ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-15, 05:25 AM
boj
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats wrong with my car?

Hi, im new to this group and i have a pretty clean 1994 es 300 named Princess.I Purchased her from the first owner and it had 163,000 miles and was well cared for. So the check engine light came on checked the codes it was all sensors the mass air flow was the one that i was told would set the others off i replaced it. Worked fine until yesterday at the light the check engine light came on and then it went out again. Waited a while it started i got to read codes and the mass air sensor code is back up and so is P1300 & P0110 my exhusband thinks it the computer. I just want it fixed bc i dont have the money to buy a new one... PLEASE HELP
Old 09-02-15, 10:13 AM
S12345thug
Driver School Candidate

Hey there, newbie here.

2004 ES330 3.3l V6
Old 09-04-15, 06:03 AM
DennisCB
Rookie

Hi Newbie there are many here
Old 09-08-15, 05:23 AM
kransom
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by boj
Hi, im new to this group and i have a pretty clean 1994 es 300 named Princess.I Purchased her from the first owner and it had 163,000 miles and was well cared for. So the check engine light came on checked the codes it was all sensors the mass air flow was the one that i was told would set the others off i replaced it. Worked fine until yesterday at the light the check engine light came on and then it went out again. Waited a while it started i got to read codes and the mass air sensor code is back up and so is P1300 & P0110 my exhusband thinks it the computer. I just want it fixed bc i dont have the money to buy a new one... PLEASE HELP
Hi there. I had problems with my mass air flow sensor too. Is your car doing anything else, performance wise? Stalling? Chugging? I was told it was the computer too, but my dad cleaned it, I think he was told to clean it three times and after he did that, the car was perfect. Always fill up with Super, non-ethanol gas! I got a little scared when someone said it was the computer, lol. Just try cleaning the mass air flow sensor.
Old 09-08-15, 09:43 PM
Alfredovic
Driver School Candidate

Default ho

Hi All

Alfred is my name and I am from Gibraltar in Europe.

Recently purchased am NX 300h.

WHat a beast of a car

I am having some issues using the GPS.

It seems to have a 'predicted text' function on it that does not allow me to select destinations.

Being from Europe, the car does not come with the Enform Suite.

It has a software called GRACENOTE and Fujitsu

went onto the fujitsu sitre but it is all in japanese.

gracenote seems to be related to music.

any pointers

thanks in advance
Old 09-15-15, 12:07 AM
DennisS619
Driver School Candidate

Default New to the Club 2000 ES300

When I get some pic's I'll share. She's tried and needs lot's of love but the power train is in good shape.
Old 09-17-15, 10:59 PM
Cashmere15
Driver School Candidate

This is my beautiful ES330, 2005. My second Lexus ES. With 53,300 miles it is young and healthy. I am selling it for $12,500 cause I just got a 2015 ES350 and I can't afford TWO Lexus. <br/>Write me at rfabricio@msn.com. I am in Aventura Florida. The car is immaculate.

Looks new and rides new

Here's the odo. Pict taken yesterday.
Old 09-18-15, 05:01 AM
DennisCB
Rookie

Originally Posted by Cashmere15

This is my beautiful ES330, 2005. My second Lexus ES. With 53,300 miles it is young and healthy. I am selling it for $12,500 cause I just got a 2015 ES350 and I can't afford TWO Lexus. <br/>Write me at rfabricio@msn.com. I am in Aventura Florida. The car is immaculate.

Looks new and rides new

Here's the odo. Pict taken yesterday.
looks great should sell fast
Old 09-19-15, 04:48 PM
tibug
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello everyone,

I am receiving an ES330 (2005, IIRC) soon from my uncle. It has somewhere in the range of 220,000 miles on it, but it's free so I sure can't complain about that. I am fairly mechanically inclined. I recently completed a frame swap on my old Dodge Dakota; I have done clutches and motor work, but never actually worked on a bottom end and I hope I will not have to start here. This will be a third car for me (adding to the '93 Dakota and '03 Outback) and after I fix some things on it, it will probably be driven by a member of my family or perhaps my friend. I haven't driven it recently, but according to my uncle it has issues:

-Stumble on acceleration: anyone know if this is a common problem? I don't actually know how bad it is though. Hoping it's a throttle issue (these are drive-by-wire right?) or something and not a bad transmission.
-Struts are done: I plan to replace suspension with new KYB Excel-Gs and Tanabe NF210 lowering springs.
-Very corroded wheels: I want to get some OEM Lexus/Toyota wheels, 17" or 18".
-Very clouded headlights: I've dealt with this before; clouded headlights on a car like this with giant lenses really detract from the looks. I'll restore them nicely.
-I do have to ask about the timing belt. I think he had it done at the 100k interval or whatever but maybe not since.
Old 09-21-15, 09:37 AM
bullrider
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tibug
Hello everyone,

I am receiving an ES330 (2005, IIRC) soon from my uncle. It has somewhere in the range of 220,000 miles on it, but it's free so I sure can't complain about that.

-Very corroded wheels: I want to get some OEM Lexus/Toyota wheels, 17" or 18".
Just a suggestion on the wheels, I also have a 2005 ES330 which came with the standard alloy wheels. IMO they look like they belong on a minivan, not an 'executive sedan'. They are plain, dull, and frankly I think they look cheap. I've seen Camrys and Avalons with much nicer factory wheels.

The problem with upgrading to better 'factory' wheels is that unless you find a steal on Ebay, maybe buying one or two at a time from different sellers, it's not cheap to upgrade them. There seem to be almost no actual Lexus wheels on Ebay. There are a lot of aftermarket wheels out there but many of them don't look like they belong on this car. Also I took some time deciding whether I wanted chrome, or polished alloys... in the end I decided I wanted chrome because I've seen too many polished alloys where the clear coat gets a tiny nick or scratch and the polished alloy surface once exposed starts to 'bloom' and corrode. Really ugly. Having settled on chrome as my choice, the problem was that they're scarce and expensive.

My solution was to go to oewheels (oewheelsllc.com) where I bought a set of aftermarket ES350 chrome wheels. I think they cost me about $700 including shipping and new lug nuts and chrome valve stems. They are a dead ringer for the ES350 wheels, mine seem absolutely true, the car is smooth at all speeds. (I think my original plain alloy wheels must have had a bent one in the bunch as the car was not as smooth as it is now.) I can't say how long these will hold up but my car isn't going to be driven in winter salt and chemicals and I'm being very careful about scraping curbs etc. While they aren't the exact wheels for an ES330, they ARE a perfect match for the ES350 wheels and look very good on my car IMO. There is a pic of my car a few pages back in this thread - I believe I posted on this sometime in June. I saw the identical wheels in genuine Lexus, I think someone had them on Amazon and they were about $1800 which I could not afford.

BTW I don't work for oewheels nor have any connection other than having bought a set of wheels from them.

http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3/...r-Lexus/ES-350

Last edited by bullrider; 09-21-15 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-22-15, 01:36 PM
Warrior15
Driver School Candidate

Default My "new" 2004

I posted it last Winter, but this is a better picture and I've had projector headlights added.
Old 09-22-15, 05:35 PM
Corkman
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to see after a summer with your first Lexus your love has grown stronger. Just bought my first about a month ago a 2005 ES330 and I keep finding cool features.
Mike
Old 10-04-15, 07:26 AM
bikenazi
Driver School Candidate

Default 04 es330

Hola fellow Lexus owners,
Just bought an 04 ES330 with 88,000 miles.
It's like new inside and out. Best car I have owned. Wanting to upgrade suspension
Old 10-08-15, 01:39 PM
Dadkins
Driver School Candidate

Default New here 2000 es300 Platinum

Hi Everyone,
Just purchased a 2000 es with 181,000. pretty clean car with a little MN rust forming on the back wheel wells.
Here to check out some DIY maintenance as well as add and audio input to the sound system

Last edited by Dadkins; 10-08-15 at 02:26 PM. Reason: add picture
Old 10-10-15, 05:56 PM
Diana123
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, I have a 1998 Lexus ES300 with 164,000 miles. I recently had to replace the gas tank and now the axel transmissing seals need to be replaced, and of course I am wondering... should I go car shopping? I have replaced, the ignition switch, 3 timing belts, water pump, master brake cylinder, engine seals, struts, etc. not to mention regular maintenace. I would like to hear your opinions. Thank you

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!