CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

No power? I think it has plenty!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-19, 08:40 PM
phillymac
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default No power? I think it has plenty!!

I have had a 2016 CT 200 for a couple of weeks now. I was looking for a fuel efficient car with some luxury and comfort. This car has far exceeded my expectations. I recently came from a Honda Fit but I have owned a 2nd generation and 3rd generations GS 300 in years past. I don’t understand all of the complaints regarding this cars performance. I have been driving in “normal mode” and it performs well on the highway and in town. It has pickup when merging onto the expressway and when needed to get ahead in traffic. The reviews would have you to believe this car is something that it isn’t or should be. It’s a great car with more than adequate “get up and go”!! It’s a great secret and makes the cost of ownership very reasonable! It’s a steal as a Certified Pre-owned from Lexus! All of the service and amenities for a reasonable price!!
Old 07-16-19, 05:23 AM
yeldogt
Lead Lap

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm in and out of Philly and NYC all the time -- wanted a smaller car for in and out of the city. Started buying Prius for my company in 2012 -- It's a mindset. Are there some power tradeoffs -- yes. But you get used to them and how to overcome. New drivers don't understand that you have to really get on it for some situations .. after driving for a while no one has any real complaints. It's not underpowered.

I find ours (we have two in the Co) to be extremely comfortable and easy to drive -- I have one of them for personal use and often take it when something else that others would think nicer available. We have a place at the beach and up in Bucks so it's 3 gallons of gas to the beach and back. Would have really loved it as a two door.
Old 07-18-19, 05:31 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

The CT200h does well for its designed purpose.

I guess everything is relative to something else. When I get into my RCF or my LX570, the power difference is obviously very noticeable. But there is no way my RCF will EVER get 42+mpg. Neither will my LX570. On the flip side, there is no way I can EVER fit a total of 8 people into my CT200h either as in my LX570.

Originally Posted by phillymac
I have had a 2016 CT 200 for a couple of weeks now. I was looking for a fuel efficient car with some luxury and comfort. This car has far exceeded my expectations. I recently came from a Honda Fit but I have owned a 2nd generation and 3rd generations GS 300 in years past. I don’t understand all of the complaints regarding this cars performance. I have been driving in “normal mode” and it performs well on the highway and in town. It has pickup when merging onto the expressway and when needed to get ahead in traffic. The reviews would have you to believe this car is something that it isn’t or should be. It’s a great car with more than adequate “get up and go”!! It’s a great secret and makes the cost of ownership very reasonable! It’s a steal as a Certified Pre-owned from Lexus! All of the service and amenities for a reasonable price!!
Old 07-22-19, 09:53 PM
phillymac
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You are certainly correct! Relatively depending on what you are looking for or driving in addition too.

Originally Posted by lexusrus
The CT200h does well for its designed purpose.

I guess everything is relative to something else. When I get into my RCF or my LX570, the power difference is obviously very noticeable. But there is no way my RCF will EVER get 42+mpg. Neither will my LX570. On the flip side, there is no way I can EVER fit a total of 8 people into my CT200h either as in my LX570.