Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

XenonDepot Spring Fever!! - Expires April 30/05

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-05, 06:12 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts
Default XenonDepot Spring Fever!! - Expires April 30/05

Hello,

As promised, here is our current spring promotion. To those of you that missed out on our previous group buy, you now have the opportunity to obtain the same discounte price:

No minimum number of people required! Orders are shipped as they are received!
You can order directly from the website. No promotional code required!

www.XenonDepot.com

Last edited by XenonDepot; 04-01-05 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-01-05, 07:07 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 315 Likes on 193 Posts

How do your HID conversion kits take into consideration of the fact that the headlights on my Maxima have both high and low beam filaments? I am guessing I would lose the high beams?

Do you know which kit of yours would replace the headlights in my Maxima? And does your kit take into aco**** that the light will have a proper cutoff considering that this is a retrofit into a non HID housing?

If picked up (or bought online) locally , how much would the $299.00 kit be in Canadian funds?
Old 04-01-05, 07:11 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hello,

Our HID conversion kits are low beam only. We used to carry high/low conversion kits however we found that the mechanisms currently available in the market are prone to failure. They work on a little sollenoid that pushes the bulb in/out or up/down thus changing the focal point. This causes the high/low transition. We found that the mechanisms would end up getting stuck and the customer would be driving with one headlight in high and one headlight in low.

Unfortunately we are not open to the public. You can either order online or pick up the product directly from our authorized dealer:

Store: Speedstar
Phone Number: (905) 415 3442

Canadian customers will be charged applicable taxes.

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-01-05, 07:15 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Hello,

Our HID conversion kits are low beam only. We used to carry high/low conversion kits however we found that the mechanisms currently available in the market are prone to failure. They work on a little sollenoid that pushes the bulb in/out or up/down thus changing the focal point. This causes the high/low transition. We found that the mechanisms would end up getting stuck and the customer would be driving with one headlight in high and one headlight in low.

Unfortunately we are not open to the public. You can either order online or pick up the product directly from our authorized dealer:

Store: Speedstar
Phone Number: (905) 415 3442

Canadian customers will be charged applicable taxes.

Regards,

Steve
Thanks Steve,

1. Which kit of yours would replace the headlights in my Maxima?
2. Does your kit take into account that the light will have a proper cutoff considering that this is a retrofit into a non HID housing?
Old 04-01-05, 07:25 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you have a kit for a 05 Yamaha R1?
Old 04-01-05, 07:25 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Oops.. Missed that

1) What type of bulb does your vehicle use for the low beams? Unless Im mistaken I believe that the brand new Maxima uses a 9008 which unfortunately we do not carry a conversion kit for.

2) Our HID kits use custom moulded bases to ensure proper fitment and beam patterns. Essentially, once installed our product will replicate your OEM beam pattern however provide you with significantly more light.

Steve
Old 04-01-05, 07:29 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

We definitely carry motorcycle HID conversion kits!

We just need to know what kind of bulb your motorcycle uses for the low beams.

Here are some pictures of our product installed on motorcycles:

Beam Pattern:

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-01-05, 10:48 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 lexus gs 430

what is the HID lights on that car? 4300? and does it have HID fogs on it, on the factory car?
Old 04-01-05, 12:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
Oops.. Missed that

1) What type of bulb does your vehicle use for the low beams? Unless Im mistaken I believe that the brand new Maxima uses a 9008 which unfortunately we do not carry a conversion kit for.

2) Our HID kits use custom moulded bases to ensure proper fitment and beam patterns. Essentially, once installed our product will replicate your OEM beam pattern however provide you with significantly more light.

Steve
The current model Maxima already has HID's

Mine is a 97 Maxima SE and it has 9004's

Last edited by Hameed; 04-01-05 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-01-05, 02:22 PM
L. L. S.
Former Sponsor

Steve, can you give me the proper ording numbers for my BMW we have been discussing? THanks
Old 04-01-05, 05:14 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

any discounts on blubs only?
Old 04-01-05, 05:32 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hey!
As per your posts:

1) Dsmart - Which car are you referring to? The motorcycles I have shown are using our 4300k kit.

2) Hameed - We carry 9004 conversion kits. Keep in mind though that with 9004 upgrades you will lose your high beam functionality.

3) L. L. S. - From what I remember you need the H1 conversion kit as the ellipsoid headlights require H1 bulbs. I would go with the 4300k kit based on what you were telling me.

4) Unfortunately there are no discounts on individual bulbs.

Regards,

Steve
Old 04-01-05, 05:52 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

I was refering to the lexus gs 430 02, that comes standared with HID. Does that car have HID foglights standard and once you have HID you can put any 6000K 8000K builb in it even if you only have 4000K in it now? what does the stock HID have in it?
Old 04-02-05, 06:14 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Hello,

To be completely honest with you Im not certain as to whether the GS430 has HID fog lights. I dont believe that it does however I am not 100% certain. You can definitely change your lighting to 6000k or 8000k bulbs simply by switching the bulbs to either a D2S/R bulb (depending on the headlight type).

Vehicle that come with HID from the factory will use either an Osram 4100k bulb or Philips 4300k bulb as these bulbs will produce the greatest amount of light output.

Steve
Old 04-02-05, 06:51 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Dsmart
I was refering to the lexus gs 430 02, that comes standared with HID. Does that car have HID foglights standard and once you have HID you can put any 6000K 8000K builb in it even if you only have 4000K in it now? what does the stock HID have in it?
No GS regardless of year comes with HID's in the fogs as standard equipment. You cannot get even get this as an option from Lexus. As a matter of fact I am pretty confident when I say that NO vehicle manufacturer in the world today offers HID's in the fogs as standard or optional equipment. Nada! Period!

Anyone who has HID's in their fogs (and I am one of those) has done this after the fact as a retrofit with a complete kit of course (ballasts, relays bulbs etc).

Quick Reply: XenonDepot Spring Fever!! - Expires April 30/05