CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

LAX Meet: Sept. 21 Wednesday 7pm

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-05, 05:45 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LAX Meet: Sept. 21 Wednesday 7pm

Hello All,

We have an Australian visitor from ALSC (Australia Lexus Soarer Club) visiting our beautiful city on September 21st of 2005. We would like to host a meet the him. Here is where he will be staying Clarion Hotel LAX and would like to have a meet somewhere close to that area.

Date: September 21st
Time: 7 pm
Place: Near LAX.

We will meet first and have dinner afterward. We need your support and show the Australian our hospitality. Please join me and others..

Thanks

Last edited by Lextreme; 08-03-05 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-29-05, 07:40 PM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds good Dave. Just a heads up for anyone who is thinking about going. Try not to be too close to LAX if you don't have front license plate. Again, we have been pull over 2 times for not having the front plate. Just to let you guys know!
Old 07-29-05, 07:57 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

only first gen LS and SC400 in Australia and they would love to see some GS, IS and others. Barry is one of the founders of ALSC.

Last edited by Lextreme; 07-30-05 at 02:37 AM.
Old 07-29-05, 08:55 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

mark is right, just be careful. cops around lax, they have nothing better to do
Old 07-31-05, 10:11 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

somebody should just pick him up and take him to another city for a meet
Old 07-31-05, 12:06 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Where do u guys want to meet?

Last edited by Lextreme; 08-01-05 at 09:42 PM.
Old 08-01-05, 05:35 PM
baron
Driver School Candidate

Well here I am....online from Oz and interested in some form of dialogue with David and anyone else from LA.....I have an imported JDM Toyota Soarer with lowered air suspension and EMV dash with converted TV and after market Sat Nav....it has headers, custom exhaust , inlet changes and a Mines type computer with increased rpm limit , speed limiter derestricted and 160 rear wheel kilowatts and lots of low down torque....rims are polished 17x8 with 235/45 tyres and quite a few little mods...I am after contacts in LA and NYC
Old 08-01-05, 08:59 PM
JamesN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats some nice mods you got. I'm looking forward to this meet. It always fun to talk about cars with fellow members and Dave
Old 08-01-05, 09:25 PM
indypwr
Lexus Champion

pick another place other than LAX
Old 08-01-05, 09:26 PM
baron
Driver School Candidate

I am new on this posting thing here altjough I have been 'looking' since 2001 so excuse me for my ineptitude at posting photos....there are 5 in the gallery that i have posted today...have a look at an EMV Soarer console dash(2) AND and ALSC cap on the bonnet of the SC and a couple of pics of the car....one of the skirts and wheels and one of the rear apron...

Last edited by BR1AN; 08-01-05 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-01-05, 09:35 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I hope you don't mind me adding the pics to your post. That's a very clean Soarer you got there.
Old 08-01-05, 09:36 PM
baron
Driver School Candidate

Where else would you suggest? I am in your hands and my wife and I do not have transport. in LA...suggest away.....we are doing our third USA trip, this time Honolulu, short LA tours time only, NYC, touring north east in CT, RI, MA...... to see Nautilus at Groton, Indian Museum in CT, battleship row in Fall River, Americas Cup museum in Newprt RI, Naval museum in Newport, Plymouth rock, Lexington and Concord revolution sites, Salem, Boston freedom walk, Springfield Armoury, Yale at new Haven and points in between...all this in a Ford rental but we are taking our own Sat Nav with US software....c'mon over to Oz sometime guys, recently voted by a survey of thousands of Intrnational travellers as #1.....
Old 08-01-05, 09:39 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

I can pick up Baron (Barry) and meet u guys somewhere for a nice dinner and car chat....
Old 08-01-05, 09:48 PM
baron
Driver School Candidate

Thanks Brian for adding the pics, my last question was directed at Indypwr not to you so I hope that makes more sense...we seemed to cross in posting....I have some more pics but don't want to bore you....also to get a flavour on the Aussie scene do you want me to verbalise?? Rmember its a country of only 20 million plus with great sporting prowess and a high standard of living and lot of great cars,people and a coastal fringe of superb beaches and a dead heart with a different sort of Beauty....Lexus is still the junior partner in the luxury market segment to Mercedes-Benz and BMW and our most popular car is our local Holden product one of which (Monaro) spawned the latest GTO in the US...here in OZ it has a six litre engine(sourced from Chev )
Old 08-01-05, 10:06 PM
baron
Driver School Candidate

Another crossed post....thankyou Dave for your kind offer....HOWEVER we better get the date right....September is the month we are visiting, arriving from HI late afternoon on the 20th and leaving morning of the 23rd September for NYC.....so the evening of the 21st or 22nd is fine....the home of OZ SC400's and TT's is at the ALSC and its new website forum at Soarer Central....most guys rebadge the Toyotas with Lexus gear....there are lots of meets, trackdays, dyno days, swapmeets, social get togethers etc The SC400 was never sold by Lexus in Oz so it was OK to import the JDM Toyotas in both V8 and Twin Turbo and VVT-i single turbo 1JZ form....at a recent dyno day a 428 rear wheel kilowatt was pulled and there are quite a few 300 rwkw cars ...these are mostlt the 5 speed manual variant....most V8 auto cars start at around 135 rwkw and top out at about 160/170.....there are some supercharged V8's with about a 30% increase and some 'manualized' V8's with either a W58 or R154 boxes...there is a Gertrag 6 speeder around....note there are no SC's currently turbo'd in the club....OK , thats enough for a while.....

Quick Reply: LAX Meet: Sept. 21 Wednesday 7pm