CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Can anybody plz suggest a good shop in SF valley, close to northridge

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-07, 06:03 PM
Scoupe3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Can anybody plz suggest a good shop in SF valley, close to northridge

My car has a blown headgasket and dealer prices are outrageous. If anyone has had good experience getting their SCs repaired in the valley, can they please suggest me some place. And if anyone has a 2JZGE new or low miles please send me a quote. I might consider it if my engine is ruined or labor is cheap.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-10-07, 08:21 PM
reamemiya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey SCoupe,
If you're looking for a shop that has experience with SC you're out of luck. If you don't mind the drive there are a couple of shop with lots of experience with SC's and supras.

I would recommend SR motorcars in Gardena ask for Steve. He's a cool guy and their prices are good.
Old 06-10-07, 10:30 PM
Scoupe3
Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by reamemiya
Hey SCoupe,
If you're looking for a shop that has experience with SC you're out of luck. If you don't mind the drive there are a couple of shop with lots of experience with SC's and supras.

I would recommend SR motorcars in Gardena ask for Steve. He's a cool guy and their prices are good.
Thanks reamemiya. I think I might have seen your car near CSUN (it was a black SC but different rims). Not having a reputable shop is a shame as I have seen so many SCs in the valley.

PS: Do you think its better to put in a new head gasket or drop in a another 2JZGE? A shop quoted me 900$ for replacing the HG. Is that a good price?
Old 06-11-07, 09:23 AM
hemogoblin
Lexus Test Driver

Replacing the HG is probbly the same as switching the motor. Labor/Price is prob equal.

As for shops in the Valley, for small things, me and my buddies just do them ourselves, for jobs im too lazy to do, I just bring it to a mechanic ive been going to for a while in Van Nuys. But if your looking at performance, I usually bring my car to Dyno Xtreme in Stanton.

Your best bet is to just bring it to a local shop that you trust.
Old 06-11-07, 12:40 PM
Scoupe3
Rookie

Originally Posted by hemogoblin
Replacing the HG is probbly the same as switching the motor. Labor/Price is prob equal.

As for shops in the Valley, for small things, me and my buddies just do them ourselves, for jobs im too lazy to do, I just bring it to a mechanic ive been going to for a while in Van Nuys. But if your looking at performance, I usually bring my car to Dyno Xtreme in Stanton.

Thanks hemoglobin. I am weighing my options. I did some stuff myself as well but I dont have the means to repair HG by myself. Looks like I will have to look around. I will post my experience in a few days.
Old 10-15-12, 08:24 PM
silver53
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus reapirs Van Nuys

Originally Posted by hemogoblin

did anyone post the name of a reputable lexus repair shop?
Old 10-16-12, 10:19 AM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

LTS in pasadena is a very good, honest, and reputable shop. Ask for Mike, prices and service are excellent! He was a Lexus master tech. He might even be able to give you a ballpark quote over the phone.
Old 10-27-12, 06:49 PM
kwags1023
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

try kartek shop in noho area
Old 11-02-12, 03:37 PM
GoldGS3
Pole Position

Default Mechanic

Foothills Independent Motorworks, Inc.
3941 Foothill Blvd + Lowell Ave. La Crescenta, Ca 91214.
T: 818-248-0304. F: 818-248-0421. http://www.foothillsindependentmotorworks.com/ George_Amirian@yahoo.com M~F 8-5, Sat 8-12.
George – worked 5yrs at Glendale Lexus.

George has been taking care of my family cars for over three years. Very honest and excellent mechanic.

Tell him John referred you. There are several CL members using George's service.
Old 11-02-12, 11:27 PM
Whitena
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BKK Motorsport
(818) 759-0999
7439 Coldwater Canyon Ave
North Hollywood, CA 91605
Ask for Park or Eddie, Park've been fixing up, repairing 2jz and 1jz for many years now.