CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Newport Lexus sends my 350 to bodyshop from hell !!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 04:12 PM
06CWIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Newport Lexus sends my 350 to bodyshop from hell !!!

I took my brand new 350 into newport lexus cuz my windshield got destroyed by some huge *** rock on the freeway. The windshield was completely destroyed and got 4 big scratches on the side.

Anyway I took it to the dealer cuz i wanted oem glass and warranty etc. They said they would do the glass and out source the paint work. They sent it to ANAHEIM HILLS AUTOBODY it takes them 2 months to get my car finished. when i get it back they completely scratched my dash and center console from all the excess glass after i asked them to be careful. In addition to this they overpainted part of the fender lining white and they removed my rear bumper and re-installed it crooked so it was hitting the trunk like an 88 civic! Let me remind you there was no reason for the bumper to be removed, they said they had to remove and inspect for damages, yeah right they just wanted to rack up the insurance bill.

I got a new center console from them and my bumper is now straight 2 more weeks later, but my fender lining has white paint covered by black paint and my dash has small scratches pretty ****ty if u ask me.

Anyways if you live in so cal dont ever take your car into newport for body work or anaheim hills autobody. They never returned my calls and theres a bunch more stuff that I can tell you that they screwed up on but this post would go on forever and i would just get more upset...
Attached Thumbnails Newport Lexus sends my 350 to bodyshop from hell !!!-img_0063.jpg  
Old 07-19-07, 04:28 PM
Old Oiler
Pole Position

I don't understand this?

Why are there these horror stories with people that have brand new Lexus' and then there are others like my dealer that act like what you would expect from a Lexus dealer.

Can you compound the overspray paint off yourself? Sometimes it's best to do minor work yourself if you can. I would be fuming for them to have taken my bumper off!

The thing I hate seeing the most is brand new cars that have something like this happen. Ok, so your windshield is totaled, nothing else to the car though, should be like replacing a tire just a little longer time wise, right, and then you get your car back in brand new condition.

Once someone taints them, they are tainted for good. I can't stand that!

I hope that you can maybe polish off the paint yourself and touch up the minor stuff and be done with it.

Good luck to you!

Old Oiler

Last edited by Old Oiler; 07-19-07 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-19-07, 06:48 PM
GReddySetG
Pole Position

That sucks!! Replacing a windshield takes 30mins...
Old 07-20-07, 08:23 AM
sportsfan8
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your bad experience... I purchased 2 cars from Newport Lexus and good experiences from sales and service thus far.

Your big mistake was taking it into the dealer. I would've done research or via word of mouth to find a reputable auto body shop. So how much did the dealer charge for the repair? And which freeway and city were you in when the rock hit your windshield? That would be fricken crazy... driving along, minding your own business, while this rock suddenly comes crashing down.
Old 07-20-07, 09:18 AM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this would be the outsourced bodyshop's fault, not the dealer.

but wow what a big *** up over something so trivial.

you have to complain like crazy to the dealer, you have proof of everything.It would be in the dealer's best interest to get it fixed and give u a loaner while it's in the shop. Have the dealer deal with the bodyshop.

otherwise, call a lawyer. This is now called PAIN and SUFFERING. It's stressing you out now, your losing sleep and pissing you off. It may sound lame but it's freaking true right ? I'm sure a salivating lawyer would love to take it up a big dealer such as newport lexus.

A got damned trivial windshield and they can't even can't that right.
Old 07-20-07, 03:09 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

in addition to my last email, let's not forget the hours you took off from work to take care of this stupid trivial on-going problem.

and if you have kids, add on the hassle and money for baby sitting fee's, add how much fuel it took to take care of this bull*****.

also add on the stress and countless arguments you got in with your wife. What does the cash value equate to you ? etc etc etc.

oh and tell them you missed your sons graduation because you had to this lame, pathetic, trivial matter. What does that translate to in terms of cash reimbursement ? You only have one child and your child only has one high school graduation. No amount of cash can replace that right ?

add it all up and stick it to them with a lawyer. Trust me, the lexus dealer did you a favor.

good luck
Old 07-22-07, 01:11 AM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I'm glad I only use Tustin Lexus and Mission Viejo Lexus...

That was some rock man...looks like a brick hit the window instead of a rock =/
Old 07-22-07, 03:01 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

woahh! that rock must been huge
Old 07-23-07, 09:22 AM
gyung
Pole Position

Default Damn...

Damn that sucks... First the rock and then the fuxx up your car instead of fixing it...

I need a body shop maybe too. I bought my car from Newport, and the service has been treating me well. Can anyone recommend a good body shop in the OC area though?

It's not toooo bad, but I got hit by a large blown tire on Friday. My lower front bumper is a little cracked, definitely bent, along with my lip... Not to hi-jack the thread, but it might be helpful if someone could give the both of us a reputable body shop
Old 07-23-07, 02:12 PM
toyemp
Pole Position

Originally Posted by eyezack87
Wow, I'm glad I only use Tustin Lexus and Mission Viejo Lexus...

That was some rock man...looks like a brick hit the window instead of a rock =/
Yeah, but Tustin Lexus and Newport Lexus are owned by the same company. In fact, when Newport Lexus was still getting up to speed, they were servicing all their cars at Tustin Lexus.

Prices seem to be cheaper at Tustin Lexus for the same work too. Go figure...
Old 07-23-07, 10:07 PM
eyezack87
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toyemp
Yeah, but Tustin Lexus and Newport Lexus are owned by the same company. In fact, when Newport Lexus was still getting up to speed, they were servicing all their cars at Tustin Lexus.

Prices seem to be cheaper at Tustin Lexus for the same work too. Go figure...
Seriously? Wow, never knew that haha. Oh well, they've been good to me so far I suppose...
Old 07-23-07, 11:27 PM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Newport Lexus doesn't even have a parts department. You have to call them and tell them what you want and they order it and you pick it up at the front desk -- after you wait forever for someone to bring it out from somewhere. they made me wait 30 minutes just to pick up a screw I ordered from them. They are not do it yourself friendly at all. I'll never go back and I work across the street from them!
Old 07-24-07, 01:44 PM
Da Hapa
Pole Position

Unfortunately, I had a similar experience with Newport Lexus right after they opened up.

Long story short... the front windshield on our 2006 LX 470 had to come out. Unfortunately, the installer left his belt buckle on and proceeded to scratch the living hell out of the drivers side door/passenger side door and the driver's side front fender.

We were without a car for a week while it was taken care of.

Newport did step up and take care of it, and I was provided with a loaner car the whole time but it was very upsetting. And IMO, it never should have happened and should have been caught before I got the car in my possession.
Old 07-30-07, 06:05 PM
06CWIS350
Driver School Candidate

The total bill ended up being close to 2500, 1000 for the windshield and 1500 for the body work. If i knew they were gonna take so long I would've of taken the car to Deshler's in orange. They have done 5 of my cars in the past and work on mostly exotic cars so they know how to take care of a vehicle. I spoke to the service manager at newport and she apologized and told me to speak to the owner of anaheim hills autobody because he was a close friend of hers. I just wanted to warn everyone that A-hills autobody has so much business from dealerships that they really dont care about quality its just quantity to them....
Old 08-01-07, 11:33 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

It was interesting for me at Newport Lexus too, since I needed to get a Smog Test for my Lexus since it was an out of state vehicle and their price was actually competitive and they were willing to give me loaner car, however they were going to drive it over to their Tustin Facility to get the work done. It didn't seem like this made sense so I went a different route and found someone more local.

Quick Reply: Newport Lexus sends my 350 to bodyshop from hell !!!