Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Tom's STB's.... 1st come, 1st serve...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-02, 04:59 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, That isn't a bad idea..... Next time...
Old 07-18-02, 05:14 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i for one was put off by the confusion as to which type it was (through no fault of yours, sypher) while all that was going on, i snuck in on the groupbuy for the GS brakes. sorry to lead you on, but unfortunately my mod budget only goes so far for a month. ill just have to pay regular rate for the TRD bar if they ever come in. thanx again for the effort.....

Doc
Old 07-18-02, 09:03 AM
bichkikr
Pole Position

wassup guys...I don't get a chance to read this stuff too often, but if it's not too late, i'm down to get both pieces. No flakin', i can even pick them up this weekend (saturday) because i'll be in the area. Are we astill gonna do this?
Old 07-18-02, 02:56 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

yeah it's still on.... Pm me......
Old 07-19-02, 03:57 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alright, another person in!

sypher,

i'm not getting responses from anyone there and have been calling and left a message just now. as soon as i find out about the plugs i'll PM payment info. an update in case you're thinking i'm out or something
Old 07-26-02, 12:24 AM
CSHFLW
Lexus Test Driver

Will any of these STB fit a GS300 with engine cover?
Old 07-26-02, 02:25 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by CSHFLW
Will any of these STB fit a GS300 with engine cover?
Nope.... Sorry.
Old 07-31-02, 07:03 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Toms front STB clears GS400 engine cover correct?????
Please let me know... I too have been waiting for the Ugo CF f+r but they are taking forever.....
Might just have to get the Toms F+R STB and the F+R LCB's....heehee Gotta have everything match.....or at least the top two and the bottom two....
Old 07-31-02, 07:09 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by tinygs
Toms front STB clears GS400 engine cover correct?????
Please let me know... I too have been waiting for the Ugo CF f+r but they are taking forever.....
Might just have to get the Toms F+R STB and the F+R LCB's....heehee Gotta have everything match.....or at least the top two and the bottom two....
I think it clears the cover on the 400, but I'm not sure... I'll have a answer for you tomorrow on that... But as for everything matching I am also going to get all Tom's braces for my GS.... I would try to do a Group-buy for the LCB's but the GB for these STB's turned out to ridiculous.... Bravo261 helped me out alot.... Thanks Brav.... But who knows... I might do it....
Old 08-01-02, 01:08 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The TOM's STB won't fit the GS300, with or without the engine cover right? Unless we use spacers, then the bar can clear the engine at least?

Where can I get these spacers?
Old 08-01-02, 08:37 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Globe - I talked to Steve a couple days ago , and he said you will need 6 spacers , 3 for each side . But call Steve to confirm .

I didn't order it though , cause my Rmm STB fits perfectly fine , even though i won't have matching braces .
Old 08-01-02, 09:08 AM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Ok, here's the scoop for all the GS300 owners. I called and inquired about the group buy, and since i have some shows coming up, i wanted the bars pretty quickly. Long story short, I ended up ordering all the TOM's braces that they had. I had everything installed yesterday and here's the problems I've had.

1. front upper STB does not clear with or without the cover, spacers have been ordered.
2. rear lower brace makes a horrible noise because my exhaust (Greddy) literally sits on top of it. I don't know what to do about this one, maybe use some thermal wrap around the exhaust pipes just in that area so that the metal-to-metal nise goes away.
3. my rear upper STB won't fit because of the way my system is set up...guess i'll have to get a hole drilled through the box...sacrifice!!
4. front lower braces fit all good!!!

So, i'm still not completely happy with the purchase, but once they are all in i'll be stoked!! Can't wait!!
Old 08-01-02, 09:22 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

bichkikr - Can you take a pic of the rear lower chassis brace , where its rubbing on the exhaust ? I have the greddy as well and hope it fits without rubbing . I ordered the complete package by the way.

Dumb question , Did you order the A or B type for the rear ? Also , how much did the shop charge you for install ?

Who did you talk to at Carson ? Steve knows that the front STB won't fit without the spacers .

Thxs a million.
Old 08-01-02, 01:16 PM
bichkikr
Pole Position

Sure thing!! I'll try to find a shop that has a lift so that i can take better photo's for you. As far as the rear brace, i'm not sure what the difference between the A and B are? Are you talking about the upper or lower bar? The shop charged me 120.00 to install all the braces and bars. When i called Carson, Steve was on vacation, so I talked to Angel. He seemed to know his stuff because he asked what kind of exhaust I had, etc, for fitment. I guess he forgot about the clearence on the 300 motors. I hope that stuff helps, i'll try to get the pictures done soon!!
Old 08-01-02, 02:31 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

bichkikr- The rear brace comes in 2 types . A type is closed for exhausts that have small mufflers , and B type is open for exhausts that have large canisters . Go to the Carson Toyota site and check it out .

www.newtoyotaparts.com , then click on the ltuned link . Sry i don't have the link directly to Steve's site , but just follow the links and you will find it.

If you have the A type , send it back for the B type . If you have the B type , im not sure what to do to resolve the rubbing .

The only pic i want to see is where the rear chassis brace is rubbing on the Greddy .

Quick Reply: Tom's STB's.... 1st come, 1st serve...