CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-16, 09:37 PM
nickj718
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 44 Posts

Guys this tune is no joke!!! I put on 200 miles tonight and it just has endless pull. The entire power band is is night and day in my opinion. Rafi and the RR-Racing crew pulled though because every time I floor it I'm amazed. The throttle it a tad more sensitive, brakes loose like crazy, builds speed so fast you'll get arrested in no time.

This is more than worth the money in my opinion and I wouldn't go back. I didn't get my rev limiter increased which I dont want anyways. IMPRESSED BIG TIME

I did the pulls in 4th gear and 5th just like Rafi said and every time it got faster and faster as it learned the curves.

GET THIS....JUST DO IT

By the way here is my current mods
X-Force Exhaust, gutted cats, RR-Racing intake

Amazing guys cant say enough good things about it
Old 02-05-16, 07:39 AM
thegrunt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These positive reviews are making me rethink my decision to wait a few months...
Old 02-05-16, 07:47 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by thegrunt
These positive reviews are making me rethink my decision to wait a few months...
lol same and I have my honeymoon comin up at the end of may and have to pay 9k out at the end of april towards it.

have to have self control...even if its not going on for the next few months haha
Old 02-05-16, 08:54 AM
Joker4096
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I agree, I wanted to wait to see if more features/changes would be available. I just don't want to have to send me ECU multiple times sue to my car being my daily. Though, now that I think about it, I can def borrow something to drive for the one day turn around. Hmmmm.
Old 02-05-16, 08:59 AM
juanmedina
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kings222
lol same and I have my honeymoon comin up at the end of may and have to pay 9k out at the end of april towards it.

have to have self control...even if its not going on for the next few months haha
same here.
Old 02-05-16, 09:27 AM
jspecvtec
Lead Lap

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by kings222
lol same and I have my honeymoon comin up at the end of may and have to pay 9k out at the end of april towards it. have to have self control...even if its not going on for the next few months haha
Just put the tune on your credit card...you won't notice it lol
Old 02-05-16, 10:24 AM
mikersoft
Lexus Test Driver

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

You know you're not going to be happy at the Pocono track day if my car is faster than yours

-Mike
Old 02-05-16, 10:31 AM
GriMan
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was waiting but this is soo damn tempting. Question is how long will introductory discount will last?
Old 02-05-16, 10:35 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Back to a rev limit increase question.

So we heard that Novel punched a hole in an ISF block by revving it to 8000rpms. Does anybody know the details of how it failed? Is it because of the bore/stroke ratio? Too much stress on the rods themselves? Or did the valves float and the pistons smashed into them? Is the 2UR-GSE even an interference motor? I'm assuming it is because of the high compression ratio?

If it was due to the stroke ratio and the rods broke from stress, the RCF would have failed similarly at 8000. If that was the case, I assume the ISF would be safe up to 7300 RPMs also since the RCF shares the same bore/stroke with the ISF. RCF has a 500 RPM higher rev limit. I know the ISF bottom end is pretty damn strong, forged connecting rods and the same bore/stroke ratio as the RCF so I'm sure it should be stout enough to handle the extra revs, difference is the RCF has additional tweaks in the head for better flow to take advantage of the extra revs. Safety wise, I think it shouldn't be a concern for either motor to see 7300 RPMs.

I know the S65 powered E9x M3 owners are blowing holes in their blocks at the stock rev limit once their bearings fail and the rods seize onto the crankshaft. They're dropping left and right with their short stroke 8000 RPM+ V8s, the only fix for them is to drop the bottom of their motors and replace all their rod bearings with upgraded treated ones. I wonder if it was a bearing that failed on the ISF motor @8000?

Last edited by RSXiMUS; 02-05-16 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-05-16, 10:43 AM
tas02
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

^^^^
...if they catch it before it goes boom.
Old 02-05-16, 10:57 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

I ordered mine with red line at 20,000 RPM. I'm hoping the increase will allow a quarter mile run in first gear.
Old 02-05-16, 11:05 AM
kings222
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jspecvtec
Just put the tune on your credit card...you won't notice it lol
between being a sub contractor and taxes due for my corp next month and the honeymoon...I wish but I cant risk being selfish...even tho I WANT TO SO DAMN BAD
Old 02-05-16, 11:08 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Compthis
I ordered mine with red line at 20,000 RPM. I'm hoping the increase will allow a quarter mile run in first gear.
I'm guessing you're one of those advocates that say never shift past peak power since power drops after that. Am I right?
Old 02-05-16, 11:33 AM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
I'm guessing you're one of those advocates that say never shift past peak power since power drops after that. Am I right?
No you're wrong, did I say something to offend you?

Last edited by Compthis; 02-05-16 at 11:37 AM.
Old 02-05-16, 11:44 AM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Compthis
No you're wrong, did I say something to offend you?
No it just seemed like a snide remark aimed at those who would appreciate a slightly higher rev limit. It's all good though, it's not everyones cup of tea.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!