ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

test drove 2002 es300 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-01, 04:25 PM
fuduNYC
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default test drove 2002 es300 today

the sales person took me for a test drive even though i was not going to buy (i already own a 2002 is300)

comfort comfort luxury luxury

if that's what you want at a good prive then the es300 is right for you

the navigation systems fold back to expose the CD and cassette..

the leather is soft just like in the ls430, much more comfortable than the old es300

at the back the cup holders are on the handrest... much more leg room at the back then the previous year's............ you could use it as a limo if u like.

climate control.. love the individual temperature control for both passenger and driver.... also the new es300 has a fan and vents that work the rear passengers as well

the wood and leather blend in a "new age" style

the seats are so confortable and so soft...you feel so "tucked in"

on the road the car is very easy to handle, it features a 5 spd auto and you can always swithc to a 4 spd if you want to extend the gears a little

the bumps on the west side highway were no existant... very smooth ride.. it handle corners better than the old es300 model

the trunk has 2 feet more space than the previous year's model....

performance.... i expected the car to be underpowered with the 210 hp engine.. but was pleasantly surprised... you felt like you had to just "tap" to give it a power surge...

the display is great.. feels like the bright s-class lights mixed with some blue and red to give it a "techno" look... very clear and impressive, kind of like those star trek computers you see on tv

i dunno why anyone would wanna go for the LS when the ES has everything.. the only features missing are the laser cruise control and the rear climate control....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

after seeing the lexus cars i decided to go to the BMW dealership
just to take a look.... sat inside the z3 and 5 series... the higher end cars were all locked.... not a single sales person aproached me or even smiled.... there were plenty just sitting around on their desks with no customers to attend to ( when i was at the lexus dealership i was served coffee and taken for as test drive )
.. i decided to scan the pre-owned lot and saw that the prices were really close to new car prices.. saw an m5 and wanted to get in but the door was locked... i then approaced a salesman ( remember no one approached me before this.. i was just wandering on my own).... i asked him if he could let in into the m5.... he grined and the gave me a funny look.. and then took the key out and hit the button.. i opend the door and got in ( at the lexus dealership the guy opened the door for me )
Old 11-10-01, 07:41 PM
LexRX
RX 300 & 350Z Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not a hug fan of the exterior styling of the new ES, yet, but the luxury and comfort of the new ES seem to be #1 on Lexus's list. It is truly a "baby LS"

My mom took her LS for regular maintenance the other day and she actally got an '02 ES as a loaner car. I wanted to drive it so very badly, but I was nowhere near home

Don't discount the '02 LS though. You may pay 70k for the UL package but that includes gadgets galore, and of course you'll have V8 power
- Rear memory seats that are heated/cooled
- a hepa filtration system (air purifier in the trunk)
- rear memory seats
- rear massagers
- small refridgerator/cooler in the rear console
- The headliner is all suede leather!
- automatic closing doors and trunk

what am i missing? I just love all the cool gadgets of the LS. I mean suede headliner!!!:eek: Very nice.