CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-17, 08:57 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by JPxMODz
Its dependant on the shipping provider used and how the item is valued. Normally I would say yes, but with my recent purchase from RR Racing on ths USRS, I had no tax or brokerage charges on my end

Thanks man for the info...hopefully i can get avoid the import. I got ding for CAD 110 dollar last time while my fog light cost CAD 280. I really don't want to find out i will get ding for 300 dollar or something for import tax.

Last edited by minhael; 06-04-17 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-04-17, 12:34 PM
ap2s2k
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I can tell you that Fedex called me 2weeks ago after I bought rotors for my F, and said I will have to pay brokerage fees plus duties or they will not release my shipment to me, it was sitting on the border. She said that this is bc the seller shipped it with fedex ground service. I spoke to her for few min. explaining that this is a private sale etc, she wrote some notes and to my surprise I wasn't billed for anything extra. Apparently fedex ground service is focused on comercial shipments , she told me.
Anyway, whatever you do, do not ship with UPS, their fees are simply outrageous.
Old 06-04-17, 02:46 PM
minhael
Pole Position

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I had the same thing happened to me when i got my fog light from California. Got ding 2 weeks later but they actually delivery my products unlike your situation where they hold you hostage haha. It was Fedex too.
Old 06-11-17, 02:31 AM
toyer14
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smog

Anyone have any issues when it came to smogging there car with the rr tune? Considering decatting and getting tune.
Old 06-11-17, 08:55 PM
idoke1
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by toyer14
Anyone have any issues when it came to smogging there car with the rr tune? Considering decatting and getting tune.
I recently smogged my ISF with gutted cats and rr-racing tune in CA. It pass smog through the obd. I'm not sure how NV smog is like.
The following 3 users liked this post by idoke1:
allst4risf (07-26-17), Manh3 (01-02-18), Rossi (06-12-17)
Old 06-12-17, 04:24 AM
Rickna
Racer

Received 243 Likes on 166 Posts

Passed, no problem here in CT.
Old 06-13-17, 05:47 AM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Depends if they also do a visual test, but I think you'd be served nicely with hi-flow cats and the tune. No smell, no real power loss, you pass with no hassle.
Old 06-13-17, 10:22 AM
Leander311
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

New IS-F owner here... Found a "gently-salvaged" 2011 in Ultrasonic Blue Mica w/66k for under $24k. It needs a new front bumper, lower engine cover, and a couple minor suspension bits, but otherwise she's sound with a flawless dealership maintenance history. If I keep it for 150k miles like I did my IS350, the rebuilt title won't mean beans by then, so long-term the way I see it, it's a smart investment.

News of RR Racing's tune last year basically convinced me this would be my next car, and I've been looking for the right deal ever since. Before the end of this week, the body work will be done, and the Borla cat-back, RR Racing Tune/USRS/OA-Separator, HPS intake elbow, and aFe dry filter will be here. I'll likely gut the stock pre-cats and maybe add GESi/Vibrant high-flow cats down the road. If I can find an affordable installer/tuner, I'd also like to get dyno's for the good of the group.

So here's my question. I'm going to swap the F's original plugs. Is the ~400whp level I'll be at appropriate for one step colder plugs? I'm looking at the Denso IKH22's for $64 shipped via Amazon Prime, as discussed in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-the-isf.html.

The TX heat, aggressive street driving, and occasional track use lead me to believe it's a smart mod, but any advice you guys can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

-Nick

PS - FWIW, I'm also swapping in some Motul brake fluid, Stoptech braided brake lines to minimize water adsorption into the fluid for maximum life, Royal Purple gear oil for the LSD, and a Shorai LiFePo battery. My next mods within the year will likely be RR Racing's two-piece rotors, brake pads, and lighter forged wheels.
Old 06-13-17, 11:44 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,948 Likes on 1,371 Posts

^^^^I would stay with the standard heat range. It's hotter here than in Texas, I've lived in both places. Victoria in Texas and Tucson in Arizona. However, When I change plugs I will be installing Denso TT plugs. Quite a bit cheaper and according to Denso a better plug. See this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...008-isf-4.html

Read pages 4 and 5.

Lou
Old 06-13-17, 02:04 PM
Leander311
Intermediate

Thanks Lou... I'd actually read that thread just days before I started buying my power mods and already bought a set of the recommended TT plugs from AAP.

...but there's no discussion of heat ranges in that thread, and your mention of also simply living in a hot climate (love Victoria btw!) doesn't really lend any new information. Are you running similar power mods? Do you track your car? And if yes to both, can you comment on the condition of the plugs when you've changed them previously?
Old 06-14-17, 04:46 AM
PDP180180
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Hey,

What about adding the RR-Racing oil cooler?

I'm in the UK, so not struggling with heat like you will in Texas, but still think one of these (there's a secondhand one listed for sale at the moment, nothing to do with me, but thought I'd point it out just in case it's any use for you?) would be a good idea.

Best of luck with it all.

Cheers.

Pete
Old 06-19-17, 09:58 AM
Leander311
Intermediate

Originally Posted by PDP180180
Hey,

What about adding the RR-Racing oil cooler?

I'm in the UK, so not struggling with heat like you will in Texas, but still think one of these (there's a secondhand one listed for sale at the moment, nothing to do with me, but thought I'd point it out just in case it's any use for you?) would be a good idea.

Best of luck with it all.

Cheers.

Pete
Thanks Pete. I have faith in Lexus' factory HX's up to 400whp if RR Racing does... but plug heat ranges are a bit more sensitive. Simon @ RR Racing recommended one step colder plugs for my application, claiming better performance, I'm guessing because a colder plug won't be as prone to hot spots that will result in pulled timing by the ECU's response to knock, so ultimately that's what I'm going with.
Old 06-28-17, 01:21 PM
toyer14
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idoke1
I recently smogged my ISF with gutted cats and rr-racing tune in CA. It pass smog through the obd. I'm not sure how NV smog is like.
thanks Idoke1,whats you views of the tune,gonna gut my primarys and get the tune,what are your views of the tune?
Old 06-28-17, 08:09 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Leander311
New IS-F owner here... Found a "gently-salvaged" 2011 in Ultrasonic Blue Mica w/66k for under $24k. It needs a new front bumper, lower engine cover, and a couple minor suspension bits, but otherwise she's sound with a flawless dealership maintenance history. If I keep it for 150k miles like I did my IS350, the rebuilt title won't mean beans by then, so long-term the way I see it, it's a smart investment.

News of RR Racing's tune last year basically convinced me this would be my next car, and I've been looking for the right deal ever since. Before the end of this week, the body work will be done, and the Borla cat-back, RR Racing Tune/USRS/OA-Separator, HPS intake elbow, and aFe dry filter will be here. I'll likely gut the stock pre-cats and maybe add GESi/Vibrant high-flow cats down the road. If I can find an affordable installer/tuner, I'd also like to get dyno's for the good of the group.

So here's my question. I'm going to swap the F's original plugs. Is the ~400whp level I'll be at appropriate for one step colder plugs? I'm looking at the Denso IKH22's for $64 shipped via Amazon Prime, as discussed in this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...r-the-isf.html.

The TX heat, aggressive street driving, and occasional track use lead me to believe it's a smart mod, but any advice you guys can offer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advanced!

-Nick

PS - FWIW, I'm also swapping in some Motul brake fluid, Stoptech braided brake lines to minimize water adsorption into the fluid for maximum life, Royal Purple gear oil for the LSD, and a Shorai LiFePo battery. My next mods within the year will likely be RR Racing's two-piece rotors, brake pads, and lighter forged wheels.
Welcome and congrats on purchase
The following users liked this post:
Leander311 (06-28-17)
Old 07-12-17, 01:47 PM
Leander311
Intermediate

Originally Posted by USB_F
Welcome and congrats on purchase
Thanks again, and I just noticed you're in Austin... What part? I'm up near Parmer/MoPac and work near downtown. Would enjoy meeting up sometime and talking shop - PM me with your number if you're interested.

Quick Reply: New Product RR-Racing ISF ECU Tune.... FINALLY!!!