CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

REVIEW: Wright Wheels - Local wheel repair/refinishing shop

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-11, 05:29 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default REVIEW: Wright Wheels - Local wheel repair/refinishing shop

First of all, I am in no way affiliated with this company nor did I receive any discount from them for posting this. I just wanted to share the great experience I had with them to the rest of the Club Lexus community, and also spread the word about them to those who are looking to have any custom wheel work done. They are a small shop located in Santa Fe Springs, CA called Wright Wheels.

The job:
I had a full set of 19" SSR SP1 wheels that I needed to be redone. The lips were all in bad shape so I wanted to get the front lips changed to more aggressive ones and throw them in the back. They showed me some other wheels that had welded barrels and how they were able to cut them and weld on new lips with ease. They didn't have the lips I needed in stock because the ones I needed are old school, but they were able to get them made for me. But, they ran through a bunch of calculations on how the wheel specs would turn out, I would need to get all 4 lips changed for it to look right. All this legwork was done before I had even given them a cent.

These guys take the time to make you feel comfortable and make sure you have all the information you need to make a decision. They don't simply give you a quote and pressure you to drop them off then and there. (This was the reason why I didn't get my wheels redone at M&M wheels in the OC).

After some deliberation and with their help, I decided to just refresh the wheels and not get them re-lipped. I chose to get my wheel faces powder coated to matte gunmetal (this was a custom color that I chose from Work that wasn't on their catalog). I kept changing my mind on this and texted Ralph the color days after I dropped of the wheel, which he accommodated no problem I got all the curb rash fixed (it was pretty bad, one wheel was flat for a good fourth of the wheel), at least 5 or 6 bends fixed on the front two wheels, and polished inner and outer lips. They also were able to get custom decals made out for me to replace the ones that would have to be destroyed in the process of refinishing for $5 a piece.

Results:
He hooked me up very well. Every step of the way I had an update either through text or email. Ralph would snap pics and send them to me right away and keep me updated throughout the process.

Every minor detail was accounted for and the quality of the work was excellent. He even gave me replacement valve stems and caps free of charge and mounted them for me because mine had gone bad. He went out of his way to weld a small dent I had that I didn't even care to be fixed. Upon pick-up, he went over the wheels with me showing me the most minute blemishes that I never would have noticed, and made sure I was happy before I accepted the wheels. He even polished the outside of the barrels which I didn't even request! He also replaced some bad nuts that were on the wheel for no extra charge. Ralph stayed after hours to get the wheels mounted for me. He even wiped down the wheels for me after all the grease got on it from tire installation.

Here are pictures of the wheels:

Installation:
They are also located right next door to Island Motorsports who installed tires the day of and mounted the wheels for me at a discounted price. They also offer hub-centric rings if needed but just make sure you request them beforehand so they can get you the right size.

Time:
The turn around time was less than two weeks and they accommodated my schedule in terms of picking it up.

Payment: they allowed me to pay through Paypal which was easier for me and gave me receipts and what not, I just had to put down half as a deposit and half upon pick up. Throughout the process, there was no deviation in price and try to charge me extra for any surprise damages. If they found something off or whatever they would be sure to contact you and make sure you are comfortable with paying more if the need arises. (This happened to me in terms of picking up decals).

Services:
They have powder coating, paint, polishing, etc. They have custom finishes with multiple steps such as brushed, clear coating, and more. I don't know it all off the top of my head so that's something you can check with them. They can get any type of lip and barrels from their suppliers and at a decent cost to you. Their labor charges are very reasonable. Overall, for the price I paid, I don't think anyone else in the area could compete with it. I base this off the fact that I went to other wheel shops in the area to receive quotes.
They can fit smaller faces barrels meant for larger wheels (ie. 15" face on a 17" barrel). For powder coating, they offer so many colors. It seriously took me the longest time to decide what color I wanted and I kept changing my mind which was no problem for them to change. They offer a lot of various services so contact them directly for what you want.

The first guy I dealt with was Mike, who is actually a member here on CL, but after that I mainly dealt with Ralph Wright who runs things at the shop.

Ralph's email is: relickone@gmail.com

http://wright-wheels.com/
Check out their website and Facebook for many of the other wheels they have touched and made gold.

Address:
15421 Carmenita Road Unit K. Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670

Hours: 10am – 5pm (they can meet you later or earlier if you schedule an appointment with them)

**Make sure you give them a call beforehand because they may not be at the shop.
Having them see the wheels in person would have you get the most accurate quote and best pricing. They will usually overestimate if you ask them for a quote.

Conclusion:
I wouldn't write something this long for any other business. This goes to show I am one happy camper and want more people to experience the great service and treatment that I received as a customer. These guys go above and beyond and offer you great prices and great looking wheels.

Quick notes:
- Amazing wheel shop in Southern CA
- Fixed my wheels for a great price and did excellent work
Old 07-26-11, 06:30 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! Thanks hil I will try to take my volks to him.
Old 07-26-11, 06:37 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Thanks!
The wheels look siiiick!
Old 07-26-11, 07:25 PM
DEMIK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ralfyy's the man..does my wheels also. Would recommend him anyday....
Old 07-26-11, 10:23 PM
koric
Driver

Would you happen to know a ballpark figure to fix a minor bend on a 18" wheel?
Old 07-26-11, 11:05 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by koric
Would you happen to know a ballpark figure to fix a minor bend on a 18" wheel?
Bends are $20-30 each, but discounted if you have multiple bends like I did.
Old 07-26-11, 11:19 PM
Bender25
Pole Position

Wheels came out great
Old 07-27-11, 12:22 AM
koric
Driver

Originally Posted by Hil
Bends are $20-30 each, but discounted if you have multiple bends like I did.
Awesome. Im gonna give them a call. Thanks!
Old 07-27-11, 04:16 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Wright Wheels FTW!!!
Heres the dukes they did for me. Relipped and fully polished. I got them relipped yet again after this to go even wider btw

Old 07-27-11, 11:27 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ nice wheels
Old 07-31-11, 10:41 PM
bADBOySC4
Pole Position

RALPH IS THE WHEEL GOD! been to almost every wheel shop so far. if some of you guys read through my amistad wheel thread, u will see i was dicked over by a few. RALPH is the man! WRIGHT-WHEELS all the way!
Old 11-21-11, 12:10 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

i still go exclusively through ralph. email him for info relickone@gmail.com
Old 11-21-11, 12:41 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

isnt wright wheels dead now? called wheelfliip or something?
Old 11-21-11, 03:20 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

^ wheelflip is at the above address now. ironically, it was because of this thread that led me to that address, though by then it was already wheelflip...

while i can't go on record and comment on what happened w/ ralph wright or wright wheels, i can say that the staff at wheelflip did a commendable job with my wheels.
Old 12-08-11, 05:00 PM
VIPtint
Pole Position

ive never dealt with wheelflip, but i continue to go directly through ralph

Quick Reply: REVIEW: Wright Wheels - Local wheel repair/refinishing shop