CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Court fee for Metro court house?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-09, 11:15 AM
xHartawann
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Court fee for Metro court house?

Does anyone happen to know the current court fee is for a front license plate fix it ticket? Or a link to where I can find the fee? I got a fix it ticket and I want to send in my sign off.

I got it near USC, the officer ticked San Pedro Courthouse but when I checked it is the Metropolitan Court House. I got my ticket signed off at the Sheriff's Dept already. Just need to send it in with the correct court fee.

Any help will be great, thanks!
Old 09-29-09, 12:20 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

It's usually like 15 bucks, but Send in 20 bucks to be safe...!

Last edited by t0e; 09-29-09 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-29-09, 12:32 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul, Now why would you want to just "send" extra money IN CASE?

Tommy, Just call the court house I'd say. Even better, I went in person to pay it. I know it's probably out of the way....but hey. It's better this way.
Old 09-29-09, 12:35 PM
phongh
Lead Lap

depends on the ticket. Mine was at $25 bucks. No proof of insurance at the time I was pulled over. I couldn't pay the ticket because the officer didn't turn in his part of the ticket.

HERE is the website. You can usually pay online

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/traffic/
Old 09-29-09, 12:36 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Or pay it online... LOL
Old 09-29-09, 12:56 PM
xHartawann
Lexus Champion

I tried that and for some reason I cant pay online, maybe it's because I filed for extension? The only option I get is to reserve a court date, the earliest happens to be March 10th, 2010 lol. I tried calling and I can't even get on the waiting list for the operator. They say try tomorrow between 12-2. I guess I will wait. My ticket is due 10/13, if anything ill pay a visit to t he court house -.-
Old 09-29-09, 12:57 PM
xHartawann
Lexus Champion

And I bet they want exact change... I went to the PD at first to get signed off and they charge $19. I only had $10 or $20 and my friend only had $8 or $20. I told them to keep the dollar and they said we cannot keep the $1. So I went to the Sheriff's office and luckily its cheaper.
Old 09-29-09, 03:37 PM
SEXY 400
Driver

I just got a ticket like yours. It used to be $10 with a sign off but now it's $25 since the state needs money.

-Nick
Old 09-29-09, 03:41 PM
SEXY 400
Driver

Originally Posted by phis250
depends on the ticket. Mine was at $25 bucks. No proof of insurance at the time I was pulled over. I couldn't pay the ticket because the officer didn't turn in his part of the ticket.

HERE is the website. You can usually pay online

http://www.lasuperiorcourt.org/traffic/
If the officer fails to process the ticket and the ticket doesn't show in the system you still have to pay the ticket. THE TICKET IS STILL VALID WHETHER THE COP PROCESSED IT OR NOT At the court they can process it for you, pay it and it will be dismissed. The cop has up to ONE YEAR to process the ticket. Warrants have been issued due to non-payment of unprocessed tickets! Hope this helps.

-Nick
Old 09-29-09, 04:23 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Just Request the court date, that will automatically give you your last extension.

Then tell them it's fixed and pay the amount there......
Old 09-29-09, 05:54 PM
phongh
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SEXY 400
If the officer fails to process the ticket and the ticket doesn't show in the system you still have to pay the ticket. THE TICKET IS STILL VALID WHETHER THE COP PROCESSED IT OR NOT At the court they can process it for you, pay it and it will be dismissed. The cop has up to ONE YEAR to process the ticket. Warrants have been issued due to non-payment of unprocessed tickets! Hope this helps.

-Nick
I went to the courthouse twice in 2 weeks at 8 in the morning. The people there put my name on the list, and ask me to call once a month just to make sure the officer turn in his ticket. I ask if I can just pay the fine, but they say they can't process anything because there isn't anything in the system to process.

So What I do now is call the courthouse once a month and see if they officer turn in his part yet so I can drive 30 minutes from home and just to pay $25. What a waste of time all that for nothing
Old 09-29-09, 08:31 PM
xHartawann
Lexus Champion

^ Wow that is a pain in the ***.

Nick, did you pay Metro court house for your ticket? Sorry this is my first ticket so I will send in my ticket and proof of sign off and a check for $25 to Metropolitan Court House?
Old 09-30-09, 10:48 AM
Rollin'ES3
Lexus Test Driver

I got one by the LAPD like 8 months ago.

If I remember correctly it was 25$ for the 'inspection' fee and the 'court' fee.

Amazing what they do for money...
Old 09-30-09, 03:15 PM
SEXY 400
Driver

Originally Posted by phis250
I went to the courthouse twice in 2 weeks at 8 in the morning. The people there put my name on the list, and ask me to call once a month just to make sure the officer turn in his ticket. I ask if I can just pay the fine, but they say they can't process anything because there isn't anything in the system to process.

So What I do now is call the courthouse once a month and see if they officer turn in his part yet so I can drive 30 minutes from home and just to pay $25. What a waste of time all that for nothing
Hey man,
Yeah they told exactly that lol and it is a complete waste of time on YOUR part. The MAIN courthouse for traffic is Metropolitan, all the other courthouse traffic departments and divsions are sub to metro. The Metro court house is located at 1945 South Hill Street, Los Angeles, CA 90007. At metro they will be able to submit it and process it there since it's the main court for traffic division. I had that problem to about the unprocessed ticket. At sub-courthouses they will not process it for you. They can but it's really up to the clerk. Unfortunatley, the clerks are the boss when it comes to dealing with citation processing. If you really need help I'll meet you there and I can try and talk to them when we get to a clerk window. Where did you get your citation? I work at courthouses as part of an SIU (Special Investigations Unit) at a PI firm FYI doing backgrounds.

-Nick
Old 09-30-09, 03:22 PM
SEXY 400
Driver

Originally Posted by xHartawann
^ Wow that is a pain in the ***.

Nick, did you pay Metro court house for your ticket? Sorry this is my first ticket so I will send in my ticket and proof of sign off and a check for $25 to Metropolitan Court House?
Where did you get your citation? Generally it is good to pay the courthouse that is marked on your citation. If you tell me where you got the citation I can tell you what courthouse to pay. If you don't know what divsion courthouse it is its always the SAFEST bet to pay Metropolitan court at 1945 South Hill Street, Los Angeles 90007 since they are the Father of traffic division. If you decide to mail it in make sure it is insured and that it is CERTIFIED or registered just in case something happens. This will help guarantee authenticity and help you in court if a warrant is sent out due to the post office's mistake. If it is the court's mistake they will dismiss everything.

Regards,

-Nick

Quick Reply: Court fee for Metro court house?