CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Another Cop story.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-10, 03:40 AM
SickES350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nohawk Lex
It always upsets me when I hear people talk about cops handing more tickets nowadays to add revenue for the state. IT IS NOT OUR FAULT THE STATE RAN OUT OF MONEY!!! Why the hell are they milking us for it? Now, the state is also adding speed sensors to all the traffic lights equipped with red light cameras. So soon enough, it's either you get a ticket for speeding or both speeding and beating the red light. Maybe instead of gouging us, they can put our budget to better use....Sorry for the rant.
not ranting. it holds some truth. everyone is getting really tired of our messed up govt. hence the walk-outs and protest throughout campus of many universities.
Old 03-06-10, 07:06 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SickES350
not ranting. it holds some truth. everyone is getting really tired of our messed up govt. hence the walk-outs and protest throughout campus of many universities.
That was school...Thursday lol
Old 03-06-10, 12:43 PM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's just how it is when you're living in California.

I got a DUI sleeping in my car which it was front of my friends house when they were throwing a huge party. Cop came raided the party and also Came up to my car and saw me sleeping with the keys in the ignition. And they got me intent to drive while drinking. I was 20, 2 months away turning 21... Cops will get you for anything cause the state is BROKE!

that's how it is, so put you're put license plate up, make sure your signal is amber or red, & obey all rules cause they will get you for anything.
Old 03-08-10, 08:13 PM
Evonam
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TomLee
Haha yeah, my friends go to UCR, I don't, and thy have never had this happen.

Phil, I wasn't by my car, nor did they know it was my car. They were just window searching my car for that long. I mean even if i had packs of white powder laying around, a bunch of oregano, and guns, what could they do? Break into my car?

Anyways they let my freind go this morning. He said he was taken into custody because he was drunk in public....when they arrested him in his drive way. He was only on the drive way because the cops told him to come here. Sneaky bastards.
Yes.... WE can....
Old 03-08-10, 09:58 PM
FiSta
Lead Lap

riverside...never going to stop by that place anymore. Even UCR parking patrol are *****.

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
oh man that picture cracked me up since i have furlough days

Originally Posted by duby1
That's just how it is when you're living in California.

I got a DUI sleeping in my car which it was front of my friends house when they were throwing a huge party. Cop came raided the party and also Came up to my car and saw me sleeping with the keys in the ignition. And they got me intent to drive while drinking. I was 20, 2 months away turning 21... Cops will get you for anything cause the state is BROKE!

that's how it is, so put you're put license plate up, make sure your signal is amber or red, & obey all rules cause they will get you for anything.
And man, you have to be careful with that. You shouldn't have your keys at all in that situation. I know someone who drove drunk because his friend left him in his car to sleep, but didn't take his keys away. He don't remember driving or even starting the car. But yeah, you can guess the outcome. Luckily he didn't injured anyone else.
Old 03-08-10, 11:40 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Cops.

1) Never talk to the police. Look for videos on YouTube on this subject for details. You have constitutional rights. The police are not there to help you. They are investigating. You don't have to talk to them, so don't.

2) Do not let the police into your house. "I do not consent to any searches." "I do not consent to this conversation." These phrases are your friends. Also, "unless you are detaining me, I would like to be on my way" and "are you detaining me or am I free to go?" are your friends.

3) Never consent to any vehicle searches. They'll have to get a warrant and they're unlikely to succeed without evidence. If you don't talk and you refuse a search, they're not likely to have evidence unless you left a crack pipe on the passenger seat in plain view (you shouldn't do that).
Old 03-09-10, 12:43 AM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by link13
Cops.

1) Never talk to the police. Look for videos on YouTube on this subject for details. You have constitutional rights. The police are not there to help you. They are investigating. You don't have to talk to them, so don't.

2) Do not let the police into your house. "I do not consent to any searches." "I do not consent to this conversation." These phrases are your friends. Also, "unless you are detaining me, I would like to be on my way" and "are you detaining me or am I free to go?" are your friends.

3) Never consent to any vehicle searches. They'll have to get a warrant and they're unlikely to succeed without evidence. If you don't talk and you refuse a search, they're not likely to have evidence unless you left a crack pipe on the passenger seat in plain view (you shouldn't do that).

Despite the truth to all this, you gotta admit its not the easiest thing to do. Cops are also trained to get you to talk
Old 03-09-10, 02:32 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cops.

#3. question. isnt it a better idea if you have nothing to hide and just let them search it? Cops probally have nothing else to do but check out all your interior
Old 03-09-10, 10:32 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LOLthxKbye
#3. question. isnt it a better idea if you have nothing to hide and just let them search it? Cops probally have nothing else to do but check out all your interior
That depends on how you feel about your rights. For me, I would refuse it. They have no cause and they're just fishing most of the time. I don't want them pawing through my stuff. That said, as a 39 year old white guy, I don't find myself in the situation often.
Old 03-09-10, 12:37 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

That depends on how you feel about your rights. For me, I would refuse it. They have no cause and they're just fishing most of the time. I don't want them pawing through my stuff. That said, as a 39 year old white guy, I don't find myself in the situation often.
haha as a 22 year old asian guy, i do find myself in that situation often.

I can see what you are saying, but in my situation if I don't have anything to hide it really is just easier for me to let them search.
Old 03-09-10, 12:40 PM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

A lot of people are on informal probation. That i know.. Which means... We have no more rights until our informal probation time is off. Usually it's 3 years after the date of the crime.

For those of you that don't have it... Don't try to get caught with anything or doing anything... As in legal motors, etc..

Once you get to court. They will put that on you. It seems like it's really nothing, but basically, you're losing all your rights. They can search your house/cars if they want too. They will make a probable cause. Which sucks. This is California guys. We are living in it.
Old 03-09-10, 03:21 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vinh
haha as a 22 year old asian guy, i do find myself in that situation often.

I can see what you are saying, but in my situation if I don't have anything to hide it really is just easier for me to let them search.
whoa vinh youre 22? im telling everyone.
Old 03-09-10, 03:38 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Vinh, how old did you think Vinh was?

...I hate how you two have the same last names too.
Old 03-09-10, 11:10 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LOLthxKbye
whoa vinh youre 22? im telling everyone.
Off topic, but were you on the 22 E. and 5 S. on Monday night after 6? The car in your sig looks a lot like the one I spotted then.