ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-12, 08:53 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by hypervish
Did you really just ask that?
It's an honest question. Apparently you havent gone to a track day recently. There's always a few head scratchers that show up and do fairly well. especially in bracket racing. For instance, My last time at the track, I saw A V6 Venza run and do a mid 14 second quarter mile time (for a CUV that's good). Its not about the name or model of your car, its about having fun. and if you don't like to have fun while driving, you should not own a car in my honest opinion.
Old 11-11-12, 08:55 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

a properly detailed stock es330 will look far better than any modified es330 will look.
Old 11-11-12, 10:41 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
a properly detailed stock es330 will look far better than any modified es330 will look.
I beg to differ. All depends on who modifies the car.
Old 11-12-12, 12:50 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Gchutes
Is anybody else here a little pissed off that this kid thinks he "deserves" the lexus because his parents bought him and "forced" him to drive a kia in highschool? Now he wants to put neon underglow on it... Please get off this forum and kiss your parents for spoiling you rotten.
Vtec just kicked in, yo.

Last edited by Chocolate; 11-12-12 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-12-12, 12:51 AM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
I agree when it comes to things like body kits and spoilers - looks out of place on the 4ES - but the wheels are an area where you could upgrade over stock.

Last edited by Chocolate; 11-12-12 at 01:01 AM.
Old 11-12-12, 03:41 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Bdub215
It's an honest question. Apparently you havent gone to a track day recently. There's always a few head scratchers that show up and do fairly well. especially in bracket racing. For instance, My last time at the track, I saw A V6 Venza run and do a mid 14 second quarter mile time (for a CUV that's good). Its not about the name or model of your car, its about having fun. and if you don't like to have fun while driving, you should not own a car in my honest opinion.
I've gone to quite a few track day's, but that isn't the point. No where in his post did the OP say anything about racing on the track.

My point was he asked about street racing, not racing at the track (big difference).... That's highly illegal, I dont' care what you are driving, it's unsafe, and extremely dangerous.
Old 11-12-12, 10:41 AM
andybisnut
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna echo what Hypervish and others here have said: keep it stock. If you keep the car for a while, you'll get older and then wonder why you made it look like a teeny-bopper car. I am older than you, but when I first got my ES300, I thought about what do to to make it look sportier. The car has really grown on me, and now I really like it the way it is. It's classy. Although at some point, somebody stuck hideous chrome strips to my pillars, which I did remove.
Old 11-12-12, 11:19 AM
285exp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Elextricin
One thing i've been thinking about was neon lights under the car. I've always been fascinated by those.
Please don't.

Do yourself a favor and leave it as it is. Save your money for something useful rather than messing up a perfectly good car..
Old 11-12-12, 12:07 PM
WheezerMF
Driver School Candidate

Drive it like it is, and avoid the attention of the cops that look for riced-out cars!

But seriously, tint it 50%, and then leave it alone!
Old 11-12-12, 03:45 PM
Elextricin
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the advice, everyone. My mo&dad are gonna buy me rims. Any suggestions that arent too pricey?
Old 11-13-12, 06:03 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you for the advice, everyone. My mo&dad are gonna buy me rims. Any suggestions that arent too pricey?
You should ask them for a new car.....
Old 11-13-12, 07:44 AM
robawelch
Driver School Candidate

If you do get a set of wheels, stick with something from Lexus. I have on my 02 4ES a set of 17x7.5 off the 07 GS430 and could not be happier with how she looks. A+
Old 11-13-12, 10:19 AM
smee
Driver

I'm only 19. I paid for my 1995 ES300 and I pay for Gas/Insurance and anything else I need/want for my car. I also have a second one which I fixed up and am flipping for profit.

To the OP, get some tint, lower it, put on some nice wheels, but please please please don't turn it into a ricer.
You ARE driving a Lexus whether you appreciate it or not. Yes you CAN mod it up, but seriously... Lexus is up there with the Mercedes and BMW cars. Tell your friends that you drive a Lexus and be proud about it.

And to that kid who wants to put lights under his car.
Do it, but don't expect to be looked up to as a car god. You're not.

/2cents
Old 11-13-12, 10:20 AM
Elextricin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BDSL
You should ask them for a new car.....
I did (before they got it). I wanted a new Lexus or Infiniti but I guess it just didn't work out. As I said before, they could be stingy/selfish at times (they are both Accountants, lol)..

But i like what I have, they're sexy cars. Anythings better than my last POS car (and im not interested in street racing, i was just curious)

Last edited by Elextricin; 11-13-12 at 10:41 AM.
Old 11-13-12, 10:37 AM
285exp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did (before they got it). I wanted a new Lexus or Infiniti but I guess it just didn't work out. As I said before, they could be stingy/selfish at times (they are both Accountants, lol)..

But i'm satisfied w/what I have. Anythings better than my last POS car (and im not interested in street racing, i was just curious)
So your folks are stingy/selfish because they didn't buy you a new Lexus or Infiniti? And you're still complaining about the other free car they gave you? You need to grow up and appreciate what you've got. You're lucky you're not my kid, and I am too.

Quick Reply: What can I do to my 2006 ES330 to make it look more like a TEEN/YOUNG ADULT car??