ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-18, 03:23 PM
SurgicalES
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new-to-you ES300 and ES330, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES300 or ES330) and package (ex - Coach)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, etc.

and a picture!
Hello!

i am new to the Lexus world! I just purchased an 04 ES330. I believe it’s the trim with the Mark Levinson package. 111200 all original miles, leather intact, and she drives nicely. Unfortunately, I do not have any pics at this time
Old 05-10-18, 11:53 AM
BMeek
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Glad to be here...

Hello folks,

I just picked up a 1998 ES 300 for cheap and I've already gleaned some good info here on ClubLexus, so I'm really happy to join the community!

This new-to-me ride is black with a tan leather interior, and it has 240K miles on it! I'm not sure what "grade" it is, but according to the V-Spec I pulled, its factory options included the "Leather Trim Package with Driver's Seat Memory", a moonroof, and the "6-CD Auto-Changer".

The stock Pioneer head unit's LCD is shot, but the CD player works and the cassette works well enough for an adapter to connect my smartphone until I cobble together the cash for a modern double-din head unit. So, for a twenty year-old car with so many miles on it, it's in pretty good shape - it certainly starts right up, idles smooth and drives really well! It's not quite as responsive as a 2000 Honda Accord V6 EX-L I once had, but transmission seems MUCH more solid.

The black paint is faded so it has a dark gray matte finish that I almost like - but I guess I'll apply something to stop further oxidation (wax product suggestions welcome :-).

It had two new Bridgestone Ecopia EP422 Plus tires and two mismatched older tires that were shot, so I bought a couple more of the Bridgestones to round out a matching set (205/65R15s on the stock rims). New sneakers all-around!

The previous owner maintained it pretty well - it's been running full synthetic oil for a while... He also added HID lights. I'll share additional info along with questions in other posts - like I said - I'm glad to be here, and I look forward to learning more from your collective wisdom!

-- Brian
Old 05-15-18, 08:52 AM
ceddieb
Driver School Candidate

Default New here

My name is Eddie.
Just bought a 2000 ES300 from co-worker.
192,000 miles.
CEL on for P0171, P0330 and P0325.
Hoping to gain some insight.
Like the car, just have to work through some things.
It is black, grey at the bottom.
Tan interior.
Not sure of any package, new to the Lexus world.
Old 05-16-18, 03:27 PM
BMeek
Pit Crew

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ceddieb
My name is Eddie.
Just bought a 2000 ES300 from co-worker.
192,000 miles.
[...]
Not sure of any package, new to the Lexus world.
Welcome (from one newbie to another)! If you're curious about what grade your ES 300 is, or what options/package$ it originally came with, you can look it up on Lesux.com with your VIN (Owners --> Resources --> Vehicle Specifications).
Old 05-18-18, 11:51 AM
Mosey
2nd gear

Hi. New to the list, but have had my 1998 ES300 for about 7 years. Bought it second-hand (obviously) and have had very little issues with it.
White with tan interior. Stock. Haven't done anything to it but DRIVE it. New tires as you might expect given that it has 205,000 miles on it.
Very dependable, which is why I bought it for my daughter. Somehow, she got to upgrade to a 2007 RX330 and I got the 98 ES300. What we dads do for our daughters.
Pic below (and engine is running; no smoke!)

Lately have had a perplexing issue with RED oil light; have posted in another thread. Hope I can keep this car for another 200,000 miles.
Old 05-19-18, 06:08 PM
geomike
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hi

Impressed by the test drive if the nx 300.
not yet an owner as undecided between the nx300 and glc mercedes.
if nx then caviar ext and the brown for interior.
with the executive package.
what options should i ask for?
not impressed by the sound system , any upgrades from lexus?
do they add remote starter? Im in the cold quebec.
nice to see ya all.

​​
Old 06-04-18, 01:29 PM
GISguy
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I'M BACK with a 195k 1999. Single-owner, garage-queened, meticulously maintained.

It's not fun like my SC was but that's what my Miata is for
Old 06-08-18, 10:30 PM
Matthewxie
Driver School Candidate

Default Matthew

hello, my name is Matthew, I have a 2000 Lexus es300 platinum.
i have no clue what my color is !
it white on top and gray on the bottom but can be sliver.
can someone help me out, thanks And let me know what color is this car so I can repair my scratches, thank you

This license plate is not used anymore, so it should be okay, I have another plate , this pic was from the owner

Old 07-04-18, 02:17 AM
lowlexxhi
Driver School Candidate

Default OAHU es300 static

94 es300
320xxx mi
Two tone BLK/GRY
Standard beige leather interior
d2 full suspension
215/35/18x7.5 +35

Life project been slakkn lately cause I keep making babies.

Old 07-05-18, 03:51 PM
BULLITT1
Rookie

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default New to forum es300 owner

Hey guys, new to this forum. NOT new to Lexus. LEXUS CERTIFIED TECH 6+YRS
2000 ES300 -GRAPHITE GRAY PEARL-3RD OWNER
The following users liked this post:
tiguy99 (06-28-19)
Old 07-11-18, 06:21 PM
notgeld
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1997

Ello all,

I purchased a 1997 Lexus ES 300 off of craigslist. photos will come where it no longer looks quite as messy. though needing the motor for driver side window has been very annoying.

J.
Old 07-16-18, 07:52 PM
Mattstermh
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by notgeld
Ello all,

I purchased a 1997 Lexus ES 300 off of craigslist. photos will come where it no longer looks quite as messy. though needing the motor for driver side window has been very annoying.

J.
Does the driver side window not open at all or does it just feel sort of stuck when you press it? On mine I need to press extra hard on the front two windows, but the rear are fine. Not sure what that indicates.
Old 08-21-18, 07:16 AM
PJBoston
Driver School Candidate

Default 2004, Es330 needs new wheels & front fender

Nice, but a little late to have found this forum, 14 years after I bought this car! Happy to say that I have only 122k miles on car and have had only a few issues, which explains why I may not have been searching for a forum. One of those ongoing issues are wheels where the paint began peeling off a decade ago and dealership just shrugged it off. I was working too much so did not have time to press the issue. I have now met two other owners with exact same car & year whose wheels look like they are a year old, so it appears the paint on my wheels was not applied correctly. I hate how the wheels look so I would like to buy three wheels to match the one new wheel on the spare tire and could use some advise. I also need to install a new front fender as it has cracked in several places and become detached due to driving a bit too far over a broken/jagged curb. I am wondering what the actual cost of the fender is as auto body shop is charging more than I am seeing the cost online, but not sure of the quality that I am seeing online. So are there reputable places to get prices for and buy these parts online? Thanks so much for any advice you may offer.
Old 08-21-18, 09:33 AM
richriggs
Driver School Candidate

Default 1994 Lexus ES 300

I just acquired a 1994 Lexus ES300. The first problem I note is that a few light bulbs behind the gauge cluster are burned out and the tachometer indicator isn't illuminated. How do you disassemble the gauge cluster to replace the bulbs? Where can a get a downloadable a shop manual for this car. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-06-18, 05:48 AM
914es300
Driver School Candidate

Hello Everyone,
I just got my first Lexus, a 1999 ES300 with 143,000 miles. I must say, I love it. The car is in great condition, I replaced the battery and its getting brakes and rotors all around right now. I believe it is diamond white? Can someone help with that? I have a set of BBS wheels (15" monoblock from the old rx7, powdercoated purple but will change color most likely) that are going on the car, and will get yellow fogs and LED lights all around, but other than that I don't think I'm going to do much else because I love the styling already. I am in 914 NY so anyone in the area who has some parts for sale, or maybe a Lexus meetup, please let me know. Thanks for looking...

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!