CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-09, 05:34 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by windex
I went 8.436 which is actually a terrible time for me considering last time I was at irwindale I went 7.960 it was too hot I could NOT hook up to save my life but I still handled business
That's actually very nice for 8.4. Many others ran 9 or higher. 7.9 is a good record. Today was too hot. I'm sure many cars will run quicker at night.
Old 09-27-09, 06:09 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great event guys!!!!! woot for no dumb drivers at it minus that one RX(8)?
Old 09-27-09, 06:17 PM
greyhndfan
Lead Lap

Thank You Longo and Vendors for making this happen. Met some new faces from SD too.

I don't think there will be any shortage on pics.. a lot of SLRs out there.. Here's one teaser pic for now.. IS-F Matte Black finish.. The GS-F next to it was just as hot.

Old 09-27-09, 06:19 PM
greyhndfan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Great event guys!!!!! woot for no dumb drivers at it minus that one RX(8)?

Yeah.. dude was burning it in the parking lot..
Old 09-27-09, 06:22 PM
ViperVern
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a great event! Super chill guys that really kept the event in-tact. Also great meeting and putting names to faces. Too bad I couldn't grab numbers before I jetted.

Sidenote* when flipside was rolling around ENFORCING the rules, he sounded meaner than he really is. HAHA.
Old 09-27-09, 06:29 PM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaKi3241
dang it took me about 8 tries trying to beat the 9 second mark.... hahaha I got it down to 8.990 seconds

stuff in car: my signature+ all seats in there + another f-sport spare wheel, textbooks, and my longboard

i believe 8.990 is good for a is350?
haha it took me 9 runs but i got 8.986 hahaha, but i didnt have a full size spare. and i had 4 camp chares tho. i am pretty happy with my fastest numbers put with my car

fastest time-8.986
fastest reaction time-0.502 (2 one hundreths of a second on green)
fastest speed-81.55

what was everyone's fastest reaction time
shows on the ticket R/T.
Old 09-27-09, 06:40 PM
youradhere
Driver School Candidate

Ive got some pics from the event up on my flickr if anyone is interested in having a look =)

The Pursuit - 09/27/09
Old 09-27-09, 06:44 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

THNX TO LONGO FOR THIS GREAT EVENT...hopefully this happens every year..THNX for the event staff too...jason, terrence, brian, javy, ryan, james and philip...GREAT JOB GUYS....greatly appreciated...ill post the video from CL.so.cal of 818...
Old 09-27-09, 06:48 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

fun times...

Last edited by chrisburke; 09-27-09 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-27-09, 06:49 PM
chrisburke
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ViperVern
It was a great event! Super chill guys that really kept the event in-tact. Also great meeting and putting names to faces. Too bad I couldn't grab numbers before I jetted.

Sidenote* when flipside was rolling around ENFORCING the rules, he sounded meaner than he really is. HAHA.
should have brought the lambo... and SMASHED ON EVERYONE...
Old 09-27-09, 06:50 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome meet today guys. I was having a blast .
First, I wanted to thank you our sponsors who come out with all those sick cars and and give us all those awesome prizes. You guys really step it up and came through for us. Especially, in this tough economy.

Second, I wanted to thank you everyone that showed up for this event. I hope you guys have a great time even though the weather was really hot.

Last, I wanted to thanks my awesome team from the bottom of my heart. You guys got everything down and everything handled. Javy & Ryan this meet can not even happen without you guys. Tommy, Doug, Terrance, Phillip, Joe, John, Justin, Jason, Bryan, DJ, David, Ted, Glen, Anthony, Allen, Anna, Rachel, Joyce, my brother in law Tony, my brother Steven, and my wife Cinda BIG THANK YOU.
If I forgot anyone I do apologize.

Lets see those PICS and Video! I see lots and lots of camera out there today. Please post up those pictures. Thank you everyone.
Old 09-27-09, 06:53 PM
Lazy
Lexus Champion

It was fun!! in n out taste so much better when its free LOL.. But they got me since it was so damn hot I bought 4 drinks there haha.. I wasn't happy with my time either :/ hot + no traction = no good haha.. Ooh yeah! damn you whoever won that roof vinyl now I have to pay them to get mines done haha
Old 09-27-09, 06:55 PM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It was nice to join in the pre-event caravan. I joined the 714, and a lot of CL/Lexus owners showed up. The only thing that sucked was it broke up prior to getting on the freeway and I drove along side my buddy in his Red S2K. But I was pleasantly surprised when a caravan from another group came from a connecting ramp and we all rolled together until we arrived at The Pursuit.

The Pursuit itself was nice. I loved being able to run the 1/8 mile. I only did it a couple of times because I felt bad for leaving my buddy in the spectator stand, or else I may have done a few more runs. It was nice meeting some of the members on here, everyone was nice. I took a couple of pics but they suck.
Old 09-27-09, 07:16 PM
Mesca
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AWESOME meet! Seeing everyone on the 1/8 mile was great. BIG Thanks to all the sponsors and vendors, and of course the staff for making this meet happen! On a side note, I think my raffle ticket got called for the Vaistech Ipod Integration kit but I couldn't find my ticket. -________-
Old 09-27-09, 07:17 PM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chrisburke
GET RID of the bottle and lets go.. i have to stick up for my "F" guys... hahahahahah... all fun... too hot... congrats on the win..
why? all in all I should be making similar power to you... and on top of that the "MY ISF killer" was at first a joke to get a race with one but like I said that last picture I put up was just for you... every other ISF I went up against and beat looked passed the fact that I beat them and thought the fact that I had nitrous on my car was pretty cool unlike you they were respectful instead of getting butt hurt all im trying to say is dont be so serious

Quick Reply: 9/27/09 "The Pursuit" Presented by Longo Lexus RETROSPECT