Hawaii Hot Spots?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-11, 06:58 PM
leedoobert
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hawaii Hot Spots?

Hi there Hawaii CL members!

I'm usually chilling over at the Northern California CL section (I'm in San Francisco) and also over at the my.is forums...

Anyways, I wanted to ask you guys for some advice.

I'm planning on a 6-7 day vacation trip with my gf to Hawaii and neither one of us have been there before.

I was thinking of staying in Oahu or Maui and I was just wondering if you guys had any advice on where to stay, what to do....basically any activities and/or places that are an absolute must-see/do for first timers?

We'll probably be booking the trip for around the first week of July and I'm starting to slowly compile a list of potential activities for us to do...

Any help, suggestions, and/or ideas would be greatly appeciated!!

During the course of my journey, I will of course take pics of any modded Lexus's that I encounter along the way =)

thanks in advance,

- Albert
Old 03-13-11, 07:33 PM
VIP LXS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay on Oahu if you want to do any sort of shopping or activties, Or stay on Maui if you want relax with your significant other...
Old 03-13-11, 09:47 PM
Deros
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you are looking for an active night life with lots of clubs, shopping, and site seeing, then Oahu / Waikiki is the place to be. This is the main tourist island so in July it will be very busy. So of the places you would want to see, you can't see everything in 1 week, is Diamond Head, North Shore, Waimea Falls, and Hanauma Bay. The last one is the Stair Ways to Heaven. This last one is actually off limits, so you would need to sneak in before the guard shows up. It is a risk, but you will never forget it. Don't worry, you will not go to jail. At most you will get fined for trespassing. Unless you get hurt, then they will charge you an arm and leg to get you off the hill.

If you want to relax at the beach and take in the beauty of life, then Maui. Honestly I have never been to Maui, but I heard it is were you lay around with no worries and do some trail hiking.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-13-11, 10:59 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Like everyone said... Oahu for the City like vacation or Maui for the country like vacation. Oahu has some areas where you can still get your country fix but more of the city life.

Oahu has endless opportunities, Parasailing, jet ski'n, Hiking, Horsebackriding, Go-Kart'n, 2 major malls with a few outlets here and there. Clubs, Bars, and all your night life needs.

On Maui you could probably do the same outdoor activities as Oahu but theres one more thing. Zip Line, your literally hundreds of feet above the ground zip lining down a hillside. There are few places to shop but nothing like Oahu. On Maui you can go up Haleakala one of the famous non-active volcanos. Maui is more of a lay on the beach and relax.

what ever you choose, have fun, be safe. \m/