ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

What did you do to your ES 300 today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-11, 03:29 AM
tt426
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apply wax to it and cleaned.
Old 01-25-11, 08:11 AM
dcapo
Driver

Originally Posted by download
It is Japanese version, 2500cc only. My city is right side.
DIY parts are cheap. (elect. dirver, led, heatsink, wire, tape, soldering)
Satisfaction is priceless
that is the brightness i want to acheive, i crave for more lighting in my car lol. care to share a detailed diy and more pics please, resistor types? ive had some leds for sometime but havent gotten around to install or put em together
Old 01-25-11, 10:30 AM
download
Rookie

3x Cree R5 led at center-top, 2x Cree Q5 in front-top, 1x Cree Q5 inside the door x2.
The led is high power type, so it really need heatsink. And it uses driver instead of resistor.

1mm Copper sheet handmade heatsink.

Alu. after-market heatsink.
Old 01-25-11, 02:13 PM
dcapo
Driver

3x Cree R5 led at center-top, 2x Cree Q5 in front-top, 1x Cree Q5 inside the door x2.
The led is high power type, so it really need heatsink. And it uses driver instead of resistor.
thanks alot, very innovative design, will definitely keep this in mind for further lighting projects
Old 01-25-11, 03:08 PM
dcapo
Driver

1-12-11 had to drive 35m to my temp job, got a ticket, locked my keys in my trunk, had to break in, but got in eventually w/o breaking or damaging the car, luckily i had my magnetic tool with me, in the process of getting it, i dropped the keys in the trunk. lucky me gone in 60 secs lol 1st time i ever locked myself out
Old 01-30-11, 02:55 PM
goistegois
Driver School Candidate

Did oil change, i use synthetic oil only on my '94 ES300...do you think it worth it for 180K mi? Also power stearing oil is leaking, trying to figure out where ti patch up or what to replace...

Last edited by goistegois; 02-04-11 at 09:50 AM.
Old 02-11-11, 12:04 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried to remote start mine today and it wouldnt had it parked too close to my garage door to boost it with another vechicle.... tried the key same prob was about to run late for work so took my truck instead... then on my break went to canadian tire... tried to find out how many amps my battery woud need before buying a portable booster. Guy who was working the battery section there looked at me like he had no clue what a battery was. Walked the guy through how to look it up... and was wondering WHY you would work in a battery section if you have no clue how to find information on vechicles. Got my car started and drove on the highway for 30 mins.
Old 02-22-11, 08:15 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Starting this one up again... Brake lines rusted out on her last wed. so got those fixed driver side and replaced the filler neck to the gas tank. So after 6 days at the dealership and $450 later had her dropped off at my work and drove and braked successfully.
Old 02-22-11, 08:36 PM
AndyG
Pole Position

Today I had the oil changed in it and learned I need to change the brake fluid and tranny fluid also. I've got a minor oil leak I need to investigate and get fixed and may have to change my thermostat/lower hose soon. Met up with a guy I'm about to buy an amp and sub from and took it through a car wash that promptly sprayed high pressure water into my headlight assemblies so now I need to take those apart, dry them out, and reseal them. Last time I do that stupid idea but it's ok as I am going to re-polish the lenses while I have them off.

Been working on the car alot recently and I must say it's addicting as heck.
Old 02-22-11, 09:39 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AndyG
Today I had the oil changed in it and learned I need to change the brake fluid and tranny fluid also. I've got a minor oil leak I need to investigate and get fixed and may have to change my thermostat/lower hose soon. Met up with a guy I'm about to buy an amp and sub from and took it through a car wash that promptly sprayed high pressure water into my headlight assemblies so now I need to take those apart, dry them out, and reseal them. Last time I do that stupid idea but it's ok as I am going to re-polish the lenses while I have them off.

What kind of amp and sub?
Old 02-22-11, 09:53 PM
DixonPai
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

1mm Copper sheet handmade heatsink.

Alu. after-market heatsink.
So are these brighter?

nice, haha yea it is addicting

For me, not today but on Friday

From

To this
Old 02-22-11, 09:54 PM
AndyG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by xsh0tya
What kind of amp and sub?
A used setup from a guy off of CL:

"12 inch Pioneer champion series subwoofer / 12 inch side ported Q-Logic box / Pioneer Premier GM 7150M - amplifier"

I'm not looking for something that would wake the neighbors and he's only asking $150 for the amp+sub+box it's in and that's a perfect price for me. I went to meet him tonight to listen to it and it's good stuff. Louder than I expected even which is fine, I can turn it down so I don't disturb folks.

I'm thinking about doing the Big 3 wiring to my car as the lights already dim, without an amp hooked up. My biggest issue is finding somewhere that carries the cables.. Maybe Radio Shack?
Old 02-22-11, 09:56 PM
AndyG
Pole Position

DixonPai, I must say man that looks so much better lowered (personally). When I first saw your posts showing your car, I was thinking, "Man that would just be set off if it was lower.." and hahah then you made that post about getting it lowered lol.

Nice ride.
Old 02-23-11, 11:21 AM
download
Rookie

Originally Posted by DixonPai
So are these brighter?
~5x brighter I guess :P

Old 02-23-11, 08:27 PM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

A used setup from a guy off of CL:

"12 inch Pioneer champion series subwoofer / 12 inch side ported Q-Logic box / Pioneer Premier GM 7150M - amplifier"

I'm not looking for something that would wake the neighbors and he's only asking $150 for the amp+sub+box it's in and that's a perfect price for me. I went to meet him tonight to listen to it and it's good stuff. Louder than I expected even which is fine, I can turn it down so I don't disturb folks.

I'm thinking about doing the Big 3 wiring to my car as the lights already dim, without an amp hooked up. My biggest issue is finding somewhere that carries the cables.. Maybe Radio Shack?
Not sure what would be more cost efficent buying 2 or 0 gauge cable from radio shack, best buy, some car audio store or buying a full amp kit. 1 thing I will caution you about is not to buy a cheap amp kit make sure the cable is AWG for the rating. I bought a 0 gauge cheap amp kit that had a thread count which was less than a 2 gauge stinger kit.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your ES 300 today?