CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-07, 09:39 AM
marcmindte
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I just need the hood repainted

Its got to many chips and scratches (not deep ones) for me to touch it up myself. I got a quotes from $450 to $900 to paint the hood and both side panels (above the wheels).
All I want is the hood repainted. Isnt that alot of money for the hood? Like I said Im in Orange County (near Irvine) so if you know anyone around here, PM me. Thanks
Old 02-25-07, 06:22 PM
mole
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hhhmmmmm ....

Last edited by mole; 02-27-07 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-01-07, 02:00 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Any recco's for a shop that will do a factory bumper replacement and paint?
Old 03-02-07, 03:15 PM
AristoPra
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UptownGS
I'm doing some work at Riteway Autobody right now.... i'll let you know how the car turns out. So far they've been on top of everything and called me countless times to check up on me so 2 thumbs up for customer service.

plsu this shop does alot of hot rods..... hot rod painters are usually the best and msot detailed so Yay for Riteawy..... this is my 3rd version of Black i'm on now. Nutts!!!
So any word on how the paint job is going? I plan to get my GS painted in the near future. Stock black Onyx 202.
Old 03-02-07, 03:32 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by marcmindte
Its got to many chips and scratches (not deep ones) for me to touch it up myself. I got a quotes from $450 to $900 to paint the hood and both side panels (above the wheels).
All I want is the hood repainted. Isnt that alot of money for the hood? Like I said Im in Orange County (near Irvine) so if you know anyone around here, PM me. Thanks
did you check out autobody usa in lake forest?

http://www.autobodyusa.net/
Old 03-02-07, 04:19 PM
HybrdArsto
Driver

Originally Posted by since5oh
+1 for MOB.

had my quarter panel and rear bumper repainted on my old 350Z. color matched perfectly and car was delivered on time as promised.
+1 for M.O.B. as well. Miguel does great things with paint.
Old 03-02-07, 06:45 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

[QUOTE=UptownGS;2442695]I'm doing some work at Riteway Autobody right now.... i'll let you know how the car turns out. So far they've been on top of everything and called me countless times to check up on me so 2 thumbs up for customer service.

plsu this shop does alot of hot rods..... hot rod painters are usually the best and msot detailed so Yay for Riteawy..... this is my 3rd version of Black i'm on now. Hot rod shops leave zero orange peel.
Old 03-02-07, 11:33 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Lkn4aGS
So any word on how the paint job is going? I plan to get my GS painted in the near future. Stock black Onyx 202.
went to go check it out yesterday.... i'm loving the new paint job.... its a Black Pearl w/ a gold shimmer. There were a few spots i asked them to look into to smoothen out but can't complain really. Overall the car looked really cool in the sunlight. I can see the gold really gloss out at hard angles.... I dotn know if i'm explaining it right. I guess u'll have to see.

As far as pricing I got into a minor fender bender w/ my front bumper and fender so insurance settled the bill. While at the shop I was' BS'n w/ the shop owner but told him i wanted to make sure they used Bentley Black to match up the paint. They called me a few hrs later and asked if I wanted to repaint my entire my car and I agreed. Simple as that, but they wanted to paint using something a bit more flashy. So i agreed to their black w/ slight gold.

Originally Posted by Neo
Are you repainting the whole car? If so, how much? PM me if you want.
see above!
Old 03-15-07, 01:55 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

update: i'm not too happy w/ the outcome of the paint job from Riteway. A few bubbles here and there and then choppy work around the corners. They said they would fix everything, so atleast the customer service is on par. I will update as soon as they fix everything.
Old 03-15-07, 02:53 PM
mikemareen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know why these dumb *** body shops just don't do it right the first time.

"ya let's rush and do a *****ty job and hope the customer won't notice, and if they notice we'll do it again".

the fuked up thing is they rush the 2nd time around and it's not too different from the first time they botched up on.

Originally Posted by UptownGS
update: i'm not too happy w/ the outcome of the paint job from Riteway. A few bubbles here and there and then choppy work around the corners. They said they would fix everything, so atleast the customer service is on par. I will update as soon as they fix everything.
Old 03-15-07, 03:19 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

shoot you're tellin me!
Old 03-15-07, 03:49 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

i go to VIP autobody in Midway city.
there small and take alittle longer but there job is very good
alot of show cars come out of there,, even mine
Old 05-07-07, 12:36 PM
dboyz85
Pole Position

Default Body shop

Hey guys i need ur help with body shop that can fix a crack in my walds kit. My dad reparked my car as i was sleeping and cracked my rear lip. I need a shop that can fix it. I asked my local shop and they said it can't me done. thanks for all ur help.
Old 05-07-07, 12:59 PM
dung0981
Lexus Test Driver

whats up?
you can ask the guy, who detailed my car. i dont have my number here but i think you know him. (Jackson and Bolsa)

Originally Posted by dboyz85
Hey guys i need ur help with body shop that can fix a crack in my walds kit. My dad reparked my car as i was sleeping and cracked my rear lip. I need a shop that can fix it. I asked my local shop and they said it can't me done. thanks for all ur help.
Old 05-07-07, 10:05 PM
dboyz85
Pole Position

Default body shop

cool thanks ill make sure to check them out.

Quick Reply: Body & Paint Shop Recommendations (The Mother thread)