CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-16, 10:51 AM
Ltaboso
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A bit confused about the OBD reflash vs sending the ecu to rr-racing...
1. Is the OBD reflash 100% identical to the tune RR-Racing will upload when you send the ecu?
2. So the OBD reflash wont require sending the ecu to RR-Racing?
3. Can the OBD reflash raise the redline to 7200 rpm also?

I think the OBD reflash option is a good idea...F owners from other countries can easily purchase it
Old 02-16-16, 11:28 AM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Woohooo, rr racing just received my ecu lolz hopefully they ship out today too lolz
Old 02-16-16, 12:34 PM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Look at it another way, I'm all the way out across the Atlantic in the UK. Flashing the ECU myself would probably be a lot easier than shipping it over to Rafi and his team, but I want the peace of mind that it will be done right. Sounds like anyone doing it themselves may well end up sending their ECU in if they brick it anyway! It's not as if you should be chopping and changing your tune all the time either?! Unless you alter things significantly, or Rafi comes up with some changes from all the track testing data, the flash shouldn't need to change. Only reason I'm holding off on pulling the trigger on getting mine done is I want to add headers first. That way the S/C kit is the only other change in the pipeline that should need a reflash. I'm sure with the quick turnaround offered the peace of mind will win over most people. Keep up the great work Rafi.
There is no reason to wait. The headers will give u more power with the tune than oem headers. I ordered both tune and headers at same time
Old 02-16-16, 12:45 PM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I see that theres two options on the site for redlines....7200,7400. Which would you guys suggest? Im lookin to buy today.

tjanks!
Old 02-16-16, 12:48 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

7200 rpm
Old 02-16-16, 02:27 PM
XutvJet
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juanmedina
Have you seen what the new gt350 gained on E85 from a 93oct? The gains were significant, 23.5hp and 22tq

I would only need to change maps about once a year....

There are decent gains to be had with ethanol, but your wallet and your car better be able to handle it. For one, ethanol will result in a big drop in MPGs (~20%). Also, you'd better be certain the OEM fuel system (pump and injectors) can reliably meet the demands of the additional fueling requirements and/or handle high ethanol content fuel running through the lines. In the ISF, you'll have to run nothing but E85 because the technology and tuning isn't there to adjust E content on the fly.
Old 02-16-16, 04:39 PM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XutvJet
There are decent gains to be had with ethanol, but your wallet and your car better be able to handle it. For one, ethanol will result in a big drop in MPGs (~20%). Also, you'd better be certain the OEM fuel system (pump and injectors) can reliably meet the demands of the additional fueling requirements and/or handle high ethanol content fuel running through the lines. In the ISF, you'll have to run nothing but E85 because the technology and tuning isn't there to adjust E content on the fly.
I run E85 in my 600whp WRX for seven years with no flex fuel sesor BS; the E85 in my are is very consistent
Old 02-16-16, 05:20 PM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by ISF4life
7200 rpm
I set our rev limit to 7200, but I actually shift at 7000. That way, I don't hit the hard rev limit, which is good because you kind of get the sense that the rev liit is a bit harsh on the timing tensioner, etc.

Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-16-16, 05:55 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

cool, cant wait :P
Old 02-17-16, 06:58 PM
vrmRollLex
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really stoked about this. I have a few questions though. I mean I know you mentioned aftermarket headers with your tune, does that include Novel?

Also, I have a (rotrex) procharger (supercharger) that I have yet to install. If I wanted to get a custom tune for that how I would I go about that? Would I be able now that you guys offer that new obd2 plug-in?
Is it possible for a tuner to make me a map and "install" it on my ecu? If not how would I go about that?

If it's easier for me to call you over the phone, I can do that too.
Old 02-18-16, 06:04 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor
CL Vendor - Starter

Received 1,412 Likes on 647 Posts

Originally Posted by vrmRollLex
I'm really stoked about this. I have a few questions though. I mean I know you mentioned aftermarket headers with your tune, does that include Novel?

Also, I have a (rotrex) procharger (supercharger) that I have yet to install. If I wanted to get a custom tune for that how I would I go about that? Would I be able now that you guys offer that new obd2 plug-in?
Is it possible for a tuner to make me a map and "install" it on my ecu? If not how would I go about that?

If it's easier for me to call you over the phone, I can do that too.

That can all be done. PM me.

-Rafi
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 02-18-16, 06:44 AM
96300NAZ
Rookie

I run E85 in my 600whp WRX for seven years with no flex fuel sesor BS; the E85 in my are is very consistent
That's because that's the only fuel you're putting in. What's being said is that you can't have a mix. You can't take your isf on a road trip and find yourself without an e85 gas station. An e85 tune will detonate like hell if you mix a good portion of 93 with. A flex fuel sensor "bs", as you called it, allows the ecu via a scaling table to see how much ethanol is actually coming to the motor and Adjust timing maps, etc to compensate.

I myself came from the subaru world, built STi, and I can say I never used an accessport because it locked me into their pocket. Awesome hardware and great for people who do not have access to tuners and only plan on running "stages" of mods. And I do realize it also functions as a full tuning option as well, but it's costly. I was all about this tune option until I heard it wasn't just limited to RRRacing. Now that I know that, I'd rather have a software option than a hardware flashing option. I want to be able to fab my own turbo kit or any other FI option and be able to take my car to a tuner and do my dyno time, experiment and then go for more. Thats why I ran am open source tune on my subaru.

Can you come up with a profitable software tuning option rafi?
Old 02-18-16, 07:58 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 96300NAZ
That's because that's the only fuel you're putting in. What's being said is that you can't have a mix. You can't take your isf on a road trip and find yourself without an e85 gas station. An e85 tune will detonate like hell if you mix a good portion of 93 with. A flex fuel sensor "bs", as you called it, allows the ecu via a scaling table to see how much ethanol is actually coming to the motor and Adjust timing maps, etc to compensate.

I myself came from the subaru world, built STi, and I can say I never used an accessport because it locked me into their pocket. Awesome hardware and great for people who do not have access to tuners and only plan on running "stages" of mods. And I do realize it also functions as a full tuning option as well, but it's costly. I was all about this tune option until I heard it wasn't just limited to RRRacing. Now that I know that, I'd rather have a software option than a hardware flashing option. I want to be able to fab my own turbo kit or any other FI option and be able to take my car to a tuner and do my dyno time, experiment and then go for more. Thats why I ran am open source tune on my subaru.

Can you come up with a profitable software tuning option rafi?
As far as E85.... tune on E70 which is the lower content E85 that I have found here; then you will never have any issues.

What are you talking about? cobb has their Cobb Tuner Race Software which you can use to create your own custom maps for free. There is Pro Cobb Tuners everywhere if you want to get a custom map from a professional. Rom Raider is good but you still need a cable and a laptop, I also don't have a laptop on my car everyday. The accesport is really convenient. I had tactrix cable as well which I use for logging.

I agree with you I think eventually there will lots of options...
Old 02-18-16, 10:29 AM
96300NAZ
Rookie

As far as E85.... tune on E70 which is the lower content E85 that I have found here; then you will never have any issues.

What are you talking about? cobb has their Cobb Tuner Race Software which you can use to create your own custom maps for free. There is Pro Cobb Tuners everywhere if you want to get a custom map from a professional. Rom Raider is good but you still need a cable and a laptop, I also don't have a laptop on my car everyday. The accesport is really convenient. I had tactrix cable as well which I use for logging.

I agree with you I think eventually there will lots of options...
You still need the accessport married to your car. With open-source you can borrow someone's cable and it only costs the tuners time. I had an accessport and quickly sold it. Never paid for a cable. Always borrowed a friend's when I wanted to log or the tuner(s) had their own.
Old 02-18-16, 12:20 PM
XutvJet
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are willing to wager that with an ISF motor? How are you going to address any additional fueling needs? Also, there's a 2012 WRX sitting in my garage I'm no stranger to modified Subarus.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!