CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Photoshoot Anyone? (Free!)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-14, 03:59 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NickGeee
Anyone have an idea on location? Looks like we might have a large crowd. I'll do some scouting.

PCH, Dockweiler beach - they have paid parking and a huge 3 lot area grop for cars, we can take the last lot.

Can cruise down Imperial Highway freeway towards the beach or even down airport way. Roads are wide and long with less lights. For a big lot there's also the LMU parking lot? lol I'm trying to push for local LA areas instead of OC!
Old 01-15-14, 07:25 PM
ISFpat
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Paid lot? lol This is why you don't go to LA.

Starbucks
16470 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 9264 - 91810

Huge lot thats usually always empty. Lot is much much bigger than that and right across the street from the beach. Best of all, its FREE.

Old 01-15-14, 08:05 PM
whitebeast
Pole Position

Received 69 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by IntegresS
Early morning of the 26th is good for me as well. I'll be coming from the 626.
26th has super bow. FYI
Old 01-15-14, 09:11 PM
audis886
Driver

haha, hopefully i can get my lowering spring and body kit install before the 26th, just got my rims installed today.....
Old 01-15-14, 11:37 PM
shiny250
Advanced

Ooo I'd love to come out and take some shots! Keep us updated on the details I'll take any opportunity to learn from other photographers, share shooting locations, and most of all see everyone's ride.
Old 01-16-14, 12:06 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whitebeast
26th has super bow. FYI
I thought the Superbowl was on Feb 2nd?
Old 01-16-14, 12:21 AM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Yup, it's the 2nd. It's never the week following the Conference Championship games.
Old 01-16-14, 05:29 AM
NickGeee
Rookie

Is 9AM too early for you guys? D:
Old 01-16-14, 08:02 AM
RVCAis250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NickGeee
Is 9AM too early for you guys? D:
9 a.m. works perfect, I'm in.
Old 01-16-14, 02:27 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ISFpat
Paid lot? lol This is why you don't go to LA.

Starbucks
16470 Pacific Coast Hwy
Huntington Beach, CA 9264 - 91810

Huge lot thats usually always empty. Lot is much much bigger than that and right across the street from the beach. Best of all, its FREE.

What's wrong with a paid lot, backdrop would be a beach and a potential sunset, screenshot below. 10 bucks to get the scene PLUS it's not loitering (bunch of cars and people walking around in a starbucks lot...reminds me of the Krispy Kreme meeting that got out of hand.

I believe the OP is located closer to LAX, why would he have to drive out to shoot for free? Bring some tables, food and some drinks and you have an actual photo shoot with food and a meet and greet.

=) Don't knock the idea until you actually try it. lol pic of a bunch back in parking cars against a while wall in a parking lot < sunset backdrop, wider space, the beach.
Attached Thumbnails Photoshoot Anyone? (Free!)-beach.png  
Old 01-16-14, 04:02 PM
kentaro
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

^ @g2bme

Your idea seems like a great one. But I didn't get all that from your FIRST proposal. If you had posted the picture along with the idea, maybe ISFpat would not have been so.. abrupt about parking fee (correct me if I'm wrong)

Lot of the members were pushing for OC area since most of us who replied are from this region (along with few from SD).
I understand you may be from LA area and that location may be more convenient for you, but many members who replied are from south OC so it made sense for him to come down. he did offer us shoot, none of us asked for it.
According to his replies, it seems he travels often for shoots and did not seem like an issue.

But including myself and few that I know who replied, would gladly travel to HIS choice of location for shoot if we were available.

Its great members are throwing ideas, but hope we can be more mature about it.
Old 01-16-14, 04:24 PM
NickGeee
Rookie

I do not mind travelling a reasonable distance. It's more for the passion of taking photos for me. For that beach location, are we doing more of group shots than solos? I kinda wanted the chance to take solo photos of cars, and if time allowed, then I would try a group photo.

To all the other photographers that will be taking photos, do you guys prefer solo shots or group shots?

I don't mind turning into a small bbq/meet thing on that day, if we were to shoot near/at a beach.

Seems like a lot of people are attending or want to attend, so let's get a list of who is in. I would prefer a location that's somewhat in the middle, so the LA people and SD people won't have to travel too far.

Sunday, January 26th, 9AM, Location: TBD
1. NickGeee
Old 01-16-14, 04:48 PM
Shmain
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am down to join in as well. I would be coming from the 818 in LA and I can drive out there but I wouldnt really want to drive more than an hour and a half to get there. I like the beach idea for the backdrop coast and (no offense but its closer to me) however the other place looks decent as well. I am cool for whatever works with you guys.
Old 01-16-14, 04:55 PM
g2bme
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kentaro
^ @g2bme

Your idea seems like a great one. But I didn't get all that from your FIRST proposal. If you had posted the picture along with the idea, maybe ISFpat would not have been so.. abrupt about parking fee (correct me if I'm wrong)

Lot of the members were pushing for OC area since most of us who replied are from this region (along with few from SD).
I understand you may be from LA area and that location may be more convenient for you, but many members who replied are from south OC so it made sense for him to come down. he did offer us shoot, none of us asked for it.
According to his replies, it seems he travels often for shoots and did not seem like an issue.

But including myself and few that I know who replied, would gladly travel to HIS choice of location for shoot if we were available.

Its great members are throwing ideas, but hope we can be more mature about it.
Of course, hence the reason I threw my idea out there. I don't mind the drive, I'm even moving out to SD by the 24th so if the photo shoot happens after that I'd be driving from SD to LA!

Just don't get why people knock out "paid parking", $10 bucks for an open lot versus how much we pay for our cars and what we put onto it? To go with what the OP mentioned, the open "paid" lot gives the opportunity for individual shots along with moving shots, versus a starbucks parking lot.

But again, either or, SD, OC, LA whichever, I'm for it. If we're going to be spending at least an hour or so at a location, we might as well have a bbq and some refreshments right?
Old 01-16-14, 05:05 PM
audis886
Driver

I'll join

Quick Reply: Photoshoot Anyone? (Free!)