Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

FIGS Engineering now Vendor on CL

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-09, 12:02 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts
Default FIGS Engineering now Vendor on CL

Hi guys,
Most of you know me from the IS world and the designer of IS300 hood prop kits but I have also worked on several general applications for the other lex brothers such as:
LS430 trunk struts
LS400 hood struts

and for the last year or so I have been trying very hard to come up with CF hood applications for the SC and GS gen 2.

I also have CNC Battery Bars for Optima or other dry cell batteries that do not fit in your stock retainers. In clear, bare, blue and black anodized.

CNC foot plates so that your mats do not wear out.

Clutch Damper Delete fittings for 5-spd IS300's

and adjustable control arms for camber, sway and stability improvements in the rear end. This is currently being adapted to work on gen 2 GS vehicles.

In addition to original FIGS products, I also carry small niche products that I use myself and have found to be great. Or products that I have working with other companies to develop.

These include:
-Racing Brake BBK stock caliper kits for the IS300
-BC Racing Coilovers for the ISF
-KW coilovers

-GoPro Motorsports cameras.(used for documentation of various test setups)
-Quixx line of car care products from paint scratch repair to plastic scratch remover.

I am excited to join the Club Lexus community as a Vendor and look forward to developing the products you guys demand. Be in the lookout for threads where you participate in the product spec and I go out and make it.

I realize am not the biggest dealer on the forum but I do commit myself to offering top quality support and answering your technical questions personally. Even if you do not speak engineer

Thanks,
Mike Figaro
(Fig)
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 05-30-09, 12:24 AM
floincali
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fig offers very competitive pricing, if you don't buy from him you're missing out...Thanks again Mike!
Old 05-30-09, 01:01 AM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Can I get a price quote on those rear adjustable control arms for my 2GS also will my Sage rear RCA SS Kit work on it? What about warranty?

thanks,
Dara
Old 05-30-09, 06:34 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by DPromGS
Can I get a price quote on those rear adjustable control arms for my 2GS also will my Sage rear RCA SS Kit work on it? What about warranty?

thanks,
Dara
Once everything is verified these will be available for the 2 GS. Pricing starts at $350 for the whole assembly which includes a PTFE lined rod end for the inner mount. Your SAGE RCA is no longer needed with these rear arms and you will want to get rid of the extra weight anyway. These are about 1LB lighter than stock and believe me you want all the weight out of your suspension you can get. The less the weight, the less your shocks will have to work to damp (less inertia).

The latest (second generation)design actually looks like this which is what the G2 GS version will look like.

ECON version (S2 MEGA) Stock Eccentric adjustment on-vehicle and static inner adjustment. MIG welded. $350-$450

RACE Version (O2 MEGA) 0.5 LB Lighter than S2, on-vehicle inner adjustment coupling allows for quick changes to suspension for various track conditions. TIG welded. $600-700

Powdercoating is optional to provide cost flexibility but it is recommended that these are coated to prevent corrosion, especially for those of you on the coasts

Please feel free to ask any questions. I work on an interrupt basis
Fig
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 05-30-09, 08:01 AM
fleadog99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you in here....Can't wait for the CF Engine Cover for the F.
Old 05-30-09, 11:19 AM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

How thick are the CNC foot plates?

Welcome to CL
Old 05-30-09, 12:26 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

so can both of those models be adjusted when its already on the car?

Dara
Old 05-30-09, 01:50 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99
How thick are the CNC foot plates?

Welcome to CL
0.25" from the base to the top of the circular features

Originally Posted by DPromGS
so can both of those models be adjusted when its already on the car?

Dara
Both can be adjusted on the vehicle via the stock eccentric adjustment (the spindle mount) The O2 version can be adjusted on the inner mount and the outer mount when installed on a vehicle.

Fig
Old 05-30-09, 06:09 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

would it be possible to design the arm to give it an aditional drop? The coilover guys may want that... the spring guys may also want that too.

half inch higher OR 3/4 iinch would allow coilover guys to raise their coilovers a little bit for more shock travel. Basically, it would make the rear RCA form sage and exact obsolete. They will get the benefit of both world... Group buy for this would go really well.

WEIGHT REDUCTION ON 2GS IS GOOD.

Last edited by sam430; 05-30-09 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-30-09, 07:52 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

those arms look nice but how much is the battery hold down
Old 05-30-09, 09:15 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

about time FIGS! been supporting your products for awhile now on my.is! glad to see youre a vendor here!
Old 05-30-09, 09:48 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by sam430
would it be possible to design the arm to give it an aditional drop? The coilover guys may want that... the spring guys may also want that too.

half inch higher OR 3/4 iinch would allow coilover guys to raise their coilovers a little bit for more shock travel. Basically, it would make the rear RCA form sage and exact obsolete. They will get the benefit of both world... Group buy for this would go really well.

WEIGHT REDUCTION ON 2GS IS GOOD.
But adding any kind of drop or lift in this product is a bad thing from a geometry standpoint. By pushing the mount up or down you alter the parallelogram of the suspension, where the sways engage and the overall strength of the system. The proper way to deal with bottoming out is to use the correct spring rate and then apply proper damping to eliminate resonance. That is why I also sell BC racing coilovers or KW's to address these issues. KW offers remote fluid reservoirs to give linear damping throughout the travel range. BC allows a wide range of custom spring rates and the appropriate damping. The also allow ride height adjustments independent of overall travel so this can be achieved the correct way.

I guess in short, I tend to do things the safest and most correct way possible. By adding an addition drop I think I would be limited the appeal of the product.
Is there any reason why the spring guys do not choose the springs they want for the appropriate drop?
Is there any reason why the coilover guys do not adjust their ride height independantly? It seemed to me by reading the threads that the need to raise coilovers to adjust for the camber fix was a workaround.

Sorry if I am too direct I spent a long time on this setup and feel it works pretty darn exactly how it should. I am always open to changes based on feedback, so I would be curious to see what people are really looking for in a camber fix. But I also have a lot on the line in terms of liability so I hope you understand.

Thanks, Fig
Old 05-30-09, 09:51 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by tom steele
those arms look nice but how much is the battery hold down
Battery bars are $55 shipped and available in Black, Silver, or Blue anodize. They are also available in Bare aluminum finish for $50 shipped.

Fig
Old 05-30-09, 10:25 PM
92blacktt
Intermediate

if you start making improved Lower control arms for the sc400 you will have quite the market (both front and rear) they also work on MKIV supras. No one else makes them for the US market.
Old 05-30-09, 10:30 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Congrats Mike. We can't wait till the CF engine cover comes out. =D

Quick Reply: FIGS Engineering now Vendor on CL