ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Custom Body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-02, 11:05 AM
B-NIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Body Kit

Hey guys, I found a place that will do a custom body kit, but I need some help designing it. I really don't have a program that I can do it on, and am not a very good artist. I do not like a really sporty look or overstated look, and I like a place for round foglights. If I get at least 10 people who will buy the same design, we can get each kit for like $800-900. Help me out guys and then we can all have a nice kit. Thanks
Old 07-24-02, 07:25 PM
DJy
Rookie

Hmm..Interesting...but no $$ here. Need a better paying Job!
Old 07-24-02, 09:34 PM
Ghetto-Pimp
Rookie

Default yo wuz up

hook me up with the kit
where you from
am from california,yuba city
Old 07-24-02, 11:43 PM
cialz
Driver

jt did one guy's kit on this forum aznchild or something is his sn

i asked tony at jt they used a camry kit
Old 07-25-02, 01:20 AM
aznchild808
Rookie

read my post under body kits sticky for more details
Old 07-25-02, 09:02 AM
B-NIS
Rookie

This will not be a camry kit modified. This will be a direct fit. After we get ten people, it will take 5-7 weeks to complete.
Old 07-25-02, 09:12 AM
B-NIS
Rookie

Also, we kit to design it from scratch. Just everybody has to agree on it.
Old 07-25-02, 09:45 AM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default im up for it

as long as it looks good and is worth the cash i'm in.

i may not be of as much help as some of the others, but ill do my best.

XenonES3
Old 07-25-02, 12:20 PM
XenonES3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ideas for kit

Rather than designin' our own kit and go through an extensive amount of time and effort, why don't we try the following:

1) work with an existing kit for a similiar car and modify it to fit the ES (like Azn did)

2) Design a kit based or replicating a Japanese kit.

3) Go with the same front bumper AZN has (if ok with AZN, don't want to copy his stuff) and get sideskirts and rear bumper from another car or design them based on a Japanese kit (i believe AZN had some trouble with installing sideskirts and rear bumper with his kit.) to math the front bumper

just some ideas to get us started

peeeesh,

XenonES3
Old 07-27-02, 07:12 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This sounds good. I would like to draw out a kit too. I'll work on some pencil drawings and scan them in. I don't think we should use anz's kit, I think he wants that to be unique... I'll post some pics soon.
Old 07-27-02, 07:45 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Need 10 peope to agree first.

I would..... But bank account is EMPTY.
Old 07-27-02, 08:14 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

I'm in if you get some more people I can borrow the money if I have to and pay it back at a later time. Let me know what happens
Old 07-28-02, 05:24 PM
DJy
Rookie

I agree with what XenonES3 says, but we shouldn't copy Azn exact bodykit, Unless someone really wants to draw a body kit from scratch.

Last edited by DJy; 07-28-02 at 05:25 PM.
Old 07-29-02, 07:29 AM
Lexbox
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

I think aznchild may have 2 different front pieces that he used. I got to looking at every pic he has posted and I swear they look different. First picture is "You are not what you own" compared to the one real close up from the right side if you are facing the front of the car.
As far as copying the front part of aznchild kit I vote nay. Ive seen alot of body kits where the front plastic piece looks almost pointy and I dont think that looks good. There is one body kit however that I do like. And thats the black on grey 97+ that we have had pictures of for a while. Remember? Its sitting on the brick driveway, at what looks like a school. Several good pics I think 5 in a series. Highlighting front lip. I do have a major problem with the side skirts from this kit. And from what I can tell so do all of them. My problem is at the ends of the side skirt go about an inch farther than the rest for some reason. I dont like that. I want a body kit that actually look like it came on the car.

Remember that car with all the yellow crap and humongously gay wing on it? Same principle here. I dont want it to have a hella agressive body kit like the civics with the fake passive air intakes and chicken mesh if we arent even gonna be going fast ya know. To me it looks stupid. But when I get home I will post some more pics and explain and label what Im looking for. Plenty of money here so Im very interested.

Also the back of the car. I wouldnt mind having the option of no holes in the back piece because I dont want my exhaust to show. I am working on getting a round/oval shaped exhaust like the porches mounted in the center. I wouldnt want the kit to melt so heat resistant plastic would be needed but I dont think it would look right either because the back is more square than the porsche. It may be the Audi coupe that has the oval exhaust.
I want my exhaust to be very quiet but high performance I was thinking quad downturn pipes after running true duals to custom made header. Screw a cat-back. To get the round exhaust I think the gas stank would be an obstacle. I wouldnt mind ripping it out for a 5gallon fuel cell or something. I wanted to get air bags so that would give me some room for compressor.

-Mark-
Old 07-29-02, 07:55 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Mark, I like a lot of the stuff you said. I do agree on not using anzchild's kit, his should be unique since he was the first here to do this. I do not want some pointy piece either. I like the blue 94 or 95 that has the smooth front. And I would like to have my pipes hidden as well. I want this kit to look luxury. I might even shave off my door handles and get the door opening button instead after this. I want the car to look smooth, look classy, not sporty. I would still get some white underbody lighting maybe, I've seen the white on a mercedes and it looks nice. I would like my exhaust to sound like a porche, not really look like one, but sound like one. I don't want to see the exhaust at all, like on the LS400. I'm working on some designs...

Last edited by EGainer; 07-29-02 at 07:56 AM.

Quick Reply: Custom Body Kit