ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-17, 05:00 PM
legarbo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Over 200000 miles

Hi Everyone!
I recently bought a 2006 ES 330 for just $5000 excluding tax. It runs smoothly as new and looks really neat(see pictures). I think I made a good deal. My sole concern is what kind of maintenance it will require and which system and parts I have to watch out for since it has 206000 miles on the clock.
I hope to obtain some meaningful tips from this forum. Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-7-44.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-21-44.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-8-44.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-17-44.jpg  
Old 12-28-17, 06:34 PM
brucelee1
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Great looking car, well done, sir!
Old 12-29-17, 08:52 AM
nemesiss
Driver School Candidate

Default new es 300

hey im the new guy, just got an es 300 '95. very excited about getting it on the road but i am having trouble with the brake lights, they wont activate. i have changed all the lights, replaced the pedal switch and the chip in the back and still no lights. anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-01-18, 02:08 AM
DennisCB
Rookie

i see you tried about everything how about the multi function switch ( turn signal switch )
Old 01-15-18, 12:02 AM
SpencerG
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, just joined. I have a 2000 Platinum edition with I think 149k miles, very clean black leather interior with no tears, and the silver/grey paint scheme. I'd post a picture of it but it's cold outside and it's also 1AM. so it's pitch black out.
So, here's my little story. The car is my mom's, technically. She got rid of her SUV and bought a '10 Corvette Z06. She decided that getting rid of the SUV was a mistake, because she needed a daily driver. Thus, the ES300. Well, I got into a little fender bender in my '99 Chev Malibu, and the car, bless its heart, pooped on me after that. So, as a lender to get to and from school and work, I took it over.
Once I buy it off of her (sorry mom, you're gonna need another daily), I want to really fix it up good. My buddy had a '06 civic that he turned into his little race car after putting $13k into it, and the end product was pretty incredible. So, the reason I'm here is, I'm a newbie and a nauvice at fixing anything with a motor, but I want to learn, and I want to do what he did, to my lexus. So, can anyone help me out on whether or not this project will even be viable? Is there enough of an aftermarket for this car? Is it a viable platform to do a project build? I'd like as much feedback as I can get, if there's anyone with enough knowledge to either give me the green light or tell me to re-think my ambitions. Thanks guys, glad to be here!
Old 01-15-18, 02:03 AM
Phuongtran
Driver School Candidate

Wink Set up bluetooth for LEXUS 2005 ES330

I’ve just got the Lexus 2005 ES330 but I don’t know how to set up bluetooth for this car. And I wonder why the logo of Lexus at the front of the car is up side down
I want to show you guys the pics of ny car but I dont know how to post it up. So sorry
Old 01-18-18, 07:08 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

It looks like I'm getting another ES300. It's not quite as pretty as my mint condition 2001 white ES but it actually has lower miles. I will be getting a gold 1999 ES300 miles next week. I have to put a new engine in it but it's in good shape.

I may actually modify this one due to the color being so awful looking. Dark tint, wheels and a muffler would be nice but I don't know yet. I left my white ES stock and just put LED's and a new Lexus license plate frame on it. I still have a front lip and radio kit I never installed in the 2001 and may put on the 1999.
Old 01-20-18, 11:40 PM
PaulFrank
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello, new to the forum!

I just bought my first Lexus last month after 20+ years of wanting a Lexus! I bought a 2002 ES300 with 157,000 miles on it from a local dealer here in the Phoenix area. It was neglected a bit but still looks good.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-2002-es300-front.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-2002-es300-side.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-2002-es300-rear.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-2002-es300-interior.jpg  
Old 01-21-18, 01:36 AM
SpencerG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SpencerG
Hey guys, just joined. I have a 2000 Platinum edition with I think 149k miles, very clean black leather interior with no tears, and the silver/grey paint scheme. I'd post a picture of it but it's cold outside and it's also 1AM. so it's pitch black out.
So, here's my little story. The car is my mom's, technically. She got rid of her SUV and bought a '10 Corvette Z06. She decided that getting rid of the SUV was a mistake, because she needed a daily driver. Thus, the ES300. Well, I got into a little fender bender in my '99 Chev Malibu, and the car, bless its heart, pooped on me after that. So, as a lender to get to and from school and work, I took it over.
Once I buy it off of her (sorry mom, you're gonna need another daily), I want to really fix it up good. My buddy had a '06 civic that he turned into his little race car after putting $13k into it, and the end product was pretty incredible. So, the reason I'm here is, I'm a newbie and a nauvice at fixing anything with a motor, but I want to learn, and I want to do what he did, to my lexus. So, can anyone help me out on whether or not this project will even be viable? Is there enough of an aftermarket for this car? Is it a viable platform to do a project build? I'd like as much feedback as I can get, if there's anyone with enough knowledge to either give me the green light or tell me to re-think my ambitions. Thanks guys, glad to be here!
Alas, Murphey's law has caught up with me. Living in Utah, the greatest snow on Earth, as they say, unfortunately makes for the greatest car accidents on Earth. I was driving I-15 South today in the tail end of a snow storm, and a toyota celica lost control 4 lanes to my right, did a few donuts across the freeway and smashed into me, likely totaling my car. *sigh*. Fortunately everyone was okay and it was a pretty minor accident, all things considered. My poor little Lexus never got the chance to live up to it's full potential. (Sorry mom, the settlement check should more than make up for it though) I'm planning on parting it out and getting another ES300, if I can find one in as good of condition as mine was in. If I don't do that I'll probably get a is300, or look into whichever model it is that is the neglected twin brother of the Supra. The one with the 2JZ.In any case, I'm still curious about my original question on the viability of building out a 2000 ES300
Old 01-26-18, 09:29 AM
amosamo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new-to-you ES300 and ES330, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES300 or ES330) and package (ex - Coach)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, etc.

and a picture!
hi i am a new owner on a 99 lexus 300es has 200k miles on it and seems to have problem after problem!!! is verry comfortable but i am ready to give up on it! I have replaced timing belt,spark plugs now having trouble with tranny!shop tells me pump is out and i need to replace entire tranny!!!3,000$ !!!yiokes i purchased car for 2,300!! what else is going to go wrong??? any advice or inpuit would be much appreciated. at wits end!
Old 01-28-18, 05:23 PM
royce3810
Driver School Candidate

Default 2005 Lexus ES 330 19" Venza Wheels

No rub. Better handing than stock. Still at stock height.
Wheels: 19" Toyota Venza 19 × 7.5
Lug Pattern: 114.3 x 5
Offset: +35
Tire Size: 235/40R19 Daylight. Rides awesome.

Last edited by royce3810; 01-29-18 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 01-28-18, 05:32 PM
nitochsa
Driver School Candidate

Hi there... new to the boards. Just bought a new (to me) 2004 ES330 with 52k on her. Trying to find out as much as possible about what I can/cannot do.

Old 02-01-18, 08:13 AM
ml2
Driver School Candidate

Default New from Maryland

Hey there, just got this 2003 ES300 with 91000 miles on the clock, I got it for a steal and while it is (I guess) the base model (cloth non-heated seats, no rear sunshade, no trac control and no HID lights) it is a blast to drive and it feels solid on the road and straight like an arrow.

While the car seems to be very well taken care of I have no previous maintenance history rather than what it says on the carfax so no clue if the timing belt has ever been changed (no sticker found anywhere in the engine bay) so that will be step N°1 (a quite costly one, but worth it I guess).

Coming from the BMW owner$hip experience I expect this car to be far more easy on maintenance and not having to spend big bucks other than the timing belt/ water pump change.

Later on I'm planning on doing a few mods to it, mainly a new 2 DIN stereo with bluetooth and HD radio and probably an LED swap of the interior, parking and tail lights.
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_20180201_104610856.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_20180201_104646725.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_20180201_104629381.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-img_20180201_105047064_hdr.jpg  
Old 02-03-18, 06:25 AM
WildES330
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2005 es330 161,000

I'm a fairly new member, and only now finally getting a chance to post here. I bought my Lexus locally from a CL ad, getting it for $500 under his asking price. Sure enough, the next day the battery was dead and one tire was flat. As I suspected it was just a rim leak. Anyway when I tested it there were no driveability issues, so I was happy with the deal.

Since purchasing it I've made a few slight mods like changing the trunk lighting, fixing the dead bulbs in the environment contol panel, changing the shifter light to LEDs, adding some extra carpet, changing to snow tires (I'm in Michigan), changing the air filter, the oil, adding a front radiator/grill cover (thank you junkyard for having a wrecked ES330 with this still intact, and some other minor trim parts. I'll be waiting until spring to complete some other fixes because it's too dang cold outside these days!

From the research I've done thus far, it appears my ES330 has virtually every option Lexus offered! The only option it doesn't have is the selective ride-control. I feel fortunate to have found one so fully loaded, and all the options seem to work great, but then that's a Lexus for ya.

The car is black on black on black, so I hope the A/C works well in the summer 'cause I'm going to need it!

The only issue that is bugging me at present is that the daytime running lights don't work at all, but the brights do work. My car has HID headlights so the DRL's work by pumping 6 volts to each of the bright lamps. I've checked the fuses, but so far haven't found the special resistor I've read about. Not a big deal.
Forgive the pic of my dirty car, but it's winter here!
Thanks for checking out my ride!
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-20180203_085042.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-20180203_090152.jpg  
Old 02-07-18, 11:04 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by amosamo
hi i am a new owner on a 99 lexus 300es has 200k miles on it and seems to have problem after problem!!! is verry comfortable but i am ready to give up on it! I have replaced timing belt,spark plugs now having trouble with tranny!shop tells me pump is out and i need to replace entire tranny!!!3,000$ !!!yiokes i purchased car for 2,300!! what else is going to go wrong??? any advice or inpuit would be much appreciated. at wits end!
Welcome to the club! I bought an 01 ES for $1,500 that needed a new transmission and the cheapest I could find was 2k for a while. I ended up getting one from LKQ Online shipped to my job for $1,270 with 120,000 miles. That was the cheapest U140 transmission I could find.

1999-2001 ES300's use a different transmission than the 97-98 ES300 and Camry of that era. These transmissions cost close to ten times as much. Despite me getting a crazy deal on my ES, the transmission almost cost as much as my car. I work for a Lexus dealership and I couldn't even get a rebuilt transmission at cost under $2,000.

My advice is if you can't find a cheap transmission would be to get rid of the car. The U140 is a terrible transmission and they are known for serious issues according to our techs.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!