CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Poor clear bra quality at Lexus of Glendale.

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-08, 08:36 AM
whoisrhp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poor clear bra quality at Lexus of Glendale.

Hey guys can you give me some advice I recently got my clear bra done at Lexus of Glendale, big mistake, I got it redone 3 times within 1 month. The Last time I got it redone I talked with there assistant manager, and he said he would get it done right this time. I really don't know how professional / really good clear bra installers install there clear bras but they keep messing up on the door edge guards, I think. When I opened the doors on the inside of the door edge guards I see white specs of like debris and paint or something on one door and on the other door I see like dust and fur. The rest of the car looks nicely done, its clear. Can anyone link me or post me any pics of some door edge guards with clear bras done more so of the inner door, when you open the door? I really don't want to accept this job as well done for the 700 I paid. I told lexus I wanted my money back to get it redone somewhere else the second time and they told me to give them one more chance, do you think its valid I demand a refund?

Also they kept my cars for 8 days this time. I had to call them and ask them if my car was ready they never called me or left a voicemail that my car was ready. I don't know if it was ready before then.

Last edited by whoisrhp; 10-09-08 at 10:16 AM. Reason: changing title
Old 10-09-08, 10:18 AM
BenLS460
Pole Position

Get your money Back man.... i recommend you to go to vipstatus and have harris do it.... i think it is way cheaper and better job here is their address vipstatususa.com
Old 10-09-08, 10:50 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 586 Likes on 405 Posts

Definitely get your money back. You can also go to Aerotect in La Verne (really close to the Pomona Fairplex). They're also a vendor on the site and are actually have a special rate right now.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=380604
Old 10-09-08, 11:32 AM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aerotect (period)!!

get ur money back.
Old 10-09-08, 11:43 AM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

what kind of film are they using over there?
Old 10-09-08, 11:58 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Aerotect uses Venture Shield.
Old 10-09-08, 12:01 PM
roy1928
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Allen K
Aerotect uses Venture Shield.
is that what they are using at lexus of glendale though?
Old 10-09-08, 12:12 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

dont want to sound like a broken record but go to aerotect.
Old 10-09-08, 12:22 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Originally Posted by roy1928
is that what they are using at lexus of glendale though?
Whoops thought you were asking about Aerotect . To be honest 3M and Venture Shield make good materials. People will argue one is better than the other, but I won't lose sleep over it

The install is the most important part
Old 10-09-08, 12:55 PM
whoisrhp
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Allen K
Whoops thought you were asking about Aerotect . To be honest 3M and Venture Shield make good materials. People will argue one is better than the other, but I won't lose sleep over it

The install is the most important part
oh really? i didn't know aerotect uses venture shield. The service rep at Lexus of Glendale told me they use 3m for there film. What would be the best way of getting them to refund me, because im going to write a long detailed essay email to them first and then call them the next day and ask if they recieved my email and if they didn't I will tell them to read it and then I will call them back.
Old 10-09-08, 01:19 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

I say go in there and let them know you're unhappy with their work. Say you've given the dealer 3 tries and they've failed all 3. Just be calm and explain yourself. Worst case scenario = contact corporate
Old 10-09-08, 02:12 PM
07350FROST
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whoisrhp
.... What would be the best way of getting them to refund me, because im going to write a long detailed essay.....

blah, blah, blah.....detailed essay....blah, blah.

the best thing to do is go in there, talk to a service advisor, tell them you are unhappy/unsatisfied with their work and would like them to remove the film.

they'll try to ask you all these questions and B.S. you about "why"....
just tell them your not satisfied. the fact that your going to have another company install a clear bra is besides the point and none of their business.

"I AM NOT HAPPY!"

p.s.--& yes, Aerotect uses Ventureshield
Old 10-10-08, 01:27 PM
timmy0tool

Received 416 Likes on 371 Posts

^ didn't even know glendale offered the clear bra, and i got my IS there. got my clear bra done at aerotect by recommendation of CL, and i'm a happy camper. join the camp and go aerotect; good work, seemless install, looks great, all for a great price!
Old 10-14-08, 11:10 AM
whoisrhp
Driver School Candidate

hey guys im going to be getting my refund tomorrow, hopefully. Hm.. I just finished talking with the General Service Manager of Lexus of Glendale they said that they have been having door edge problems with there clear bra not sticking right. I told them I don't want the clear bra anymore and they said they would remove everything from my car. They said 3m finally admited that they have been having defects and problems with door edge guards. I dont' know if its for only Lexus of Glendale or other lexus's but He said they don't offer door edge guards in there clear bra package anymore for IS series.

My question is my some of my cars paint is chipped on the inside from obviously a bad installation of the clear bra. They said they would repaint or touch of any of the paint chips on my car. Im not experienced with how paint jobs go but is there a difference in how they retouch up paint chips? Because im thinking they are going to probablly use some kind of cheap touch up paint, and then later when I install my clear bra at Aerotect or somewhere else and I remove it the cheap touchup paint peel right off? Im really worried about this, what do I need to ask them? that I don't just want a touch up I want my whole door repainted? Is there some kind fo special repainting retouch up painting procedure?

Last edited by whoisrhp; 10-14-08 at 11:44 AM. Reason: rewording