CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Orange County/Inland Empire - Suspension Work for 2gs

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-17, 09:23 AM
BigGeigs
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange County/Inland Empire - Suspension Work for 2gs

So, like everyone else, my 2gs is shaking (again). After installing brand new wheels and tires (OEM 18" 3gs wheels), I am noticing it more. I recently had my rotors cut, and I had the front LBJs, motor mounts, Caster arm #2 bushings, and steering rack bushings replaced in 2014. I had the car aligned two weeks ago (before wheel/tire install) and had the guy check out the suspension parts. He said everything "looked okay for a 1998." I am looking for a shop recommendation of a shop familiar with the 2gs suspension. I live in North Orange County, but work in the Inland Empire (Ontario).

Thanks in advanced!
Old 10-26-17, 07:24 PM
21pirates
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BigGeigs
So, like everyone else, my 2gs is shaking (again). After installing brand new wheels and tires (OEM 18" 3gs wheels), I am noticing it more. I recently had my rotors cut, and I had the front LBJs, motor mounts, Caster arm #2 bushings, and steering rack bushings replaced in 2014. I had the car aligned two weeks ago (before wheel/tire install) and had the guy check out the suspension parts. He said everything "looked okay for a 1998." I am looking for a shop recommendation of a shop familiar with the 2gs suspension. I live in North Orange County, but work in the Inland Empire (Ontario).

Thanks in advanced!
at what speeds are you getting the shakes? Does it do it when your accelerating or decelerating? Are you still using the wheel spacers? Have you had the all tie rods checked?
Old 10-31-17, 12:42 PM
BigGeigs
Rookie

Originally Posted by 21pirates
at what speeds are you getting the shakes? Does it do it when your accelerating or decelerating? Are you still using the wheel spacers? Have you had the all tie rods checked?
Around 50mph+, definitely more noticeable when decelerating. Took all spacers off. Tie rods have not been replaced.
Old 11-07-17, 05:25 PM
Joekgs
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im having the same issue. I have an oscillating vibration after i put my 19's on and i even switched to 20's and same thing at freeway speeds i had no issues with the stock wheels being on but anything bigger gave me the shake. someone recommended balancing the drive shaft but i dont think it could be that
Old 11-19-17, 08:14 AM
BigGeigs
Rookie

I had my tie rods checked this weekend and they are still in good shape. Had my rotors and pads replaced and made the world of difference. Haven't gotten on the freeway yet, so stay tuned.