CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Garden Grove TOYOTA...what a WASTE OF TIME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-06, 10:58 AM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Garden Grove TOYOTA...what a WASTE OF TIME!!!!

On March 12, 2006, I called Toyota Of Garden Grove and spoke to Tony Licata (Internet Sales Manager) around 3 PM about a White Lexus LS430 they had advertised on the Autotrader.

Price was $31,999.00. After my call, Tony said that he will have the car ready for me when I get there. I live 2 HOURS Away from this dealership, Tony was nice enough to call my cell phone a few times to check on my drive and if the directions were good.

I arrive at approximately 7:00PM. Tony comes out to greet me and thi is when the trouble started.

I asked for a test drive and all of a sudden, the car is NOT there! Apparently the general manager takes it home with him as his DEMO car. They THOUGHT I was inquiring about an GX470? (SUV).

Very disgusted about this predicament, I kept my cool and politely left the dealership. As I was leaving, Tony was "Apologizing" to me and "Promised" me that He will somehow make this up to me by lowering the price of the car 1500-2000 and will call me back the next day first thing in the morning (Monday) with all the info on the car and the numbers (Selling/Discounted Price). I said fine..just give me a call when you get the numbers.

Monday comes..you guessed it.. NO PHONE CALL! I call after 2 PM and asked for Tony, but he doesn't have the numbers yet and he'll call me within 15 Mins...He did call me and offered me the car for $28,900.00. I said, fine, i'll drive to their dealership again and inspect the car to make sure everything is still in order.

Tony's response was, Please talk to one of my salesman (Jackson) to arrange the details. I call Jackson and he informs me that the car is NOT there and that he will try to have the general manager (Mr. Parker) leave the car so I can take a look at it and he'll call me back within the hour.

7:00 PM Monday, NO CALLS for either one (Tony or Jackson). I calll Jackson and the excuse this time was that the car is STILL with the manager and will have it ready for viewing the next day (Tuesday) and he will call me in the morning to make sure the car is indeed available.

Tuesday afternoon, NO CALLS FROM ANYBODY. I call again and I get hanged up 3 times (Tony's Cell Phone) and finally I was able to speak with Tony the 4th time.

This time the excuse was..The car is being DETAILED and cannot be offered for sale as the guy who drives/driven the car smoked cigars and they need to get the smell out! he will call me within the Hour once the car is ready...Needless to say, NO PHONE CALLS, nuthin but RUN-AROUND and a LYING DEALER that cannot deliver as promised.

What a WASTE OF TIME this dealer turned out to be.

I hope your experience is better.....

Mike
Old 03-21-06, 11:54 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

yeah, i hate that stealership!

the parts department is rude and arrogant as well...
Old 03-21-06, 11:59 AM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

That sucks, guess you won't be getting an LS from them. Mike, why don't you ask Liz and see if she can use her connections to find you a nice LS?
Old 03-21-06, 12:03 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BR1AN
That sucks, guess you won't be getting an LS from them. Mike, why don't you ask Liz and see if she can use her connections to find you a nice LS?
Thanks Brian... I''m actually gonna be going on a trip here soon to do a Double Duty..Visit Family and MAYBE get the LS430 if it turns out to be a nice ride....we shall see..

MIke
Old 03-21-06, 12:58 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

call tony again, make sure he answers, and tell him to kiss your *** and then hang up. that's about how much he can expect from me
Old 03-21-06, 01:29 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Actually, since Tony is the internet manager, I would just call him back and ask for his email. Then send him a link to this thread. I'm sure after reading this thread, he may realize what a mistake they made.
Old 03-21-06, 01:38 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

This is great guys..wow. I've got 3 Moderators in this thread..awesome support from CL!!

In any case, earlier today, I talked to Toyota Corporate and reported this dealer's actions and it has been recorded on file. They also forwarded this complaint to the Customer Service Manager @ GG Toyota (Tiffany Pham) so she can get a hold of me and see what they can do.

At this point, NOTHING THEY CAN DO for me as I've decided to purchase this car from some OTHER DEALER....

Maybe they can pay for my plane ticket and accomodation for my trip this weekend to IL to visit family and maybe look at a good LS430 Candidate to purchase....hhhmmmm

Thanks again guys/gals

Mike
Old 03-21-06, 01:38 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

I would talk to the highest manager in the company or email him this thread. Looks like the perks of being a manager at a dealership is that u can to hustle around in the nicest cars.
Old 03-21-06, 04:58 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

I called Toyota Corporate and filed a complaint today. I got a Phone call from a Tifanny just a few minutes ago. She is the Customer Service Manager for GG Toyota.

She apologized for the inconvenience and told me that the " REAL" reason they wont sell me the car as a "favor" to me is due to the car NOT PASSING SMOG and TRANNY ISSUES...so they can't sell the car .. I guess if the car was there that night and I bought it..I would have been SOL!

Things happen for a reason I always say!!

Here is the link to AutoTrader Add

Vin Number for the Vehicle: JTHBN30F210029466

I guess I should report it to CARFAX that this vehicle is not "CLEAN" as they still need to get it to PASS SMOG and the TRANNY has issues..

Mike
Old 03-21-06, 05:05 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds to me the "real" reason, is just something they made up to make you feel better... but what do i know.
Old 03-21-06, 05:16 PM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

Originally Posted by 1SILVERGS3
I called Toyota Corporate and filed a complaint today. I got a Phone call from a Tifanny just a few minutes ago. She is the Customer Service Manager for GG Toyota.

She apologized for the inconvenience and told me that the " REAL" reason they wont sell me the car as a "favor" to me is due to the car NOT PASSING SMOG and TRANNY ISSUES...so they can't sell the car .. I guess if the car was there that night and I bought it..I would have been SOL!

Things happen for a reason I always say!!

Here is the link to AutoTrader Add

Vin Number for the Vehicle: JTHBN30F210029466

I guess I should report it to CARFAX that this vehicle is not "CLEAN" as they still need to get it to PASS SMOG and the TRANNY has issues..

Mike
Old 03-21-06, 05:23 PM
FLIPPU
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by V8_Aristo
Still doesn't sound right Mike, in order to transfer ownership, it needs to be smogged. So how did they transfer the title to the dealership if it didn't pass smog from the previous owner?
Poyet-

I could care less what their excuse is really..I'm NEVER buying from them and i will tell everyone I know about their "BAIT/SWITCH" Scheme...

They are a bunch of Lying, time wasting, rats!

Mike
Old 03-21-06, 05:38 PM
Luv Da Lex
Lexus Test Driver

im with lee on their parts department. i walked in there and they were really rude and just cus im a young guy i cant buy parts??? im never going back there again.
Old 03-21-06, 06:00 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

i only buy parts from there cuz i have hook-ups

how can a flagship LS with 60k miles have tranny problems and not pass smog????
Old 03-21-06, 06:01 PM
b1gredek
Lexus Test Driver

i have actually seen that car for sale on the lot too,,,,,, wow that sucks,,,,,,,,, i just go there for service,,,,,,,,

Quick Reply: Garden Grove TOYOTA...what a WASTE OF TIME!!!!