Write-Up: Accessing the Service Menu

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-11, 12:33 PM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Post Write-Up: Accessing the Service Menu

Hey ya'll.

Sorry, kinda been under the radar for a little bit. Still waiting on mods, I may be changing suppliers for the lip kit and suspension due to response time and delivery issues.

Here's a fun little write-up on how to access the Service Menu in our CTs with navigation and Remote Touch remotes. The Service Menu provides some good information in terms of HD checks, system checks, and also provides some information on firmware, etc.

Disclaimer: I hold no responsibility for any damage or injury this write up may cause. Thank you.

Step ONE:

Make sure your headlights are set to Auto or OFF. Make sure your car is off.

Step TWO:

With the car off and foot OFF the brake pedal, press the power button once to enter ACC mode. The power button should glow amber.

Step THREE:

Wait for the NAV screen to lift up and for the Lexus logo and Lexus Enform splash screens to complete.

Step FOUR:

Go to your Remote Touch controller and press the Menu button once. Your START screen should show up.

Step FIVE:

Press and HOLD the Menu button. At the same time, cycle your headlights from ON to off/auto FOUR times in rapid succession.

The NAV screen will then enter the service menu.

That's it! Enjoy! Most diagnostics are pretty fast. To clear any error codes, just press and HOLD the CLR CODE button or CLR MEMORY until the screen refreshes.

I had a few errors on mine, but after I cleared the codes, they haven't come back.

One of my error codes was from way back in March! You can also see the version of your firmware too in case of troubleshooting, etc. You can also check to see whether your microphone for the voice recognition/bluetooth systems are working.

NOTE: The HDD CHECK function will take up to 5-10 minutes. So don't freak out if it seems like it's taking a while.

UNDER HANDSFREE VOLUME SETTING, there's an option to adjust your RECEIVE audio level. Does anyone know what this could be for?

Also, I just noticed the Camera Settings button is greyed out. I'm gonna play around. Hopefully, there will be a way to bring back the parking LINES onto the reverse camera screen!!!!!

Good luck.
Old 01-03-12, 09:51 AM
exbauer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for digging into this. I would really like the have the parking lines for the back up camera.
Old 01-03-12, 01:47 PM
HennessySK
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt_RN
UNDER HANDSFREE VOLUME SETTING, there's an option to adjust your RECEIVE audio level. Does anyone know what this could be for?
If the person on the other end has a hard time hearing you, turn up this level.
Old 01-04-12, 12:12 AM
gpunkt
Driver School Candidate

or you can just go the easier (prius) way:

just press the display button at the remote touch when acc is on.
then point to the left upper side of the diplay and press enter, then go to the lower left side of it and press enter, then back to the upper side...
repeat this for i think three or four times and the service menu will appear.

same disclaimer: at your own risk!
Old 01-15-12, 11:20 PM
cssaus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting!

On my vehicle on the Service Menu Screen display I don't see the Program Update option, I wonder why?
Old 01-23-12, 11:09 PM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

Originally Posted by gpunkt
or you can just go the easier (prius) way:

just press the display button at the remote touch when acc is on.
then point to the left upper side of the diplay and press enter, then go to the lower left side of it and press enter, then back to the upper side...
repeat this for i think three or four times and the service menu will appear.

same disclaimer: at your own risk!

I tried doing this and it doesn't work. Is it a different interface in the Prius vs. CT because of the Remote Touch controller? Can anyone get it to work using the above method?
Old 01-30-12, 07:34 AM
gpunkt
Driver School Candidate

Works well in my CT200h.
Just press the Display button. Then go to the left side right under the appeared display-beam. press enter, then go down and press enter just above the lower display beam. repeat this for 3-4 times and the serv. men. will appear. (do it about 1 cm away from the left display edge.)

Last edited by gpunkt; 01-30-12 at 07:38 AM.
Old 01-31-12, 04:46 AM
Matt_RN
Banned for Life

ooOOoo. Okay. I was doing it all the way on the top and bottom edges, not from the display lines.
Old 07-30-20, 05:42 AM
camiel76
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for this.
Finally found out I had a CLOCK - NCON error in the system check.( am not able to set the time of my car thru the menu )

I did clear memory, and after a recheck no CLOCK mark is there, neither OK nor NCON.

Will it reappear after a while? Or is a memory clear definite?
Need to go to dealer anyhow..
====
This is the image from the thread starter. Mine does not have the Clock at all at the moment...

Old 04-13-22, 04:00 PM
blumpy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by camiel76
Thanks for this.
Finally found out I had a CLOCK - NCON error in the system check.( am not able to set the time of my car thru the menu )

I did clear memory, and after a recheck no CLOCK mark is there, neither OK nor NCON.

Will it reappear after a while? Or is a memory clear definite?
Need to go to dealer anyhow..
Were you ever able to work this out on your own or did require the dealer to fix this? I have the same issue with my 2014 ct200h.

Thanks.