CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

My disheartening experience at Park Place Mission Viejo, CA

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-08, 01:55 PM
Supawang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My disheartening experience at Park Place Mission Viejo, CA

Hey all,

I hate that my first post on this forum is negative. But you guys have some really good info and I'd like to contribute so that people can learn from my mistakes. I already posted this on other forums, but I made it the same title so you wouldn't accidentally read it again.

I just bought a 2008 IS-F from the Park Place Mission Viejo, CA dealership. Though I am in love with the car and couldn't be happier, the transaction was less than satisfactory. The moral of the story is just be careful and don't assume that even though they are a LEXUS dealer, that they care that much about their cars. I made alot of assumptions that you should be careful of, and you know what they say when you "assume?" (*** u & me?)

First off, I guess I was incorrect to assume that a Lexus dealer would allow a vehicle to leave their grounds without going over it inch by inch with a magnifying glass. I assumed when they told me through email that I was buying a "new" IS-F that it didnt have many miles on it. It actually had 1200 when I saw it in person (which they didnt tell me, I had to flip the odometer to see). But I was fine with this because they gave me a decent deal, $60,437.40 out the door.

However, I was not informed that it had multiple scratches and scuffs inside and all over the vehicle. It even had a missing bolt on one of the panels located under the vehicle. It was not until I got home that I noticed all of the problems.

Even so, I was willing to overlook all of the flaws on the "new" car that were not pointed out to me before purchasing the vehicle, because of the fact that they were willing to fix all of the problems. But then, after bringing the vehicle all the way back to the dealership to have the problems remedied, when the vehicle was returned to me, it had even MORE issues.

That was just too much for me... Is it wrong for me to assume that paying this much money for a car means a great experience too?

There was white wax all over the black interior of the vehicle and a deep scratch on the front of it, causing me to bring the vehicle back to the dealer, yet again. Though they cleaned off the wax, when I brought the scratch to their attention, they pointed out that there was no way for me to prove that they were responsible for it. While it is possible, though very unlikely, that it was something that happened in the less than 24 hour period that I had the vehicle, it is unfathomable to me that a Lexus dealership did not do what many other LESSER dealerships do, and perform an inspection before any work is done on the vehicle in order to avoid unforeseen problems such as this.

Front scratch controversy aside, the fact of the matter is that this dealer just doesn't seem to work with the sense of pride and respect that such awesome vehicles deserve, and that is unfortunate. Carelessness is very evident from the multiple problems that I had in purchasing this car. This is my first time buying a luxury vehicle and I've heard such great things about Lexus', so I'm sorry to say that I am very disappointed in what is supposed to be a great experience. So basically, when you are looking to purchase your car, don't assume anything and inspect the **** out of it, even if it IS a Lexus.

Hope you guys can learn from my mistakes.

supawang
Old 09-02-08, 02:00 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Sorry to hear about your horrible experience. In the end dealerships are dealerships regardless of the badge on the car.
Old 09-02-08, 02:20 PM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the dealership. I would contact Corporate and let them know about your experience.
Old 09-02-08, 02:21 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

raise hell
Old 09-02-08, 02:32 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
raise hell
Agreed, 1200 miles on it is way more than a "new" car should have...
Old 09-02-08, 03:00 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that sucks.

but did u not notice all those scratches when u inspected the car ? did u not notice the odometer reading ? Why did u not bring this up when u were inspecting the car?

the odometer reading itself qualifies it as a USED CAR. And by law they cannot sell it as new...or can they ? I dunno. That would be considered fraud no ?

they should either turn the deal OR refund u the difference of what it's worth as a used car.

forget the repairs, either do one of the two things mentioned above.
Old 09-02-08, 03:26 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Wow..that is terrible!! You are a very nice person.
Old 09-02-08, 04:10 PM
kayotik
Lead Lap

return the car, ask for your money back. that's too much of a headache.
Old 09-02-08, 05:40 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

call lexus corp.
Old 09-02-08, 06:40 PM
eyezack87
Camry ConeKiller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not really surprised that a "new" car had so much stuff wrong with it. It was the same with a client of mine who bought a brand new car from Carmax or something for me to detail. I washed it with a strong concentration of soap and the condition of the car worsened by at least 10 times!

He is going back to raise hell for it though . I say just live with it and hire a detailer to bring the car back up to 100% or as close as he/she can get it. You won't be disappointed man. Dealerships are sneaky bastards. MV didn't use to be like that but ever since they replaced most of their staff they're ****** now
Old 09-02-08, 09:46 PM
Supawang
Driver School Candidate

Ya, well thanks for all of the support. You guys are great.

I tried contacting corporate, but I guess I didn't raise enough of a stink. I basically just told them what happened and they said they'd contact the dealer... whoopee!

I've come to terms that I'm a victim of circumstance and I'm just happy that I have a badass car. I just hope this can be atleast a learning experience for everyone.
Old 09-03-08, 12:28 AM
meefer
Lead Lap

Scratches are going to happen and it's unfortunate that they would treat someone giving them $60K so callously. At least you got to be in an IS-F, there have been stories of people shooed away at other Lexus dealers.

The closest to a new car is to watch them take it off the truck with the plastic on it and say "that one." I regret not buying the still-in-plastic matador red to save $500.
Old 09-03-08, 12:42 AM
avgj0F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Post pics, if you can, on the scuffs & scratches.

On a good note, the car is well broke-in and just let her ripped . Your next problem is frequent stop at a gas station to fill her up ;-)))

Originally Posted by Supawang

However, I was not informed that it had multiple scratches and scuffs inside and all over the vehicle. It even had a missing bolt on one of the panels located under the vehicle. It was not until I got home that I noticed all of the problems.

supawang
Old 09-03-08, 11:46 AM
xuningshen
Lexus Test Driver

yea idk about these guys, i went there about a month before i bought my 350, so two months ago. anyway they've called me 3 times, just did last night, and they keep asking me if i need help shopping for a lexus. the 2nd time they called/emailed me i sent the man email back telling them i already bought one lol apparently they don't get the hint???

but yea sorry about that man... i know newport has(had) a special order IS-F with white interior in it, the lady picked it up and didn't like it so brought it back with few miles, dunno if its still there but might wanna ask.

only reason why i went to parkplace was cuz it was right across from infinity. but otherwise i go to newport they treat you very nicely.
Old 09-03-08, 02:07 PM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call lexus corp and complain.

Quick Reply: My disheartening experience at Park Place Mission Viejo, CA