Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

How To: Maximize Time with a Cleaner Wax/AIO

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-12, 11:05 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How To: Maximize Time with a Cleaner Wax/AIO

Whether you're a professional detailer or a detailing enthusiast, the end goal is the same, and that's to achieve shiny paint in as little steps as possible. If you're a production detailer, a one step cleaner wax/AIO (all-in-one) is something you should definitely look in to as they enable you to clean, polish and protect the paint in one step. In some cases, such as what you're about to see below, an AIO can make detailing a dull, faded paint job quick and painless.

Autogeek's Show Car Garage never goes to waste. If Mike Phillips isn't in there polishing a show car to perfection, one of Autogeek's many employees may be using the garage for the day to polish their own vehicle, or a friends, to perfection. Working at Autogeek certainly has its perks, and that is one of them.

More often than not, the power of a one step cleaner wax/AIO is often misunderstood. A couple months ago I showed what one of the more popular AIOs, Pinnacle XMT 360, was capable of in an article I wrote, Rebirth of a Daily Driver - Oxidized Corolla. Today, while Jason was detailing a friend's GMC Canyon, I grabbed a Flex XC3401, slapped on a Lake Country Tangerine Hydro-Tech Polishing pad, and put one of the more popular AIOs, Duragloss 501, to the test to see what it was capable of.

After performing a test spot.

Not bad eh? That's after 5 section passes set at speed 6 on the Flex XC3401.

Here is the hood completed.

All that's left is to finish the rest of the Canyon. I'll leave that to Jason.

Flex XC 3401 VRG Dual Action Orbital Polisher

Duragloss Marine RV Polish #501

All In One Cleaner Waxes & Sealants

Last edited by Nick@Autogeek; 05-14-12 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-14-12, 06:24 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jason finished the rest of the Canyon with DG-501 and added a coat of Pinnacle XMT 180 High-Gloss Carnauba Paste Wax to really make the paint pop.