ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Just got new tires! Michelin MXV4 Primacy Very impressed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-10, 10:40 AM
JTS06Z06
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got new tires! Michelin MXV4 Primacy Very impressed!

Some of you that have been following my posts and might remember that I just bought my 00 Platinum that is in amazing condition but the car roared going down the road. I wasnt sure if it was bad wheel bearings or bad tires. Turns out it was the tires as I just had brand new Michelin MXV4 primacy's put on and holy crap!! this thing is so quiet its almost weird! Rides and feels amazing and there is zero road noise not even a hint of it. Even though I just had them put on I highly recommend these tires to anyone that is due soon. Its like a different car. Here are a couple pics I just took.

James

Old 07-13-10, 12:12 PM
Slooooooow
Regional Officer - NTL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

AGREE!

I bought those when I put the Boulevardier back to near-stock suspension-wise and wheel/tire-wise, and I am AMAZED at the noise/vibration/harshness levels, the braking grip and the cornering grip provided by these tires.

Nice pics too. I'd like to see some more front, side and corner angles of that car.
Old 07-13-10, 01:33 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I agree as well. Michelin tires are the best. I bought five of them. I changed all for tires and my spare and I couldn't be happier...
Old 07-13-10, 07:39 PM
tcbted
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same tire on my 2000 ES .... very quiet, and smooth as well.

I noticed that one of your rims took 5 wheel weights ... yikes.

Glad you're enjoying the nice ride.
Old 07-13-10, 08:38 PM
JTS06Z06
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tcbted
I had the same tire on my 2000 ES .... very quiet, and smooth as well.

I noticed that one of your rims took 5 wheel weights ... yikes.

Glad you're enjoying the nice ride.
5 small weights isnt anything abnormal. Im really surprised you think thats a lot. Almost every car I have seen even brand spanking new cars with factory balanced wheels have that many weights if not more.
Old 07-13-10, 09:20 PM
97'ES
Driver

I love mine as well. Best all season radial I've ever had in every category.
Old 08-10-10, 09:17 PM
MyfirstES
Driver

I am glad I found this thread. I so badly want to replace the Potenza's I have on my 01. The road roar is ridiculous and driving me crazy! Are these V or H rated tires?
Old 08-10-10, 09:22 PM
88Legend
Pole Position

I have those same tires on my Legend and love them. Very smooth and quiet. The wet weather performance it excellent.

Your ES300 is an exact twin of my Dad's ES. Its weird seeing another.
Old 08-11-10, 06:37 AM
JTS06Z06
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MyfirstES
I am glad I found this thread. I so badly want to replace the Potenza's I have on my 01. The road roar is ridiculous and driving me crazy! Are these V or H rated tires?
Mine are the H rated. After several weeks with these tires I can say I am still VERY happy with them. The ride is sooo smooth and quiet that on most road surfaces you hear absolutely zero road noise. All you can hear inside the cabin is the A/C and a little wind noise.

James
Old 10-19-10, 06:25 AM
ayonnebay
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JTS06Z06
Mine are the H rated. After several weeks with these tires I can say I am still VERY happy with them. The ride is sooo smooth and quiet that on most road surfaces you hear absolutely zero road noise. All you can hear inside the cabin is the A/C and a little wind noise.
I agree.

Just bought the H rated MXV4s for my 98 ES - They are the best tires I've had on this car to date !

BJs had them for $121 ea. (no rebates), but Sears has them for $114 ea. + $70 rebate if you get four. (Sears gets $139 for the V - rated, if you want them.)
Old 10-19-10, 11:50 AM
Coulter
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I do think Michelin makes the best tires, the problem is they often times are WAY too expensive for what they are.

For the Lexus however, I got Michelin Destiny's to replace my Yokohamas on my factory rims. They were only like $20 more per tire, and had a much better warranty (80k miles), so it was a no-brainer. The difference was night and day! Extremely quiet and smooth riding, I've never seen such a dramatic change. I've been disappointed with Yokohama too many times now, I think I'm done with that brand altogether.

But as a comparison, I've gotten quotes for different cars/tires where the Michelin were just a straight up rip off, like double the price. Even if the Michelin is better, I can't justify such a premium, especially since you get "used" to tires really quickly. Before I put the Michelins on my car, I wasn't complaining about the ride or noise.
Old 10-19-10, 12:15 PM
PlatES300
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If you're looking for a good all around all season tire, try the new kumho ecsta lx platinum tires. I just got a set of 4 on my car and they are ultra quiet and smooth. Pricing on them is very competitive and tread wear is also great (brother has them on his GS as well).
Old 10-19-10, 08:29 PM
FixerUpper
Driver School Candidate

agree on the MXV4 H rated tire.
top rated in consumer reports.
Switching over to winters on the weekend.
The Michelin X-Ice. (Considering trading for X-Ice 2's)
Old 10-20-10, 02:36 PM
5ltrbeater
Driver

excellent choice of tire! i just reccomended those to a co-worker who has an 08 ES350 and he thanks me everyday for sterring him in the right direction. he was moments away from putting bridgestone's on his car...

and might i say what a clean ES bud! anyway we can get some more shots of your car and of the interior? very very well kept up machine. i cant wait to get my own again someday. miss my old ES.
Old 10-20-10, 04:29 PM
JTS06Z06
Pole Position

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 5ltrbeater
excellent choice of tire! i just reccomended those to a co-worker who has an 08 ES350 and he thanks me everyday for sterring him in the right direction. he was moments away from putting bridgestone's on his car...

and might i say what a clean ES bud! anyway we can get some more shots of your car and of the interior? very very well kept up machine. i cant wait to get my own again someday. miss my old ES.

Man your telling me you havent seen one of my like 20 picture threads? haha No im just kidding thanks a lot for the comments I appreciate it. The car is very very clean I bought it from an older local couple who were the original owners. It wasnt my first choice of colors sometimes I feel like an old man driving the car but I just couldnt pass up such a clean car. I have done a few things to even improve it more such as the new tires obviously, my extensive detail work inside and out etc etc.

Here is one of my picture threads after I had the windows tinted:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...ws-tinted.html

Here is an older thread with some pics before the tint closer to when I bought it:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...-platinum.html

Quick Reply: Just got new tires! Michelin MXV4 Primacy Very impressed!