ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

review on premier hid lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-12, 05:30 AM
garyw3141
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default review on premier hid lights

I want to buy an hid kit so i am trying to look for a good place. Any reviews on premier hid lights? My friend recommended them because pricing and customer service was good. But I did some research and found a lot of hid companies that are bad. Just trying to see if anyone has used these guys or not. Any help would be appreciated.

2001 Lexus ES300 without HID lights
Old 08-30-12, 12:40 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

Received 291 Likes on 230 Posts

You need a projector retrofit or the special HID reflectors, otherwise your HID kit will blind everyone on the road, and the light will be scattered all over the place.
Old 08-30-12, 02:31 PM
garyw3141
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MrBooby
You need a projector retrofit or the special HID reflectors, otherwise your HID kit will blind everyone on the road, and the light will be scattered all over the place.
My friend bought a kit and he didn't need to buy anything special so I think your wrong on that one. Plus the fact that everyone is buying HID kits, so it wouldn't make sense if they had to buy all this extra stuff to go with it.

My friend told me not to go with HID Country because of their customer service. That's why i came on here seeing if anyone has heard of Premier HID Lights and see what kind of reviews they have.

As far as blinding people, its a simple solution, re adjust your headlights so their not pointing so high. Whether I have HID or Halogen I can still blind people so that argument of HID is no good because its too bright is stupid.
Old 08-30-12, 02:41 PM
ErikTheRed
Rookie

He's not referring to brightness, he's talking about the retrofit so you have the proper cutoff. And most places that sell HID kits really don't care how it gets put in, they aren't the ones who will be causing wrecks and getting tickets... they are the ones making money off people not doing things the right way. Old bulbs just put out light like a flashlight, and yes, those you just angle down. Newer bulbs are designed to throw light at wider angles, so if the housings are wrong, the light goes too high. Yes, you COULD angle it down far enough to not blind everyone in front of you (if you can get enough adjustment), but then you are lighting up the 1st 20 feet in front of your bumper

This thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...o-mini-h1.html may be able to help you. I don't think its the company you were asking about, but it should be able to give you a bit more info about whats involved.

Last edited by ErikTheRed; 08-30-12 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 04:07 PM
garyw3141
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ErikTheRed
He's not referring to brightness, he's talking about the retrofit so you have the proper cutoff. And most places that sell HID kits really don't care how it gets put in, they aren't the ones who will be causing wrecks and getting tickets... they are the ones making money off people not doing things the right way. Old bulbs just put out light like a flashlight, and yes, those you just angle down. Newer bulbs are designed to throw light at wider angles, so if the housings are wrong, the light goes too high. Yes, you COULD angle it down far enough to not blind everyone in front of you (if you can get enough adjustment), but then you are lighting up the 1st 20 feet in front of your bumper

This thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...o-mini-h1.html may be able to help you. I don't think its the company you were asking about, but it should be able to give you a bit more info about whats involved.
I'm aware of whats involved in installation and I think you guys are making it more difficult than it is. I appreciate your feedback on the matter though. When you say companies that sell HID kits don't care what do you mean by that? Discount auto parts doesn't care either if I correctly install a part purchased from their store either. Point is i can't judge a company on what I do with the part after i buy it. Nor can I fault a company on my inability to install a product i purchased.

I would just like a company to answer the phone when i call and if i have some basic questions, and be able to answer them ya know. I understand I'm dealing with electrical equipment so to get step by step help over a phone is stupid anyway.

i guess I'll give these couple companies a call and see which turns out to be better. Hopefully I don't get ripped off. I work in the telephone customer service industry so I'll be able to spot out a snob in a minute! Ha Ha
Old 08-30-12, 04:23 PM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by garyw3141
I'm aware of whats involved in installation and I think you guys are making it more difficult than it is.
If by "encouraging you to reconsider or do it the right way" is "making it difficult" than you are spot on. Others were pointing out that installing an HID bulb into a halogen reflector headlight is not a good idea. The beam pattern will be off and the light wont' be where you need it, not to mention you will annoy other drivers. The legality is also questionable though typically you will get away with it.

But your friends are all doing it and you want the cool blue lights. That you think it is just a matter of "tilting the lights down" shows that you know little about the subject. Why don't you listen to some people here who know better? Your call, you can be ignorant and dumb blinding people with your cool HID lights too thats cool I guess.
Old 08-30-12, 04:55 PM
PFB
Lexus Champion

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Garyw3141, You come across as being aggressive and impolite towards other members here that are trying to respond to your question.

Phi

Last edited by PFB; 08-30-12 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 06:12 PM
garyw3141
Driver School Candidate

By telling you I appreciate your feedback is being aggressive? By asking you to clarify and help me understand a little better for me is being impolite? By giving you an example is being negative? Sorry Samantha. Didn't mean to ruin your day.

Your going to ask me why I'm being impolite and aggressive? The only opinion I said about was maybe your making it harder than it is as far as INSTALLATION. Maybe your right or wrong about reflector housings and all that. Great if you are. I was simply answering back the statement about the set up of the kit. I only was asking around about a couple companies to see who I should go to and you guys all chime with your "my way of installing is right and everyone else is stupid for even wanting HID's" attitude.

Oh and by the way, I was looking for HID lights because I live in the country and need to see at night since there are no street lights. But thanks for asking, Power 6.
Old 08-30-12, 07:38 PM
Power6
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh and by the way, I was looking for HID lights because I live in the country and need to see at night since there are no street lights. But thanks for asking, Power 6.
I can appreciate that. Sorry to lump you in with the kool kids who like the blue lights. I'm sure you can understand why those companies sell cheap HID kits, they are not marketing to you who wants good headlights, the kids can't afford functional HID lights so they buy the junk and pretend.

If your goal is as stated, putting a HID bulb in a halogen reflector is not going to work well. Why don't you try some Osram Night breaker bulbs, very inexpensive and add quite a few lumens with just a new bulb, or if you want more an HID projector retro-fit would do well or you could look at picking up a pair of the OEM HIDs perhaps. Notice how Lexus didn't just change the bulb for the HIDs it is a whole new light unit wonder why that is...

Not many street lights in my community, I find the high beams work well, many drivers don't use them for whatever reason but I trust you do? HID low beams might not even be what you need in this case.
Old 08-30-12, 08:09 PM
garyw3141
Driver School Candidate

No prob. My bad to for getting defensive. I know that words on a forum/blog/text can be taken out of context sometimes because you don't get to hear the tone of the voice. I'm not here to start trouble, or forum fighting. Like I said before, I just wanted to see if anyone had any reviews on some HID companies. I only mentioned specifically the ones earlier because my friend went with HID Country and said stay away. He's kind of an idiot (lol) so I take his word with a grain of salt sometimes when it comes to calling places like that. I work telephone customer service for a large company so I know exactly how to act and keep cool with those kinds of people. I don't call up there demanding and screaming. I'm very friendly.

So anyway, I called both those companies I mentioned earlier and went with Premier HID Lights. Price was cheaper and the guy Tommy was really cool there.

The guy at HID Country was an ***hole. His answers were very short and it seemed like he felt I was wasting his time unless I'm handing over my credit card. I told him he just lost my business and he said "Oh well" so I understand what you mean by those companies trying to rip you off. My friend was right stay away from those bozos. We don't need businesses like that in our society. I checked the reviews on the web about them after I called and man it's bad. That company had bad reviews all over the place. I checked out Premier HID Lights for reviews but only could find a few. The ones I found were positive though so I gave them a call.

The guy there was really cool and told me I had warranty with his company and I could always call for customer support and explained the whole DC and AC thing to me also. He was very cool and laid back, wasn't acting like a car salesman you know. So I eventually ordered them and he said it would be about 2 or 3 days before I receive them.

Anyway, Ill let you guys know how they look. I may grab some aftermarket projector housings tonight also to prevent what you guys were talking about earlier about the beam pattern being wrong. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Last edited by garyw3141; 08-30-12 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-30-12, 08:58 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

No prob. My bad to for getting defensive. I know that words on a forum/blog/text can be taken out of context sometimes because you don't get to hear the tone of the voice. I'm not here to start trouble, or forum fighting. Like I said before, I just wanted to see if anyone had any reviews on some HID companies. I only mentioned specifically the ones earlier because my friend went with HID Country and said stay away. He's kind of an idiot (lol) so I take his word with a grain of salt sometimes when it comes to calling places like that. I work telephone customer service for a large company so I know exactly how to act and keep cool with those kinds of people. I don't call up there demanding and screaming. I'm very friendly.

So anyway, I called both those companies I mentioned earlier and went with Premier HID Lights. Price was cheaper and the guy Tommy was really cool there.

The guy at HID Country was an ***hole. His answers were very short and it seemed like he felt I was wasting his time unless I'm handing over my credit card. I told him he just lost my business and he said "Oh well" so I understand what you mean by those companies trying to rip you off. My friend was right stay away from those bozos. We don't need businesses like that in our society. I checked the reviews on the web about them after I called and man it's bad. That company had bad reviews all over the place. I checked out Premier HID Lights for reviews but only could find a few. The ones I found were positive though so I gave them a call.

The guy there was really cool and told me I had warranty with his company and I could always call for customer support and explained the whole DC and AC thing to me also. He was very cool and laid back, wasn't acting like a car salesman you know. So I eventually ordered them and he said it would be about 2 or 3 days before I receive them.

Anyway, Ill let you guys know how they look. I may grab some aftermarket projector housings tonight also to prevent what you guys were talking about earlier about the beam pattern being wrong. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Good luck. You should look into Morimoto Mini H1 projectors, they're fairly inexpensive and provide a very nice beam pattern. The modifications needed are also fairly simple - you just need to bake the headlight open and screw them in.
Old 08-31-12, 10:49 AM
01LEXPL
Lead Lap

Received 68 Likes on 58 Posts

The H& bulb holder needs to be modified, or you need to buy the 'modified' versions on ebay.

Get an HID kit from one of the vendors on this forum. There's only 23972074027409374 threads about this topic for the ES300, and the hid kit quality from Clublexus vendors.

Good luck!

Old 09-03-12, 03:32 PM
garyw3141
Driver School Candidate

k thank you
Old 09-03-12, 11:44 PM
Hayk
Lead Lap

k thank you
Here is what I was talking about. It's a good read if you're serious about improving your headlights.
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/trs...s_hid_kits.php