Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Torque Master spark plugs Group Buy Status?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-02, 06:36 PM
BLW
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Torque Master spark plugs Group Buy Status?

What is the status of the TM group buy? I placed an order almost 3 weeks ago and have not heard anything from anybody (except Steve Ganz's initial response that he recieved my order). Is this still going forward or has it died a slow and quiet death. This is the first GB that I have participated in on CL and apalogize if these things play out longer than I would expect and I have just not allowed enough time for the GB to come to completion. Some sort of news on what is going on would be helpfull. If it's dead I will order directly from TM. Dave, Steve, What's Up??
Old 07-24-02, 10:08 PM
RacingAristo

TM custom make those plugs fresh just for us. It takes about 2 weeks to complete the entire order according to Steve Ganz. Don't worry, Steve is not that kind of person who just runs away with your money. He has the highest customer service and competitive price on parts. I'm not sure if he's back from vacation or not. I will give him a call tomorrow morning to check out the status and post it here. Plus I need to pick up some "toys" I ordered from him.

Old 07-25-02, 08:56 AM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i spoke to him yesterday and he said they should arrive to him next week sometime
Old 07-25-02, 10:19 AM
RacingAristo

Ah so Steve is back. I'll just call him next time to pick up the plugs and toys. Save me a phone call to Carson Toyota today.

Old 07-25-02, 12:23 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Yeah, Steve was back to work on Tues. I'm glad this thread came up. I totally forgot that I purchased those plugs 3 weeks ago. Glad to know that we will be getting them shortly. Maybe he can pass them out at the meet!
Old 07-25-02, 12:50 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LXOGOOD
Yeah, Steve was back to work on Tues. I'm glad this thread came up. I totally forgot that I purchased those plugs 3 weeks ago. Glad to know that we will be getting them shortly. Maybe he can pass them out at the meet!
how can you forget? i'd be dying for them to show up on my door!!
Old 07-25-02, 02:24 PM
RacingAristo

LXO,

Why not just pick it up from Steve directly? That's what I'm gonna do. It saves some bucks and receive the parts quicker.

Old 07-25-02, 04:27 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RacingAristo
LXO,

Why not just pick it up from Steve directly? That's what I'm gonna do. It saves some bucks and receive the parts quicker.
RA: Oh yes, I will be picking them up directly from him. As a matter of fact, I'm picking up my TRD grill from him in a few days. I'll ask what the stauts is on the plugs. I just wasn't sure if he had them in yet. I can't believe I totally forgot about the GB. I guess my mind has been more on the SRT Turbo.
Old 07-25-02, 06:00 PM
BLW
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Thanks for The News

Hey Guys, thanks for the news. I have been so anxious for these plugs that this has been the longest 3 weeks I have had for quite some time. Plus I need to perform 60K service and plugs are on the menu.
Old 07-25-02, 06:02 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I just read a post from someone that just put them in - not sure if they got them in the GB or not....

I sent Steve a number of emails while he's been on vacation, but have been leaving him alone this week as I'm sure he's swamped catching up.

The status RA mentions above is exactly as I would have typed it (thanks)! I'll see if I can get an update soon. Looking forward to mine as well!
Old 07-25-02, 06:54 PM
RacingAristo

Man, I'm so freaking excited on the parts from Steve and from Japan!

Old 07-25-02, 10:04 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

RA, what do you have coming from Japan?
Old 07-28-02, 09:41 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Steve sent me an e-mail on Friday saying that the TM plugs should be in his hands by the Carson Meet. However, it is a good chance that it may take a little longer. He thinks that we overwelmed TM with this GB. Stay tuned...I will see Steve on Tues to pick up a few items and I'll ask about the plugs!
Old 07-28-02, 03:47 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

boy, these guys are sure behind on production or something if they're overwhelmed. let's hope quailty didn't become a tradeoff
Old 07-28-02, 07:29 PM
RacingAristo

WHAT? There are only couple orders for TM plugs and they couldn't handle it? This is ridiculous! You can't even make couple hundred plugs in 3 weeks. Come on!

I was planning to drop by this Thursday to pick up some stuffs from Steve. Guess I will have to postpone it after I come back from cruise.

bravo,

can't share. top secret stuff.

Quick Reply: Torque Master spark plugs Group Buy Status?