Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

** New Product Release ** Rotora 4-Piston Big Brake kit ** Fits GS3/4/430 and IS300 *

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-03, 03:39 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ** New Product Release ** Rotora 4-Piston Big Brake kit ** Fits GS3/4/430 and IS300 *

ROTORA: 4-PISTON FRONT BIG BRAKE KIT: LEXUS

Promotional group buy for the Lexus Rotora big brake kit.

ROTORA BIG BRAKE KIT COMPONENTS:
-a set of pre-installed 4-piston calipers (red or blue of your choice)
-a set of 1 piece cross-drilled/slotted oversize, vented, “e-coated” discs (330mm)
-a set of high carbon steel (S45C) mounting brackets
-a set of Rotora sport pads: high street performance-SEE FREE UPGRADE
-a set of stainless steel braided brake lines with hardware (D.O.T. approved)

******** AS AN ADDED BONUS FOR THIS PROMOTIONAL **********

-FREE shipping anywhere in the continental North America (*Alaska and Hawaii extra charge*)
-FREE set of Rotora’s ceramic competition race pads

Total package price lists well over $2,000.00

GROUP BUY PRICING:

$1,550.00
Offer ends: 6/31/03

visit online at http://www.rotora.com for additional information.

ROTORA BIG BRAKE KIT VS. STOCK BRAKES

-Caliper Weight (loaded caliper): ROTORA---9.7 lbs. STOCK---17.5 lbs.
-Oversize Disc Weight: ROTORA---18.6 lbs. STOCK---20 lbs.
-Oversize Disc Dimension: ROTORA---330mm x 32mm STOCK---296mm x 32mm

A total weight savings of 9 lbs. per side!!!!!

NOTE: 5mm wheel spacers are required to fit stock Lexus wheels.

FEATURES/BENEFITS:

Fully cast and CNC machined to ensure the highest quality; Rotora's high performance brake system enables superior brake modulation while improving overall pedal feel to ensure equal distribution of weight transfer when braking. To achieve this proportional front-to-rear brake bias, Rotora’s 2-piece cast aluminum calipers are fine tuned by increasing the clamp load to the optimal level while utilizing the stock master cylinder to retain overall front-to-rear brake bias.
-Rotora’s two piece cast aluminum, heat-treated (4-piston) calipers (application specific) provides stock pedal feel while increasing the clamp load/force to ensure equal distribution of weight transfer during braking.
-Rotora’s street performance pads that are included were designed to improved stopping distance while keeping the squeal at a minimum. Provides higher coefficient of friction which work exceptionally well under high temperatures. The ideal pad for all-around performance.
-Stainless steel, braided brake lines prevent brake hose expansion under pressure and improve stiffer pedal feel. All Rotora’s steel braided lines are DOT approved and pressure tested to 3,000 psi to meet FMVSS-106 (Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) standard.
-Cross drilled/slotted rotors to ensure heat dissipation for continuous hard braking (which helps reduce warping, and brake fade) and keeping the rotor and brake pad surface free of excess brake dust and debris.
-"E-coated" (black) finish plating on rotors to prolong life and reduce rust build up.
-Direct bolt on replacement to all stock front brake system (some applications requires the removal of the stock dust cover shield).
-Larger surface area compared to stock O.E. rotors which will increase brake performance.
-All systems are abs compatible.
-All pistons with dust seals.

If you would like to order online please use our Lexus/TRD Performance Secure site https://shuksan-secured.com/l-tunedp...rd-secure.html just fill out the info and comment section, all orders come directly to me. Or you may call 1-800-908-6968 and ask for Gordon,Bobby or Angel.
Attached Thumbnails ** New Product Release ** Rotora 4-Piston Big Brake kit ** Fits GS3/4/430 and IS300 *-rotora-big-brake-kit-blue.jpg  

Last edited by SUPRATRD; 07-11-03 at 02:57 PM.
Old 05-02-03, 03:43 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Another Big Brake Kit? Anyone has any opinion/feedback on these? Any other rotor color Steve? Black?

Looks like a good deal if there has been good experience with these. Thanks Steve.

Last edited by Neo; 05-02-03 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-02-03, 04:24 PM
SUPRATRD

Attached Thumbnails ** New Product Release ** Rotora 4-Piston Big Brake kit ** Fits GS3/4/430 and IS300 *-rotora-big-brake-kit-red.jpg  
Old 05-02-03, 04:25 PM
SUPRATRD

Attached Thumbnails ** New Product Release ** Rotora 4-Piston Big Brake kit ** Fits GS3/4/430 and IS300 *-rotora-caliper-schematic.jpg  
Old 05-02-03, 04:26 PM
SUPRATRD

Attached Thumbnails ** New Product Release ** Rotora 4-Piston Big Brake kit ** Fits GS3/4/430 and IS300 *-rotora-caliper-on-wheel.jpg  
Old 05-02-03, 04:27 PM
SUPRATRD

Rotora Ceramic Pads
Attached Thumbnails ** New Product Release ** Rotora 4-Piston Big Brake kit ** Fits GS3/4/430 and IS300 *-rotora-ceramic-pads.jpg  
Old 05-02-03, 04:30 PM
SUPRATRD

Neo,

I'll have these on my 1997 SC300 in 2-3 weeks, I didn't advertise for the SC because they haven't done any fitment on them, we all know the Turbo Supra Calipers fit the SC and GS.......

C'mon down to the dealer, I'll let you do a test drive!!!

Last edited by SUPRATRD; 05-02-03 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-02-03, 05:26 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by SUPRATRD
Neo,

I'll have these on my 1997 SC300 in 2-3 weeks, I didn't advertise for the SC because they haven't done any fitment on them, we all know the Turbo Supra Calipers fit the SC and GS.......

C'mon down to the dealer, I'll let you do a test drive!!!
I'll let you know next time I'm down there. Thanks.
Old 05-02-03, 08:15 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

Do these fit the standard 16" and 17" Lexus wheels that come with the 2nd gen GS400?
Old 05-02-03, 09:21 PM
SUPRATRD

Stealther,

Yes, they will work on the stock 16'' and 17'' Lexus wheels, but a 5mm wheel spacer is needed................

Last edited by SUPRATRD; 05-02-03 at 09:21 PM.
Old 05-02-03, 10:14 PM
Stealther
Lead Lap

Oops, I missed that one. Thanks Steve!
Old 05-07-03, 10:02 PM
GR8TSCOT
Driver School Candidate

Will these also fit a Gen3 ('99) LS400?
Old 05-09-03, 11:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,189 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Looks very interesting! Thanks for bringing this to us Steve. I've never heard of Rotora (not that I'm any expert on brakes), so it's hard for me to have comfort with a purchase like this. Do you know of any Lexus owner running a Rotara package?

I'm assuming they'll fit fine under my high disc 19"s which have tons of clearance from the stock caliper. But what if they don't fit? I'm not interested in spacers.

Also, blue or red calipers only is a bit disappointing to be honest for my silver GS. I'd rather silver or black.

But it does sound interesting!
Old 05-10-03, 05:21 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 240 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Looks very interesting! Thanks for bringing this to us Steve. I've never heard of Rotora (not that I'm any expert on brakes), so it's hard for me to have comfort with a purchase like this. Do you know of any Lexus owner running a Rotara package?

I'm assuming they'll fit fine under my high disc 19"s which have tons of clearance from the stock caliper. But what if they don't fit? I'm not interested in spacers.

Also, blue or red calipers only is a bit disappointing to be honest for my silver GS. I'd rather silver or black.

But it does sound interesting!
Steve, I have exactly the same questions as Paul..............................

Also interested in this package.
Old 05-10-03, 09:40 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Steve, how soon can they be shipped out? We wouldnt have to wait until the GB ends to be shipped, would we? Are these calipers smaller than the Supra TT calipers in size? It seems that if they only need a 5mm spacer for the stock 17's than they actually give you more room for fitment than the Supra upgrade, is this right?

Basically I want to jump into this GB, but IM trying to figure out how I know if they will fit behind my HRE's/ Once I know that, my money as as good as paid, I need brakes REALLY bad right now.

Thanks in advance.

By the way, if these do fit, does anyone have an opinion on whcih color to go with on a Black GS. Im thinking the red.

Im thinking that I could measure the room I have with my HRE's between the rotor and the spokes. Then put a stock wheel on the car and measure the distance at the same spots. If the difference is more than 5mm, then I should be fine. Does that make any sense?

Last edited by TTurboPimp; 05-10-03 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: ** New Product Release ** Rotora 4-Piston Big Brake kit ** Fits GS3/4/430 and IS300 *