CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Problems @ Lexus of Cerritos...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-07, 04:37 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put all negative, and be honest. You don't want to have give bad Karma to the next potential Lexus buyer... this way Cerritos will fix their problem instead of simply gloating over their ignorance.
Old 01-29-07, 05:07 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you took the money for tint and now your obligated to leave them good feedback.

or.....NOT

wow I would have just took my 1000 deposit and never go back. Forget the tint !

but wtf is lexus of cerritos thinking by attempting to keep a deposit ? not only a deposit but a credit card deposit ! what a bunch of idiots !
Old 01-29-07, 11:47 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
actually i was impressed with Lexus Headquarters.. i called them 2 weeks ago. on a friday night. and i told them "all i want is my calls returned." The gentleman ensured me that I will get the call on monday. and actually called me around lunch time monday to check if I got the call..

Anyhow. let me cash the check and then decide what to put on the survey.
good to know. that will keep me in the Lexus family.
Old 01-30-07, 03:15 AM
JDM
Lead Lap

take your money, get your tint, and give them a bad score.
Old 03-31-07, 04:05 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 139 Posts

ok.. let me just update this thread for people who cared..
I got the tint done.. Got the check.. I didn't send in the survey..
i was tempted to put in negative scores.. but ehh.. the nice guy in me told me to just leave it..

they tried to get a hold of me about 5 times the week after.
but i am not stupid.. i gave them a taste of their own medicine..
oh welll.. never going back there ever again
Old 03-31-07, 06:07 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

at less u got your $$$back
but i would still send in the negetive survey,
Old 04-01-07, 11:07 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Thanks for the update.

I hope that this is not an indicator of things to come service wise from Lexus.
With as many buying cars, I've come across increasingly irritated owners where some part of the buying experience has been chunked. I just am crossing my fingers these incidents are not recurring problems.
Old 04-09-07, 12:28 AM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Don't even think about getting any work done there either.
They are crooks!
Old 04-09-07, 06:05 PM
iMiKE23
Driver School Candidate

I was actually thinking of buying a Lexus IS from Cerritos, but since reading this thread I am very hesitant. Westminster sounds about right...
Old 04-09-07, 11:33 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

There will be issues with just about any dealership...find a recco'd sales person and go in. While we'd like to see a 100% happy feedback, it's not realistic.

We bought our LS from Cerritos and were treated nicely. While I've had a couple minor issues with the service dept...the resolution has been to my satisfaction. Would I go back to buy...yeah. The sales person who sold us the car is still there and I wouldn't think twice about seeing him. Service...not likely.

While the OP had some drawn out issues, it has been solved.

Last edited by RA40; 04-09-07 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-10-07, 03:52 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the update. I would leave them negative feedbacks for the survey. The tint is compensation for the poor customer service. The refund was yours to begin with. Now what should you do about the bad experience? hmm..

Originally Posted by iMiKE23
I was actually thinking of buying a Lexus IS from Cerritos, but since reading this thread I am very hesitant. Westminster sounds about right...
If you're SoCal then I wouldn't suggest Westminster either. Longo's service is a disaster now but sales is still good. Or ask experts like Liz
Old 04-11-07, 10:33 PM
iMiKE23
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
Thanks for the update. I would leave them negative feedbacks for the survey. The tint is compensation for the poor customer service. The refund was yours to begin with. Now what should you do about the bad experience? hmm..

If you're SoCal then I wouldn't suggest Westminster either. Longo's service is a disaster now but sales is still good. Or ask experts like Liz
From researching this forum, I would say the vast majority of users who purchased from the dealership at Westminster were/are happy. I cannot say the same for Longo, but with a major purchase for me coming up (IS 350 Black) I will still keep on looking and call for a quote.
Old 04-12-07, 09:43 AM
arashi525
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iMiKE23
From researching this forum, I would say the vast majority of users who purchased from the dealership at Westminster were/are happy. I cannot say the same for Longo, but with a major purchase for me coming up (IS 350 Black) I will still keep on looking and call for a quote.
i tried to buy my rx350 at westminster cause my coworker had just gotten his there a month earlier, so i felt confident about what sort of deal i should be getting, but when i got there they started playing games trying to make me commit to buying from them but not wanting to give me a firm price (the car was out of stock, they were waiting for new shipiments). so i went online and emailed a few other dealerships in the area - newport, tustin, and cerritos responded almost immediately. but only the cerritos salesperson (think his name was trey) was willing to give me a firm price that we both would commit to so i got it from them. hope this helps.
Old 04-12-07, 10:03 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

If you are a member of Costco, AAA or similar group, look into the auto buying program. I used AAA for my purchase and will do for the next one.
Old 04-12-07, 12:26 PM
SC400DAVE
Lexus Test Driver

Default Good Advise

Originally Posted by RA40
If you are a member of Costco, AAA or similar group, look into the auto buying program. I used AAA for my purchase and will do for the next one.

Good Advise. You deal with the fleet manager and you get a no nonsense price up front. No games has been my experience. I used Costco.

Quick Reply: Problems @ Lexus of Cerritos...