CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-18, 07:10 AM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
Thank you for that explanation.... yeah e92 m3 kits are priced same as ours, but I don’t think folks realize how rare the ISF’s are. And BTW, we sell more RCF kits than ISF kits, and it’s not like we sell a lot of those. Just to give everyone a sense of how rare these cars are, I think ford sells about as many Mustangs in 1 good month as the entire production run of ISF and RCF put together... which is one of the things that makes our cars so special!Rafi
Your welcome Rafi, some people don't realize how rare the ISF is. Just to put it into perspective if you take a look at the Ferrari 458 for instance they had production run from 2009 to 2015 and in 6 years production numbers range between 15000 and 20000. Ferrari made roughly 16 engines per day. The production of Motors dictates how many 458 they would build, based on that number you get the 20,000 458 built during that time. Another source from Ferrari dealer in Dubai indicated based on VIN numbers there are roughly 18,000 458 built in all its different variants spider special etc. And if you look at the Ferrari F430 total of 27000 of those were built during its time,once again across the different variants.

So based on those numbers there were less ISF made roughly 11500 produced worldwide then Ferrari 458 or F430's. By the way all the Ferrari figures come from Ferrari sites I just didn't guesstimate or made up numbers LOL.
Old 01-24-18, 08:10 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Sorry, I wasn't complaining about price. If RRRacing was local to me, i'd buy this kit. I'm just hesitant because of install prices and experience with it in my area.
Old 01-24-18, 02:33 PM
moleb
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'll be buying the tune and tuned intake soon for my ISF. I need them because i got headers installed recently.
Old 01-24-18, 03:18 PM
jdmSW20
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Techinally the price RR racing supercharger kit is for the ISF is what used supercharger kits go for on the E92 and that car was far more mass produced than the ISF. Brand new kits for that car are about 14k minimum, about 9-10k used if you catch someone parting out their car. So bigger picture wise, that 9K brand new doesn't really sound horrible considering
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (12-18-18)
Old 01-25-18, 12:01 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,362 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmSW20
Techinally the price RR racing supercharger kit is for the ISF is what used supercharger kits go for on the E92 and that car was far more mass produced than the ISF. Brand new kits for that car are about 14k minimum, about 9-10k used if you catch someone parting out their car. So bigger picture wise, that 9K brand new doesn't really sound horrible considering
Also consider this.... if you install one of those $14k e92 M3 kits into a 40,000mile+ M3, it will surely grenade sooner rather than later, as has been documented on the M3 forums over and over again

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 01-27-18, 06:04 PM
sc3dreamin
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
its doable, but would require shipping the ECU in for bench flashing, as currently it cannot be done via OBD. We were trying to make it happen via OBD.

Rafi
I'm local, is it possible for me to drive there and you guys pull the ECU to flash it rather than me sending it in? I'd rather do the ECU flash so it stays locked til 7200 rpm.

also what would be the cost for the ecu tune with the larger 87mm intake setup?
Old 01-28-18, 05:09 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by sc3dreamin
I'm local, is it possible for me to drive there and you guys pull the ECU to flash it rather than me sending it in? I'd rather do the ECU flash so it stays locked til 7200 rpm.

also what would be the cost for the ecu tune with the larger 87mm intake setup?
We are not doing the 7200 tranny tune because of other potential issues.

PM us for a price quote.

thanks,

Rafi

Old 01-31-18, 10:28 PM
Ramfis
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How can I read the ECU learning correction factor? What specific software I have to buy? It can ne read through my phone or laptop?
Old 02-07-18, 11:58 AM
Ramfis
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi, I'm on the process of tuning my car whit the RR racing tune. I've read a lot of this posts but my question goes one step before all the info here, and sorry for that, but my question, is:
1. How can I read my KCLV learning factor? what do I have to buy, and can it be done with the cell phone or only by l2.
2. One I tune the car, do the pulls and I manage "for example" to reach the learning factor of 22, if I continue driving regularly as a daily use car, doing lots of city driving, does this factor comes back down, So I'll have the pulls again to get it up again?? Or does it stays up there although I reset the car or unplug the battery??

Appreciate your help...
Old 02-07-18, 02:14 PM
liquidtek
Advanced

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramfis
Hi, I'm on the process of tuning my car whit the RR racing tune. I've read a lot of this posts but my question goes one step before all the info here, and sorry for that, but my question, is:
1. How can I read my KCLV learning factor? what do I have to buy, and can it be done with the cell phone or only by l2.
2. One I tune the car, do the pulls and I manage "for example" to reach the learning factor of 22, if I continue driving regularly as a daily use car, doing lots of city driving, does this factor comes back down, So I'll have the pulls again to get it up again?? Or does it stays up there although I reset the car or unplug the battery??

Appreciate your help...
The only way I'm aware of to read the KCLV is thru techstream. You need a windows machine, expensive cable unless you get a iffy cable on ebay and a subscription to TIS which isn't cheap.
The tune will keep the KCLV values unless you reset the ecu which will default them back to 15. Regular driving shouldn't affect it going down very quickly if you were already at 22 unless you're knocking or something and it's pulling timing.

Last edited by liquidtek; 02-07-18 at 02:55 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Ramfis (02-07-18)
Old 02-12-18, 05:15 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by ninten5
Hey Rafi,

Im about 2hr 30 min far from you, can I drive there on a Saturday and have you, tune the ECu and trans and drive back the same day. Im not competent with removing it myself.

MAYBE, even this long weekend coming up....hint hint

P.S. I just need an excuse to get some driving in without all this city traffic in my area...my avg speed is 18 mph.
Hi,

You are welcome to drive over, but you don't need to remove the ECU anymore, just buy our OBD tune.

Rafi

Old 02-12-18, 07:00 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

^ Is that true for the transmission tune?
Old 08-06-18, 09:07 PM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I finally went ahead and pulled the trigger and ordered the tune. I should receive it sometime this week. For those of you with the tune how do you feel about it? It’s been awhile since I’ve been here life got busy. I will keep you posted.
Old 08-08-18, 03:43 AM
Defratos
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidtek
The only way I'm aware of to read the KCLV is thru techstream. You need a windows machine, expensive cable unless you get a iffy cable on ebay and a subscription to TIS which isn't cheap.
The tune will keep the KCLV values unless you reset the ecu which will default them back to 15. Regular driving shouldn't affect it going down very quickly if you were already at 22 unless you're knocking or something and it's pulling timing.
Not necessarily true, I also thought Techstream was the only way to view this until I saw this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...-60-oh-my.html

I've bought the OBD unit and have managed to read my KCLV Over the phone or tablet. It's much cheaper than going the Techstream route.
Old 08-08-18, 07:31 PM
FFM
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 92 Posts

Yup, I check my KCLV pretty regular with the OBD Fusion app and a little Bluetooth unit. Especially on hotter days since I monitor trans, oil, and intake temps.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!