Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - Lexus SMART Cards - All models

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-09, 07:21 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - Lexus SMART Cards - All models

The Lexus SMART card available from the new LS460 has now been tested and confirmed to work with all Lexus models using the SMART Access key fob or specifically to Lexus models equipped with push-button ignition. Use promo code 909RK to receive the SMART card at the special rate. Click the image below for details.

Special pricing can be received by using 909RK as your promo code during the checkout process.

Important - while the SMART card offers a very fancy and convenient method of gaining entry into your Lexus, the emergency entry key associated with the SMART card is not available and cannot be used with the aforementioned models. In other words, should the battery become compromised, then no alternative entry can be made to your vehicle until the battery (CR2412) can be replaced.

**Online promotional codes are available for online use only and are not valid via phone or email. If you experience any technical problems with our website and/or any promotional code, please take a moment to give us your error information to us directly at Web Support.

Last edited by Sewell; 02-18-11 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 07:49 AM
smokyGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much would it cost to cut the valet key as well?
Old 12-04-09, 08:05 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by smokyGS
How much would it cost to cut the valet key as well?
Hmmmmm, well there's lots of valet keys available for Lexus. You're best bet will be to go to the homepage (click the link to the left), and choose the KEYS & FOBS category towards the top of the page. You'll then choose your model and year. Then click on the ALL KEYS category to the left and this will display all the available keys for your specific year and model Lexus.

Darrel
Old 12-04-09, 08:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,145 Likes on 1,309 Posts

I want to buy a newer Lexus just so I can have a smart key, great deal! Stupid first-gen keyless entry in my LS430
Old 12-04-09, 02:13 PM
kazakh
Driver

Will this Smart Card work with 2007 Camry? I have a Camry XLE with smart key and push start button.
Old 12-04-09, 09:14 PM
HalfSleep
Rookie

Is this available/works for Canadians?
Old 12-04-09, 09:38 PM
THE.K.W.C
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how long is this sale going on for?
Old 12-04-09, 09:53 PM
AceVA
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased one of these for my LS a couple of months ago from Sewell (I can't say enough good things about these guys, for what it's worth.) It's such a convenience - my office, house and everything else are electronic/keyless, so I only need to carry my wallet now.

A tip though... I've found not all dealers know how to properly program these. My nearest Lexus dealer is over 2 hours away, so I took it to the Toyota dealer (they have the same computer as the Lexus techs) and spent 1.5hrs with the tech in the shop as we tried to get it programmed. Finally, as they weren't charging me anyway, I told him he can give up - it just wouldn't detect the card. He suspected it might be a defective card.

I took it to the Lexus dealer a couple of weeks later and the tech (using the same computer and software) got it programmed in about 3 minutes. He said you have to hold the Lexus logo firmly against the start button. Worked perfectly after that.

Just a note if your tech has an issue programming it. Also note that if they ask you for all transmitters, they're not doing it right... they need to select "additional transmitter" (or something to that effect) instead of a complete reset.
Old 12-05-09, 07:20 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

does the IS F smart card come with the F logo on it?
Old 12-05-09, 10:00 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Tried to purchase using my rewards and it didnt work?
Old 12-05-09, 10:52 AM
Modeler
Lexus Test Driver

Question for the Sewell representative:

Can you, please clarify whether I would be able to program it myself or whether I would need to have a dealer do it. If a dealer has to do it, any idea roughly how much I should expect to pay for the service? Thank you.
Old 12-05-09, 11:53 AM
AceVA
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Modeler
Question for the Sewell representative:

Can you, please clarify whether I would be able to program it myself or whether I would need to have a dealer do it. If a dealer has to do it, any idea roughly how much I should expect to pay for the service? Thank you.
I'm not a Sewell rep, but per my previous post - I bought a card and just went through this. It is not something you can program yourself. The dealer has to do it with their computer.

Mine did it for free, but they said it would usually be $75-100. If you have a good relationship with your Lexus dealer, they may just go ahead and do it for you.
Old 12-06-09, 06:42 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Originally Posted by AceVA
I'm not a Sewell rep, but per my previous post - I bought a card and just went through this. It is not something you can program yourself. The dealer has to do it with their computer.

Mine did it for free, but they said it would usually be $75-100. If you have a good relationship with your Lexus dealer, they may just go ahead and do it for you.
For everything we know now, you'll be required to seek the assistance of your local dealer to program. The card will program in the same method as your current key fob. We've been made aware some dealers charge while others do not - it helps if you have other work being done at the same time (hint).

Darrel
Old 12-06-09, 10:04 PM
MAV3556
Driver School Candidate

Hi,

Does that IS-F Smart Key come with the F logo on it? just like the Keyless entry fob.
Old 12-06-09, 10:16 PM
kyang91
Lexus Champion

Does this work with the 2007 GS350?

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus, sewellpartsonline.com - Lexus SMART Cards - All models