CT's worst feature

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-12, 05:09 PM
prosperity
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Hopefully people in Australia aren't guilty of many of those.[/QUOTE]

Australian motorists kill themselves mainly by boozing, speeding and sleeping. We're also a big country (our land mass is greater than the mainland US) with only 23 million people, so our roads often leave a lot to be desired.
Old 01-10-12, 07:12 AM
Darith
Driver

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Angry

*MOONROOF/SUNROOF PAIN*

Please pardon my rant in advance... Despite cabin pressure build up, who's bright idea was it design the close functionality of the moon roof (sunroof) to stop at the tilt position!? I'm infuriated at this design (at first I thought all I had to do is remember to sit there, wait until it closes to tilt, and then hit close again to close it), but this design is starting to take it's toll on me since I'm a consumer always on the go. When I returned to my CT200h, I was drenched with water as a thunderstorm passed by due to this close to tilt feature. (I was on the run in the morning, I thought I had closed the moonroof/sunroof, but it only stopped at the tilt position.) I know it's my fault not to patiently wait there and hit the close again, but it's worse when the initial design creates a domino effect of problems for the consumer. Has anyone been able to ask the Lexus dealership to fix the moonroof close function to close all the way instead of stopping at the tilt position?

Last edited by Darith; 01-10-12 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-10-12, 08:19 AM
hdave
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darith
*MOONROOF/SUNROOF PAIN*

Please pardon my rant in advance... Despite cabin pressure build up, who's bright idea was it design the close functionality of the moon roof (sunroof) to stop at the tilt position!? I'm infuriated at this design (at first I thought all I had to do is remember to sit there, wait until it closes to tilt, and then hit close again to close it), but this design is starting to take it's toll on me since I'm a consumer always on the go. When I returned to my CT200h, I was drenched with water as a thunderstorm passed by due to this close to tilt feature. (I was on the run in the morning, I thought I had closed the moonroof/sunroof, but it only stopped at the tilt position.) I know it's my fault not to patiently wait there and hit the close again, but it's worse when the initial design creates a domino effect of problems for the consumer. Has anyone been able to ask the Lexus dealership to fix the moonroof close function to close all the way instead of stopping at the tilt position?
Sorry to hear about all that!
I have never used mine since I got the car because it is cold here, but will be sure to test it out and see what happens with mine.
Old 01-10-12, 09:57 AM
jimmyc13
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to hear that Darith. Yeah, that is unfortunate they designed it this way, you're not the first to complain about it. Didn't your CT chime when you opened your door and dash light up "MOONROOF OPEN" or "SUNROOF OPEN"? Mine does that in the display where the battery charge is located, if the door is opened when the car is off.
Old 05-29-12, 11:25 AM
jngjng
Driver School Candidate

Here's a good one. Maybe not the worst thing but certainly an inconvenience:

So if you leave the dome light in the car on, it will eventually drain the battery. Dome lights don't have an auto shut off. So daughter turned on the lights because she likes to, and we had left the car on the driveway (fortunately ) for 5 days. So when I tried to start it, it of course didn't work.

Called Lexus roadside and they were ready to boost the battery. Well, the battery is not in the front, it is in the back by the passenger side corner. The problem is if you ever need to boost that battery, you have to open the passenger rear door, fold the seat, climb to the back, remove the floor covers and boost the battery, because the rear hatch will NOT open without power. There is no key release or any release that I could find to open the hatch. Hopefully you don't need to boost that battery too often!
Old 05-29-12, 11:31 AM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Originally Posted by jngjng

So if you leave the dome light in the car on, it will eventually drain the battery. Dome lights don't have an auto shut off. So daughter turned on the lights because she likes to, and we had left the car on the driveway (fortunately ) for 5 days. So when I tried to start it, it of course didn't work.

Called Lexus roadside and they were ready to boost the battery. Well, the battery is not in the front, it is in the back by the passenger side corner. The problem is if you ever need to boost that battery, you have to open the passenger rear door, fold the seat, climb to the back, remove the floor covers and boost the battery, because the rear hatch will NOT open without power. There is no key release or any release that I could find to open the hatch. Hopefully you don't need to boost that battery too often!
good to know! i hope they can address that in the future. i didn't realize the hatch requires power to release even though it's still a manual lift gate.

i've left a door open all night one time that drained the battery to 1 or 2 bars. had to drive for a while on gas power before the battery was able to recharge itself. scary
Old 05-29-12, 03:44 PM
Jroussos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jngjng

So if you leave the dome light in the car on, it will eventually drain the battery. Dome lights don't have an auto shut off. So daughter turned on the lights because she likes to, and we had left the car on the driveway (fortunately) for 5 days. So when I tried to start it, it of course didn't work.

YOU CAN JUMP IT FROM UNDER THE HOOD!

I've only my CT a few days but I just checked and it is the same as the Prius I've had for 7 years. My Grandson left the dome light on and killed the 12 volt battery TWICE in the Prius.

See Picture Attached: (Out of focus but you get the idea)

There is a lug covered with a red cap in the Fuse Box under the hood. It directly connects to the 12 volt battery. To jump the car you remove the Fuse box cover, flip the RED cover with the (+) sign UP and connect positive jumper cable to the lug under the RED Flip up cover, and connect jumper negative to frame for ground. Wait at least 5 minutes for the 12 volt battery to get a Surface charge. Check to see if you get dash lights and if so it should start right up.

JR
Attached Thumbnails CT's worst feature-jumper.jpg  
Old 05-29-12, 03:53 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

cheap window switches unbeffiting a luxury make. needs the one from IS/LS or HS/GS/GX/RX
Old 05-29-12, 06:17 PM
FNFZ4
Driver

The CT would have been perfect if it had more cargo room like the prius. Thats all i want them to improve. other than that I love the car.
Old 05-30-12, 10:49 AM
jngjng
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jroussos
YOU CAN JUMP IT FROM UNDER THE HOOD!

I've only my CT a few days but I just checked and it is the same as the Prius I've had for 7 years. My Grandson left the dome light on and killed the 12 volt battery TWICE in the Prius.

See Picture Attached: (Out of focus but you get the idea)

There is a lug covered with a red cap in the Fuse Box under the hood. It directly connects to the 12 volt battery. To jump the car you remove the Fuse box cover, flip the RED cover with the (+) sign UP and connect positive jumper cable to the lug under the RED Flip up cover, and connect jumper negative to frame for ground. Wait at least 5 minutes for the 12 volt battery to get a Surface charge. Check to see if you get dash lights and if so it should start right up.

JR
Wow good to know!
Wonder why Lexus Roadside didn't know that trick.
It would have saved the poor guy some minor aggravation.
But in any case, a key release (or any type of emergency release) to open the rear hatch would be a great idea.
Old 05-31-12, 06:16 PM
MOXPlayer
Driver School Candidate

Agreed on the UI for the Nav interface, but I have great experiences with iPhone 4 and BT. I do like the mouse/joystick as well. MS synch is the best UI for Nav and tech though.