you guys are more friendly and knowledge in car then the Honda forum. It could be me being bias since Lexus is my favorite car and you guys are my first forum family. I would like to say thanks you for all the help and support I got throughout the year.
Thanks for sharing.

Glad you'll continue to stay here.

A 1993 Accord LX was my first car (from parents). I liked it. I never got to say goodbye to it, as they later sold it without telling me, to then get a 2004 Corolla.
Old 09-13-14, 02:07 PM
SharpGent
Pit Crew

Received 122 Likes on 49 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase! The Accord is a fantastic car. You'll get plenty of miles out of it, and you'll get a chance to spend some time in something newer than your 94.

Enjoy the ride and post your discoveries with the Honda.
Old 09-13-14, 02:39 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Thanks for the congrats guys

Anyone know what the CEL Code ISO9141 is?
Old 09-13-14, 06:48 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

How did that old Es do for you? I remember you get it pretty cheap? And congrats on the new car
Old 09-13-14, 08:14 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 02SDGS
How did that old Es do for you? I remember you get it pretty cheap? And congrats on the new car
Really great, it took my to multiple cities that are like 30-40 miles away. The only problem I had was the break pads flew off, the e-break doesn't work anymore and the pipe that the gas goes through to the tank rusted off haha. I got it replaced but now every time I start the car and drive for 10-15 seconds the car stutter and when if shifts gear it does a giant jolt. but after those 10-15 seconds it stops.
Old 09-14-14, 08:05 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the congrats guys

Anyone know what the CEL Code ISO9141 is?
That's not a code. Check again.

Grab one of these Amazon.com: BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY: Automotive , they're a must have. It's a bluetooth ODB reader that syncs with your phone. They have iOS versions (variants) as well.

Last edited by Chocolate; 09-14-14 at 08:11 PM.
Old 09-14-14, 09:12 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

That bluetooth OBD2 looks really sweet! I may have to get it for future scans. I will probably go to Autozone to have them check it out! thanks!
Old 09-14-14, 09:42 PM
ES300NZ
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

ISO 9141-2. This protocol has an asynchronous serial data rate of 10.4 kBaud. It is not a CEL code, it's a standard an 'ISO' standard.
Old 09-15-14, 01:15 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ES300NZ
ISO 9141-2. This protocol has an asynchronous serial data rate of 10.4 kBaud. It is not a CEL code, it's a standard an 'ISO' standard.
I went to Autozone, they said I have a P0420. The guy said since mine is a 2010 its probably not the converter but a loose O2 Sensor. I checked the front to see if its on correctly (I don't know much about cars) and it looks tightly screwed in and I even unplug it and replug it back in.

Still have CEL on...
Old 09-15-14, 06:18 PM
speedkar9
Lexus Champion

Received 118 Likes on 89 Posts

Since you've owned both, can you comment on the drive-ability differences between the Lexus and the Honda? How are you finding the stiffer seats, stiffer suspension, stiffer steering and road noise?
Old 09-20-14, 06:39 PM
IamLexus
Intermediate

I don't know if its a fair comparison since I drove a 1994 & 2000 Lexus and a 2010 Honda. The different between the 2000 ES and 2010 Accord is big. I'll even put in the 2003 Honda Accord EX-L since I drove that as well.

stiffer seats - Honda Accord is bearable, its not bad like what other are making it out but in comparison with the ES300 its stiff and you will definitely feel the difference.

stiffer suspension - For me I didn't see much of a different here but I haven't drove enough to tell the different.

stiffer steering - Honda Accord win this one by a landslide. With 271 HP in that bad boy, its so heavy it reminds me of a BMW my dad use to have.

Road noise - I believe Lexus won this by a tiny margin since the engine bay was more quiet than the Honda.
Old 09-21-14, 12:42 AM
ES300NZ
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I went to Autozone, they said I have a P0420. The guy said since mine is a 2010 its probably not the converter but a loose O2 Sensor. I checked the front to see if its on correctly (I don't know much about cars) and it looks tightly screwed in and I even unplug it and replug it back in.

Still have CEL on...
0420 OBD-II Trouble Code - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

This means ... wait. Lets step back. There are two o2 sensors each bank. One before the CAT, one after. The ECU measures the difference between them to determine if the CAT is working ok.

The CAT is either full of soot (so to speak), or one of those sensors are stuff. (or both). My money would be on the CAT being full. because if the sensor was stuffed then the o2 sensor code would come up, AND the CAT code.
Old 09-23-14, 12:01 AM
IamLexus
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ES300NZ
0420 OBD-II Trouble Code - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold (Bank 1)

This means ... wait. Lets step back. There are two o2 sensors each bank. One before the CAT, one after. The ECU measures the difference between them to determine if the CAT is working ok.

The CAT is either full of soot (so to speak), or one of those sensors are stuff. (or both). My money would be on the CAT being full. because if the sensor was stuffed then the o2 sensor code would come up, AND the CAT code.
Thanks for the information, If I go to a mechanic would they pin point exactly what is the problem? Let say if its one O2 Sensor would the mechanic know and tell which one it was?

Quick Reply: Well, I got a Honda now...