CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Shop Review: Lextech in LA

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-11, 01:24 PM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Shop Review: Lextech in LA

First off, I would like to thank Paul from Lextech for blessing my car with the service and care they presented when i got there. This was my first time at this shop and didn't know what to expect other then good care because my buddy pretty much grew up with Paul and told me that he would take care of me. So knowing that already i knew i wasn't going to get screwed over like other shops.. Once i arrived at the shop first thing i notice was the death trap drive way that seems to be the only way in, so i parked out side of the place to see Paul, once we introduce each other he was surprise to not see my car on the lot, but he already knew my car was low so he said give me a sec to open the back gate. I said back gate?! within sec, Paul open this gate that leads to the alley way where it was low friendly! Once i got in Paul had no time to waste, got my car on the lift and began going over parts that needed to be check, Motor mounts, ball joints, bushing, leaks, etc. After examine all the parts he began to focus on my brakes and rotors, ( i needed my brakes to be replaced.) Saw what needed to be replaced and called in for my pads, His shop had the tools to resurface my rotors witch was very nice, that meant no time to wait for someone to come in and come back to the shop. After the parts came in everything was put back together and cleaned up. Not only did Paul and his boy take care of me, but they also took care of my car. He flushed out my brake fluid and got some inside the bay but sec later got clean up. To top it off they even washed my engine bay for me!! What shop would do that for you!? Made sure all fluid where up to the max line and check my air in my tires. Over all my experience at Lextech was amazing, very easy to talk to, was able to understand what get worn down and needs to be replace, service and comfort for there customer was great.

Just a run down on Paul history, Paul has been a Master Tech at Lexus and Toyota for well over 20+ years. He's no newb at working on cars. They Specialize on Lexus and Toyotas, but are willing to do other cars also. Very smart and nice to deal with.

For more info:
Lextech
4300 West Sunset Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90029
323 669 1200
http://thelextech.com/
Old 07-28-11, 07:36 PM
alan003
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just had my brake fluid flush today. good price
Old 07-28-11, 09:00 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll give them a call when i need my 60k service. I can't believe how much dealerships want
Old 07-28-11, 10:28 PM
alan003
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I'll give them a call when i need my 60k service. I can't believe how much dealerships want
how much are they charging?
Old 07-29-11, 01:20 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by alan003
how much are they charging?
I dunno, i wasn't planning on calling till i need it (like another 3 months lol) but i guess i'll call em Friday afternoon...see just how much it is
Old 07-29-11, 12:09 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Hey thanks for the info! I checked his Yelp reviews and he has ALL 5 star reviews. I saw yours on Yelp too (Julian right?). I decided to give him a call, we talked for about 10 mins. This guy knows A LOT about Lexus cars. He was going through all the small quirks he knows the IS250 has (all of which i've had sadly lol).

I got a price quote for about $550 off the cheapest dealer price I was quoted. That includes things the dealer doesn't include (Throttle body cleaning, and tire balancing) as well. I won't post up how much he quoted me just cuz i added other things i needed to get done as well. But if your interested in talking to someone that knows his way around a Lexus and wont leave your wallet empty, try hitting up Paul!

Also, I found out that not only was he a Master Tech and Lexus, anyone who works on your car there is Toyota/Lexus certified.
Old 07-29-11, 07:58 PM
alan003
Lead Lap

for those who are lowered, park on the street. speak to Paul and tell him that your car is lowered. he will open the back gate for you to get in.
Old 07-29-11, 08:05 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

^ Damn that's service
Old 07-31-11, 11:03 AM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

HAHAHA! Im glad you guys are getting taken care of. Im telling you guys, Paul is the man!
Old 09-07-11, 12:50 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Hate to thread-jack but who has dealt with both Lextech and Lexology? Who would you say is better and maybe cheaper? It's my understanding that both Paul and Mike (from Lexology) are part of the same "program' and that they occasionally rotate their employees. Can anyone confirm this? TIA
Old 09-07-11, 11:07 PM
codenko
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn...I just went to the stealership too and they got my wallet bad....
I'll keep this place in mind next time, right next to work too
Old 09-07-11, 11:36 PM
rayy117
Lead Lap

hmm... ill give them a call about my timing belt service
Old 03-28-12, 10:55 AM
curepunx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to share a quick review about this place.

I was overdue for the dreaded timing belt/water pump service and I'm glad I went!
My timing belt was very close to breaking alongside the radiator (possibly original one) which was cracked along several areas. Paul was very courteous and helpful about getting the work done quickly on my 90 LS. (The work was completed the same day as promised) Their rates are very competitive and also went ahead to take a second look about the car on any other future items that might need replacement. I was able to get a price break on future work, so I'll definitely go back once I have more money.lol...Oh and they even washed my car! As noted earlier in the thread, if you're lowered/slammed you must enter thru alleyway into the shop. That street-side driveway is killer!

I would definitely give this place 5-stars on Yelp!

Cheers!
Old 04-02-12, 07:39 AM
sleepywgn
Lead Lap

YES! Paul save another CL owner! Glad they can help!