CT 200h Model (2011-2017)

iPhone 7 plus mount?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-17, 02:33 PM
BenjoCT200
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 7 plus mount?

Hello! What is a good iphone7 plus mount? The CD phone mount is too far back for the common ones. The Proclip brand is good, but it would blocking the vent semi permanently.
Any suggestions? Thank you.
Old 09-11-17, 08:56 PM
RonSwanson
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Benjo, I used to swear by ProClip mounts, but they just don't make a good mount solution for the CT. Now I use magnetic mounts - primary one is the A/C mount since it has the best viewing angle, secondary is the CD mount that I use when I'm using the A/C. I have a iP6+ w/ a protective case covering the phone magnet and I get little to no wiggle.

The A/C mount are pretty generic and can be had for ~$5 on Amazon. This is the CD mount I use:
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
BenjoCT200 (09-13-17)
Old 09-13-17, 09:24 PM
BenjoCT200
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ron,
Since the CD slot is further back, would the reach of your CD mount be enough? I have some CD mount from my other cars but the CT's slot are tricky.
Old 11-02-17, 04:39 PM
cyansmiles
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put the CD Mount under the vents (between the dash and the vents). It is not really supposed to go there, but I forced, it works great.
The following users liked this post:
ramenboy (11-03-17)
Old 11-03-17, 11:17 AM
ramenboy
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cyansmiles
I put the CD Mount under the vents (between the dash and the vents). It is not really supposed to go there, but I forced, it works great.
that sounds like a plan. i've een getting a sore neck looking down at my phone w the oem mount.

got pics on where you positioned yours? and what kind of cd mount is it?
Old 11-03-17, 01:09 PM
cyansmiles
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will get a photo this weekend and get it posted. Again, I put it in an odd place, but it works great. I had to really tighten up the joints, but it never vibrates (like some) and holds the phone great. I use the magnetic wires and hide it under the console. I was easy to do.

I did not put this in the CD slot, it won't work the way the dash is set up well, but of all the ones I tried, this was the best. I got mine on eBay for $2.88 from China (took a few weeks) - buy it now, I found the same thing on Amazon (just looking fast, may be cheaper on a different listing) for about $4.25 (free ship). That is probably from China too (don't know). The only prob with China it is a slow ship. I am now thinking as was so cheap I should order an extra in case it ever breaks.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360-Magneti...-/252608581606

Amazon Amazon

The second best thing I found is this vent magnet (see below) ... but it is not near as good. Again, I tried a ton of different ones before I settled on the one above. I will get some photos of it mounted this weekend. Thanks for asking. Someone cares (most people could care less when I talk about it).

The only small issue is I did kind of stuff it under the leather dash... so it bends it a little, ... but I really don't think it will be that big of a deal over time. I small bend,... but anyways... that is all up to you.

Here is the other one if you want a second option. These are two for $7.99 on Amazon. I still keep these around for my wife when she in my car and wants to charge her phone. I put them on the vent. But because of the way the dash sticks out beyond the vents, it does not work as well. They do work fine.

BTW, the magnet ones with the ball won't stick to the dash, and I don't think they will stick to the lower console either. I had used them on my Prius with no problem, but my Prius had a different dash material. Also, I don't like my phone low, I want it where I can see the road if I do have to touch my phone. I actually find having the phone low is dangerous (for anyone driving). It is a terrible design. I also don't like the phone in the window... it is too hard to reach and they also tend to look terrible or bounce too much (especially with bigger phones).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HCH3SLQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HCH3SLQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by cyansmiles; 11-03-17 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-04-17, 10:15 PM
mmmboost
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RonSwanson
I use this same mount. It's the lowest profile magnetic mount that I'm aware of and a perfect fit for the CT and how I use it.