CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Lexus Vs Chrysler 300c

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-08, 09:33 AM
VELLANOLEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Vs Chrysler 300c

Ok so i was buying gas at a shell one nite and a 300c chrysler came to pump next to me. He had 24's on his chrysler "one piece" generic brand knock off. I know this cuz i use to own a custom paint shop and sold wheels. anyways he said " Nice car man"! i said thanks bro ! you too!" then he goes you gota step it up with some 22's on your lex.1st of all 22's wont fit on a 06 ES330 ! i said ! then he says then you gota get a big boy toy with big boy wheels like mine. ! So at this point im like ! YO you drive a nice car but its not a big boy car. its not even a hemi! or got leather seats . ! and you got some boo boo wheels. then he says you got 20's i gotz 24's !! then im like my joint is a 3 piece vellano wheel forged modular wheel. retail $1625 each. then he goes what is a 3piece wheel!!???? duh!! i told him his wheel ill estimate my cost 900 with tires retail it for like 2200-2400$. he said mine is bigger and better.. i said mine may be smaller but with quality. anyways my point is why do people that drive these chargers and 300c think they big ballin cars. and cocky! does anyone notice this !? its a nice car but PEOPLE treat it like its a bentley! its not!!!
Old 08-28-08, 09:37 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh well...

Some people mod their cars for pure aesthetics.

It's a style that you may not appreciate, but it's the most popular with certain car cultures.
Old 08-28-08, 09:43 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL, similar incident happened to me last month.

i'm in my 2GS talking to some neighbors. a guy pulls up in nice G35 sedan on some BIG wheels, jumps out, looks at me, and says "I gotta wash my $30k baby on my 22s". i just smiled and waved
1. i never knew 22s could fit on a G35
2. his car looked like ***** on those wheels (glad it wasnt parking in my garage)
3. his 22s, 1 pc pieces of cr@p, looked to run him what my tires cost me

to people like this

with dr phil...but i also must add...TO EACH THEIR OWN (just do what i do like the penguins, smile and wave boys, smile and wave)
Old 08-28-08, 09:47 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

hahah i was at the west covina field of dreams last week, and some guy in the poor mans bentley says to me.." sup bro, coo ride, but i prefer my chrysler 300 with 22s.." ha ha i just laughed in his face and said, that's cute, i wish i could get a poormans bentley with knock off crap wheels too. would've saved me a ton on my car. then he gave me a dirty look. ha ha he happened to be the pitcher we played against that night as well...let's say he had to protect himself everytime i was up at bat.
Old 08-28-08, 09:51 AM
VELLANOLEX
Driver School Candidate

Your right it is a popular car! Its a nice looking car! what he had was his style or whatever his finances could get him, but dont talk crap to me, if you dont know your stuff.. Im just saying dont talk all big if you dont know what your talking about. and then look like a fool!
Old 08-28-08, 10:03 AM
aristo2369
Lead Lap

Post location

Originally Posted by VELLANOLEX
Ok so i was buying gas at a shell one nite and a 300c chrysler came to pump next to me. He had 24's on his chrysler "one piece" generic brand knock off. I know this cuz i use to own a custom paint shop and sold wheels. anyways he said " Nice car man"! i said thanks bro ! you too!" then he goes you gota step it up with some 22's on your lex.1st of all 22's wont fit on a 06 ES330 ! i said ! then he says then you gota get a big boy toy with big boy wheels like mine. ! So at this point im like ! YO you drive a nice car but its not a big boy car. its not even a hemi! or got leather seats . ! and you got some boo boo wheels. then he says you got 20's i gotz 24's !! then im like my joint is a 3 piece vellano wheel forged modular wheel. retail $1625 each. then he goes what is a 3piece wheel!!???? duh!! i told him his wheel ill estimate my cost 900 with tires retail it for like 2200-2400$. he said mine is bigger and better.. i said mine may be smaller but with quality. anyways my point is why do people that drive these chargers and 300c think they big ballin cars. and cocky! does anyone notice this !? its a nice car but PEOPLE treat it like its a bentley! its not!!!
Hey Vellanolex
Yeah i dont know why people think Chrome 22 Rims make you a rap star or big baller or something. No se
Where is your shop located, i might need some paint work. Im in sacramento CA.
Old 08-28-08, 10:04 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by VELLANOLEX
Your right it is a popular car! Its a nice looking car! what he had was his style or whatever his finances could get him, but dont talk crap to me, if you dont know your stuff.. Im just saying dont talk all big if you dont know what your talking about. and then look like a fool!
but then life wouldn't be so FUN.
Old 08-28-08, 10:07 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

some people always insist, bigger is better
however, in this case, quality supercedes the above.
Old 08-28-08, 10:09 AM
VELLANOLEX
Driver School Candidate

ARISTO I actually closed down my shop due to bad sales in the past year, it was in so cali sorry bro! its not about looking like a rapper its just this guy looked liek a fool but i dont think he realized it. he probaly went home and googled "3 piece wheel " and find out who really one that debate.. lol
Old 08-28-08, 10:46 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Old 08-28-08, 11:01 AM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

haha i doubt he has a computer if he spent his life savings on a poormans bentley and some plastic chrome coated rims..haha i kid i kid. seriously, i live in the SGV, and my teammates and friends are hispanic and all have bentley300s..and boy do i hear crap from them...until they look at my car and i explain how much money they wasted. ha ha. but like people say, your money, your taste, your satisfaction.
Old 08-28-08, 01:54 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

alot of them here in SFV with chrysler and charger with big A$$ rims think they're all ballersss....i just laughed, like WHATEVER...
Old 08-28-08, 03:34 PM
tryama
Rookie

Katt Williams sums it up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXmhE4Gr2Gg
Old 08-28-08, 03:50 PM
sirblinks
Lexus Test Driver

hahahhaha that made my day...
Old 08-28-08, 08:18 PM
jonjon83
Lexus Test Driver

dude when they put big wheels on a car it makes it look like a freakin 4x4 suv. its ugly it dont know why they think its cool, i saw an accord on 22s and that crap was lookin nasty real high off the ground...

Quick Reply: Lexus Vs Chrysler 300c