CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-14, 12:07 AM
mluvsk0422
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there! I just joined this forum today, but my car is actually in my friend's body shop at the moment. My baby IS300 will be ready by Monday, so I am anxiously awaiting my fully repaired girl. Anyway, I thought that I would introduce my friend to you. He does very high grade repair work for very reasonable prices. Try calling him and talk to him. He is very knowledgeable with cars, and he knows many ways to cut down repair costs. His name is Makito Nakai, and his body shop is called "Seven Apple", located in Torrance, CA. His number is 310-972-8529. Tell him "Makoto" told you about him. I am sure he'll take good care of you. Good luck!

P.S. I have attached some photos of the damage to my car. The last photo was sent to me a couple of days ago by Makito to update me on the progress. If you want, I will show you the finished product when it's done on Monday? Please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-photo-2-.jpg   Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-photo-3-.jpg   Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-photo-1.jpg   Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-photo-2.jpg   Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)-photo-4.jpg  

Old 01-04-14, 10:04 AM
5150evh
Driver School Candidate

Hey Makoto, thanks for taking the time to post and uploading the pics. I really appreciate it.

Looks like you had a number done to your car But it looks like Makito is doing some great work to restore it back to health. And yes, please upload some new pics on Monday when the job is done.

If you don't mind me asking, how much is he charging to do the job? You can send me a personal message that info if you prefer. And finally how many days did it take him to do all of the work? Thanks again!
Old 01-04-14, 11:23 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

There is a thread in the So. Cal section for body shops. Merging this with that thread.
Old 07-10-14, 12:55 AM
Intellexual
Lead Lap

Default Good body shop recommendations near Irvine / OC?

I did a search, but either found really old posts or recommendations that weren't close to Irvine or Orange County.

Looking for a high quality body shop that can work with insurance companies like AAA. I see a lot of recommendations for Platinum VIP out in Irwindale, but that's a bit further than I'd like.

Is there anything closer to Irvine / OC that would be up to par?

Thanks,
v
Old 07-10-14, 09:24 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

You could try Tustin Ranch Collision

They are in the Tustin Auto Center
16 Auto Center Dr. Tustin
Old 07-14-14, 02:22 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

TriStar Autobody in HB, ask for Lawrence, (714) 842-1716
Old 08-08-14, 03:48 PM
POZEST
Driver School Candidate

Default Link is dead

Originally Posted by rg_gibson
If it's not dented why don't you buy a Lexus paint touch-up kit from lexus-parts.com.......only about $16 with shipping.
I tried to visit LEXUS-PARTS.COM but there is no website with that name.
Old 08-08-14, 04:14 PM
POZEST
Driver School Candidate

Default Checking for Approvals

I went through about 10 pages and for my location SIXTEEN CUSTOMS and AUTOEXPLOSIOn seem to have been recommended a few times (close to my location).

Then I saw the dates on the 10 pages I looked on were from years ago, so I wish to confirm that SIXTEEN CUSTOMS & AUTOEXPLOSION (both in Gardena) still get approvals from the Club Lexus community.

I have a 1" scratch on my hood from cardboard on teh freeway that went through the paint, so I want a shop to take care of it.

Thx.
Old 08-11-14, 02:53 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by POZEST
I wish to confirm that SIXTEEN CUSTOMS & AUTOEXPLOSION (both in Gardena) still get approvals from the Club Lexus community.
Sixteen Customs
AutoExplosion
Seven Apple

All in Gardena, all come highly regarded by the CL community. GL with your repair.
Old 08-14-14, 09:56 AM
POZEST
Driver School Candidate

Default tHANKS FOr the response

Originally Posted by brianlin87
Sixteen Customs
AutoExplosion
Seven Apple

All in Gardena, all come highly regarded by the CL community. GL with your repair.
Thanks for hte response Brian.
Old 04-19-15, 01:25 AM
LoveThatV8
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Any suggestions in the San Fernando Valley? (818 or 310 preferred) Just a front lip and sideskirt request on paint, I can prep, sand, and clean but need a great shop that can color match. Thanks!
Old 09-17-15, 03:38 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Intellexual
I did a search, but either found really old posts or recommendations that weren't close to Irvine or Orange County.

Looking for a high quality body shop that can work with insurance companies like AAA. I see a lot of recommendations for Platinum VIP out in Irwindale, but that's a bit further than I'd like.

Is there anything closer to Irvine / OC that would be up to par?

Thanks,
v
AAA Insurance should have a list of preferred body shops they have a close relationship with. Contact them and get a list that's close to your area. Then you can pick and choose which is the best for your needs/budget/style requirements.
Old 12-29-15, 10:58 PM
subiepunk
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any suggestions for a shop near Santa Clarita?
Old 02-06-16, 09:46 AM
EmceeBradC
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Recommendation for Fixing a few body panels and repaint here in Los Angeles

I have a 2007 Lexus IS350 purchased at the end of 2006 . A while ago I got a dent in the panel above front right the wheel. It is now pulling a way some from the front of the car near the headlights, Before that dent I had a very small dent and scratch on the driver side door.

I had some engine work done on the car three years ago to replace a bad cylinder so I had all the cylinders replaced. I have 205,000 miles on the car so far. I am hoping to get at least another 5 years out this car, so I would like to refresh the body by fixing the dents (replace panels if need be) and get a new paint job for the whole car.

Can anyone here recommend a place for Body work somewhere in San Gabriel Valley, San Fernando Valley, or even Orange county (the first two are preferable)? I would like recommendations for both Best Quality and Good Quality/reasonable price. Maybe even a ranking of local body shops. I am willing to go to a dealer body shop depending on the cost.
Old 02-17-16, 11:49 AM
smt6
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Anybody with a recommendation for my ISF with front end damage in the Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario area??

Quick Reply: Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)