CL Vendor Products for 2IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 2IS models from CL Vendors

New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-16, 04:30 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I agree, doesnt matter what car you have, Lambo or honda civic takes nearly same amout of time and effort for ecu tuning so prices are going to be similar and dyno prices as well.
Old 03-13-16, 07:45 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guys to be fair this does not mean we won't reconsider pricing in the future. Currently we do not plan on making any changes but we can revisit the subject in the future

We have a good feeling overnight tuners will be coming out of the woodwork to make a quick buck in the future for this market as well as tuning companies with large marketing budgets that are trying to tap into this platform as well for a piece of the share.

We are a small company that is pioneering development and will have to remain profitable to survive. In the long term our customers keep coming back to us because of the quality of our work and customer service.

We do not look at our customers as customers, we look at them as part of the TTFS family.
Old 03-14-16, 10:02 PM
lexis35022
Rookie

So the ecu doesn't reset it self back to stock like other tunes prior?? And if I get it tuned now and then layer get headers would I have to send back the ecu?
Old 03-15-16, 07:39 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by lexis35022
So the ecu doesn't reset it self back to stock like other tunes prior?? And if I get it tuned now and then layer get headers would I have to send back the ecu?
No the ECU does not reset itself back to stock. No you would not have to send your ECU back we can send you your updated tune for the headers and you can load it via your handheld tool
Old 03-19-16, 11:59 AM
kennytbone
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for the noob question, but if I want to reset to stock for a trip to the dealer, how do I get a copy of the stock ECU settings? Does the OBD tool have an option to reset to factory settings or would I need to flash the factory settings like any other tune?
Old 03-19-16, 05:40 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by kennytbone
Sorry for the noob question, but if I want to reset to stock for a trip to the dealer, how do I get a copy of the stock ECU settings? Does the OBD tool have an option to reset to factory settings or would I need to flash the factory settings like any other tune?
We send you your stock tune along with your modified tune and you can load either tune using the handheld device.
Old 03-23-16, 08:45 PM
ms2619
Lead Lap

Joe Z full exhaust with some PPE headers on a IS350 with this tune should make some good numbers!
Old 03-24-16, 09:32 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ms2619
Joe Z full exhaust with some PPE headers on a IS350 with this tune should make some good numbers!

Which of the tunes are putting up better numbers? Stock that is
We do not want to get into which tune or tuner is better. This is a slippery slope we have been down before. Both are good in there own ways I am sure but I believe the best place to ask that question is in a non vendor thread

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 03-24-16 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-24-16, 02:59 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by TTFS
We do not want to get into which tune or tuner is better. This is a slippery slope we have been down before. Both are good in there own ways I am sure but I believe the best place to ask that question is in a non vendor thread
Agreed. I've moved the post in question to the tuning Q & A thread in the non-vendor section.

Jeff
Old 03-24-16, 05:05 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Agreed. I've moved the post in question to the tuning Q & A thread in the non-vendor section.

Jeff

Thank you
Old 03-28-16, 04:46 PM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Guys Frank Smith will be at Figs Engineering all day this Thursday to assist anyone with any questions or tuning. This is your chance if you are in the Colorado area to get your tune sorted out live in person by Frank. You do not need to be our customer, Frank is there to assist everyone. Contact us or Figs with any questions.
Old 03-29-16, 08:13 AM
TTFS
Former Sponsor

Again this Thursday Frank will be at Figs Engineering to assist anyone and everyone. He is not there to sell tunes. He is not charging for his service just there to assist. If you want dyno time however you will have to set that up through Figs.
Old 04-04-16, 10:29 AM
rlydeadly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great tune!
Old 04-13-16, 07:14 AM
RussZTT
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

$750 for 14hp difference on the 250? No thanks.
Old 04-13-16, 09:39 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RussZTT
$750 for 14hp difference on the 250? No thanks.
hey my brotha you're Judging too quickly. given the fact that the breakthrough of our ecu finally being able to be tuned is just the start. secondly if you pay attention to the guys who have done the tune so far are all Stock cars with no Mods on them. TTFS has yet to have a fully Modded 2isx50 drive in for tuning. which is why the more variety cars with different mods go into the shop to get tuned or have their ecu tuned with their mods in place will yield different results in HP gains. and also take into account that TTFS aren't even pushing the limits of the tune yet as they just started working on our platform and are tuning for safe Motor performance, as they stated a more aggresive tune can be performed at owners will. they solely specialized in German cars until now. So 750$ for 15+ HP is well worth it IMO. given that superchargers only giving you 50+ HP for 6,000$ plus installation on stock cars and 75+ with full header and exhaust systems.

Quick Reply: New Service Lexus IS Custom ECU Tuning!