CL Vendor Products for SC300/SC400 New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the 1SC model from CL Vendors

ANOTHER Pre-order GroupBuy: 50mm Rear overs, W/ GAS CAP! ~Optional antenna delete~

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-16, 10:38 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ANOTHER Pre-order GroupBuy: 50mm Rear overs, W/ GAS CAP! ~Optional antenna delete~

It's the time you've all been waiting for:

Our 50mm rear over fenders are officially in the preorder stage: Estimated shipping date is January 16th, 2017.
Those who participate in the preorder will get these for an amazing 400 shipped (within the cont. US)!

These fenders will come with a "pop-in" gas cap cover that will allow you to keep the function of the gas cap lever while also eliminating the gap often found with over fenders:

We are also offering the driver side with an optional "antenna delete", which means you will receive a smooth panel. Most SC owners i've met have a broken antenna anyway, so this allows you to have a smoother look.

These will be able to be mounted in a variety of ways for a truly custom install. You can rivet them on if you need quick access to your fuel cell/suspension for the trackheads, or can be installed from inside the car for a smooth factory look.
The overs will come with a built in tape line to help install and keep a flush fitment all around.

Some progress pics so far:

The last date to join the pre-order is January 10th at which point these will jump to 500+ shipping, so don't miss out!

Post below if you're interested and i'll pm you for paypal info!

Thank you as always for your continued support!
Old 12-27-16, 05:07 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 429 Likes on 314 Posts

You know I want a wide body kit... I need both rear quarter and front fender . But I really want to see first before I confirm that the front fender wouldn't be a problem in my application . That is the only thing holding me from telling you to count me in . Is our friend Blkexcoupe still gonna see you to try the deep dish wheels on the front fenders and the rear quarter panels ?

My other question would be , will there be places on the quarter panel and front fender to fasten the outer part of a wheel well splash shield ?
Old 12-27-16, 05:13 AM
leaderpvp
Rookie

Waiting for shipping estimations
Old 12-27-16, 07:58 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

The Splash guard won't be able to reach either front or rears without having to modify them.
Old 12-27-16, 08:38 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by APTech
The Splash guard won't be able to reach either front or rears without having to modify them.
I hear you . What I am saying is if we get to make one , definitely wider to cover the wheel well , is there a way to put screws or bolts underneath on the fender and quarter panel side just like there are tabs on the original ones ? Without a splash guard , all the water , salt from snow and whatever that will facilitate rusting underneath will all over be the place considering that there are wiring on the wheel well too.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-27-16 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-27-16, 09:04 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

On the rears yes, the fronts come "pre-rolled" so there's no ledge.
Old 12-27-16, 09:43 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
You know I want a wide body kit... I need both rear quarter and front fender . But I really want to see first before I confirm that the front fender wouldn't be a problem in my application . That is the only thing holding me from telling you to count me in . Is our friend Blkexcoupe still gonna see you to try the deep dish wheels on the front fenders and the rear quarter panels ?

My other question would be , will there be places on the quarter panel and front fender to fasten the outer part of a wheel well splash shield ?
My HRE wheels aren't wide enough to fit a 50mm widebody since they were designed to clear my stock fenders. I would need to use my work meisters for the rears, but they're currently misplaced. Also, I'm not sure if Irving's oem quarter panels are cut yet, so that would limit the clearance even if I had the rims.

If nothing goes wrong in the next 2 days, then I should be able to head out to Irving's shop on Thursday morning with my rims and some spacers.
Old 12-27-16, 09:47 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
My HRE wheels aren't wide enough to fit a 50mm widebody since they were designed to clear my stock fenders. I would need to use my work meisters for the rears, but they're currently misplaced. Also, I'm not sure if Irving's oem quarter panels are cut yet, so that would limit the clearance even if I had the rims.

If nothing goes wrong in the next 2 days, then I should be able to head out to Irving's shop on Thursday morning with my rims and some spacers.
Buddy , even wheels with spacers will work in testing just to see whether we will have problems on the 10 to 2 o'clock area of the fenders. Or even just jacking up the car and set the wheel / tire flushed to the widest pull of the fender / quarter panel so we can see where it sits from the 10 to 2 o'clock position.

Thanks for doing this . It will help a lot of people if they have same concern as we do.
Old 12-27-16, 09:58 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrb
Buddy , even wheels with spacers will work in testing just to see whether we will have problems on the 10 to 2 o'clock area of the fenders. Or even just jacking up the car and set the wheel / tire flushed to the widest pull of the fender / quarter panel so we can see where it sits from the 10 to 2 o'clock position.

Thanks for doing this . It will help a lot of people if they have same concern as we do.
Test fitting with my rim in the front with spacers won't be a problem. I'm planning on using my rear rims on the front of Irving's car with a 25mm spacer.

I was saying in the rear it won't be wide enough. The way my rim hub is designed limits the type of spacer I can use. Which means Irving would need to have extended studs or 25 to 50mm bolt on spacers for us to give it a proper test fit.
Old 12-27-16, 11:04 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

My rear panels are not cut yet since we are still working on the molds. I don't want to drive with exposed metal. Will cut once i have finished product out.
Old 12-27-16, 11:21 AM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Need finished product before placing order.
Old 12-27-16, 11:23 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Just an FYI,

The price up top is for those who pre-order. once we switch to production the price will go back to "normal" pricing.
Old 12-27-16, 12:01 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

My rear panels are not cut yet since we are still working on the molds. I don't want to drive with exposed metal. Will cut once i have finished product out.
You guys don't need to run the car. Just put a wheel / tire in there ... flushed to the widest pull of front and quarter panel and take tons of pictures in all angles (front , rear , center , top , and what not ) , then , turn wheels left and right most and pictures whether the tire touches any part of the fender. Of course any touching when wheels turned depends now on how wide those wheels / tires are. Then I will have a clear picture of what I am looking for and if it works for me or not.

I like what I see on the rear . I don't really for-see problems on the rear . The 10 to 2 o'clock area of the tire will be tucked in looking at the pictures. It is the front I am most concerned.

As soon as I see all those pictures , I can make a decision to order or not . I don't need a finished product to get my order in. Finished product should be same anyway with your pre-order product just more refined. Besides , I know it will save me tons of money on pre-order just like I did on the two APTech Kits .

I know how the car will look with your kit . As far as I know , not unless you will say no...your finished product will look like one pictured below except that the front will be wider (50mm instead of 25mm) . And I must say that wide body with your APTech body kit will make the SC really look good and still classy . Who would ever think it is a 25 year old car ? The wide body makes it even look a newer car than just having your APTech Body Kit.

Name:  red3_zpsfqqvckkd.jpg
Views: 1748
Size:  51.1 KB

So is the front fender pre-order price over ? I didn't sign in on the pre-order because of the current concerns on the front fenders.

Last edited by gerrb; 12-28-16 at 05:11 PM.
Old 12-28-16, 09:25 AM
APTech
Former Sponsor

Those who partake in the rear GB can still get the fronts at GB pricing if i ship them together.

Also: dont be this guy!
Old 12-28-16, 10:01 AM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Those who partake in the rear GB can still get the fronts at GB pricing if i ship them together.
Great, count me in AS LONG AS you take care of our concerns for the front fender. Just minor revisions for the fronts I guess ? . The tire should be totally inside the 10 to 2 o'clock area while it is flushed to the widest pull for us to avoid situations like you have below !

Also: dont be this guy!

Pictures above shows what happen if the tire from 10 to 2 o'clock is not inside the front fender or quarter panel . Exactly this is the reason why I want to make sure of it because it is a matter of time especially when you hit a bad spot on the road at a good speed.You will find your front fender or quarter panel in this situation. Maybe not ripped but deformed for the poly-urethane version.

Let's go for it . I know Irving will fix that front fender so the whole 10 to 2 o'clock tire area is in while the wheel / tire is flushed to the widest pull !

Irving , you are fixing it right ? I need the front fenders without that vent or opening on the side plus the rear quarter panels . My radio antenna will not be deleted !

Last edited by gerrb; 12-29-16 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: ANOTHER Pre-order GroupBuy: 50mm Rear overs, W/ GAS CAP! ~Optional antenna delete~