CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Looking for a dealer alternative? Check out LTS Mastertech

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-10, 02:48 PM
redlex15
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a dealer alternative? Check out LTS Mastertech

Just got my car back from LTS Mastertech and I'm extremely pleased with the results.

Background: On the way home I went over a bump in the road that gave my car a good jolt. Gauge lights, radio, pretty much everything electrical shut off for a second and turned back on. When I got home I turned the car off then on again, and all my electrical components were not working. I checked all the fuses, and they were good. I had no idea what was wrong. All I was thinking was that this was going to be really expensive. I hope I didn't fry the ecu or something like that.

After searching through a few CL threads, I came across recommendations for LTS Mastertech. I contacted them, and after speaking to Armando, I knew that i would definitely take my car to LTS. He took the time to explain their qualifications and experience, and answered any questions that I had.

When I got there Mike and Armando welcomed me to the shop and asked me a couple questions to help diagnose the car. I then relaxed in their waiting room which had drinks, magazines, flat screen tv, and comfortable chairs.

Mike, an excellent mechanic, saw that the connections to the alt fuse in my fuse block was not making good contact and even started to arc. Because the threads had stripped a new fuse block had to be ordered. Unfortunately a new fuse block for a 2002 IS300 is not something that is readily available. It would take a week before the part would come in so I had to leave my car there. They offered me a ride home, but my brother was in the area so he picked me up. During this time Armando updated me on a daily basis and made sure that my car was safe during the nights.

When the part finally came in, it was installed which solved the problem. While my car was there, I also had an oil change, transmission fluid change, and replaced my air filter.

The car runs great, everything works now, and I found a great place to take my car. Best of all, the prices are amazing. Thanks to Armando, Mike, and the crew over there.

LTS Mastertech
1551 E Walnut St
Pasadena, CA 91106

(626) 765-6190
www.ltsmastertech.com

Last edited by redlex15; 11-23-10 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-23-10, 04:25 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ You have the red 1st gen IS right? I saw your car at the shop.

Great Place. Highly recommend to anyone. My buddy Armondo will take care of you.
Old 11-23-10, 07:14 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yupe LTS is goood. Mike even diagnoses my car on the spot for like 30 minutes without appointment, not a single charge whatsoever.
Old 12-07-10, 07:19 PM
CLGForce
Driver School Candidate

Another "YES" vote for LTS Mastertech!

I had the dread vibration from the deadly lower ball joints from hell on my GS400 and South Bay Lexus wanted $700+ to replace them. Saw this post and decided to give this "dealer alternative" a try. Let me just say that they've got a customer for life. Not only did they do the job for nearly 1/2 off but they also saw that I was really concerned about the safety of the front end components and decided to also inspect all the other bushings and balanced the front tires just to be sure the shakes would be gone and they are! Drives like a new car...sweet! Armando, Mike and the staff are all friendly, professional and treated me with the utmost respect. They even have shuttle service! Really guys, I don't usually do reviews on shops but I had to express my satisfaction with a great shop that actually cared about me and my car. Thanks again LTS!
Old 12-08-10, 01:46 AM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it weren't for "JamesN" and "Masboy" posting in this thread, I would've thought that this was a "Phony" positive review for an untested shop LOL!
Old 12-08-10, 08:17 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Another vouch for LTS. Armando and Mike are friendly and professional. Got my clutch and flywheel installed there and they had the best price that I could find.
Old 04-22-11, 06:25 PM
ligflava
Driver

Bit of a necro-post, but just wanted to give another to Mike at LTS. Brought my car there after reading these reviews and I can't agree more with how courteous and competent they are. Had my 95K service there for my GS430 and also had Mike take a look at an issue with my car. Brought my own Mobil 1 and saved a ton over what I usually pay at Longo.
Old 04-23-11, 09:13 AM
tiger4life
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

i had my timing belt, motor mounts, and valve cover gaskets done there. They did a good job. Only thing I was bummed about was that they found the vvti gear to be leaking after they buttoned it all up. So it cost me another day and $400 more to replace that. Wasn't there fault though.

Note: Anyone getting the timing belt done, have them check your vvti gear for leaks before they tear it down.
Old 05-05-11, 09:54 PM
hsk73
Lead Lap

Any shop recommendation near Fullerton area!?
Old 10-21-11, 09:59 AM
Dr. Yellow
Lead Lap

LTS Mastertech FTW Gonna have my whole car rejuvenated there. Mike is super nice and knows his stuff
Old 10-21-11, 11:38 AM
ShadowISF
Lexus Champion

Here's another thread about Mike and LTS Mastertech.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...astertech.html

Old 10-22-11, 09:08 AM
freeflight
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to know. Thanks.