CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

VIP Event meet this coming Friday

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-08, 03:18 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by chikken
thursday are the worst days to set up an event....wtf were they thinking?
You'll be able to ask that tonite.
Old 10-25-08, 07:37 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you to those who showed up to last nights meet. Judd will probably fill you guys in about the event on November 13th just incase I cant make it tonight at the Kahala Starbucks meet. the event date cant be helped because the guests from Japan are on a tight schedule and can only make it during the weekday. more details will be explained tonight.

btw, saw toyboy808 coming down Ward as I was going home from the meet. too bad you couldnt make it earlier...there wouldve been 2 1st gen IS.
Old 10-25-08, 07:40 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CLHawaii
Start a new thread with details Guess I gotta go buy more memory....or better yet, a new computer
I will make a new thread as soon as I get the flyer.
Old 10-25-08, 07:46 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

didnt they have the jp ceos taketomi (sp?) etc, come down on a thursday last year?
Old 10-25-08, 07:48 PM
viplex_gs
Lead Lap

Cool

i heard from a reliable source taketomi is not coming to hawaii next month!
Old 10-25-08, 09:40 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VIP_ES300
didnt they have the jp ceos taketomi (sp?) etc, come down on a thursday last year?
Yup, the meet was on a Thursday. This is cuz they're on a stopover from SEMA on their way back home.
Old 10-25-08, 10:46 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

well i have school that day...someone take lots of pictures plz!
Old 10-26-08, 03:42 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Ok, lets see, Garren help me out here if i missed anything:

At the meeting there was Racesause, XK, Night Garage, Empire and us.

The event will be held on nov. 13th at a park near Honolulu Country Club, in Salt Lake(?). There will be food/music/event tshirts and (maybe) trophys. Reguarding the trophys, cars will be judged by the Japanese guests who this is event is being held for.

Now, to do an event like this costs money so the bottom line is, Bryan is asking for between 10-15bucks per person to help out, this will get you a tshirt/food/enter your car for judging and if theres enough after that to help pay for more trophys. The way i see it is to help put on an event like this and everything else is secondary. Collection of the money we'll be done at euros, if bryan isnt there give it to jeff and he will cut you a receipt. They ask that you turn in your money by Nov.1st, yes its short notice but if you can, can. If you dont turn in monies that doesn't mean you cant come thou, but you wont receive a shirt or be eligible judging. To me the judging part isn't important its the helping out that is.

Ok, i think thats the main points. I am endorsing this event and i would like ppl to come out, yes i know thrus is a hard day but thats just the way scheduling came up, cant be helped.

ALSO... if you have concerns please PM me, if you have event questions PM Garren. This is an event that i want you guy to just have some fun and see cars from other clubs and make new friends.

*EDIT*
Ok for those who would like to help out yet cant attend, bring me your receipts and i'll grab your tshirts.

Last edited by llamaboiz; 10-26-08 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-26-08, 06:59 PM
KatsuSauce
Pole Position

so what the shirt look like?
Old 10-26-08, 07:24 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by KatsuSauce
so what the shirt look like?
das why gotta collect da monies
Old 10-26-08, 09:06 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

What about the cars not entering? Can we still get shirts and food? Same price?
Old 10-26-08, 09:28 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by CLHawaii
What about the cars not entering? Can we still get shirts and food? Same price?
yes, you dont have to enter your car.

ABOUT the price 10-15... that wasn't set as of the meeting fri nite which is why Garren should chime in and fill us in.

Last edited by llamaboiz; 10-26-08 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-26-08, 10:06 PM
sc400808
Pole Position

oh how i wish my car was done
Old 10-27-08, 07:49 PM
VIP07lexIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
Ok, lets see, Garren help me out here if i missed anything:

At the meeting there was Racesause, XK, Night Garage, Empire and us.

The event will be held on nov. 13th at a park near Honolulu Country Club, in Salt Lake(?). There will be food/music/event tshirts and (maybe) trophys. Reguarding the trophys, cars will be judged by the Japanese guests who this is event is being held for.

Now, to do an event like this costs money so the bottom line is, Bryan is asking for between 10-15bucks per person to help out, this will get you a tshirt/food/enter your car for judging and if theres enough after that to help pay for more trophys. The way i see it is to help put on an event like this and everything else is secondary. Collection of the money we'll be done at euros, if bryan isnt there give it to jeff and he will cut you a receipt. They ask that you turn in your money by Nov.1st, yes its short notice but if you can, can. If you dont turn in monies that doesn't mean you cant come thou, but you wont receive a shirt or be eligible judging. To me the judging part isn't important its the helping out that is.

Ok, i think thats the main points. I am endorsing this event and i would like ppl to come out, yes i know thrus is a hard day but thats just the way scheduling came up, cant be helped.

ALSO... if you have concerns please PM me, if you have event questions PM Garren. This is an event that i want you guy to just have some fun and see cars from other clubs and make new friends.

*EDIT*
Ok for those who would like to help out yet cant attend, bring me your receipts and i'll grab your tshirts.
Judd pretty much said everything there is to know. It is not mandatory that you enter your car if you do pay but it does entitle you to a tshirt and food. Bryan is asking for $10 for those who want to participate or spectate. The more people we can get to contribute to the event, the better. All of the proceeds will be put towards the food, tshirt and trophys. No profit will be made off of the people who pay. Bryan is not out to make money off of this...if anything, he's taking a loss to put on this event. To me, this is a good deal. Where else can you get a free shirt and food at a carshow for 10 bucks?

As far as tshirt design and flyers...those havent been made yet. As soon as I get the flyer, I'll post it up. I will try to make it to this coming Starbucks meet, so for those who want to contribute, you can give me the money and I'll be taking names and sizes down. So if you cant make it to the VIP event, I will give your shirts to you the next time I see you guys. OR you can always go to Eurosport and give your money to Jeff and he will give you a receipt.

Once again, everyone is invited. Club Lexus Hawaii will be posted as a sponsor of the event on the banner and tshirt so it would be nice if a lot of you could show up. I know its a weekday and people have to work but even if you could drop by on your lunch break, that would be great. The more support from the CLH community would be nice because there will be media there, so its a great opportunity to get some exposure. Who knows, one of ours might be featured in the newspaper, online or even in a VIP magazine in Japan!

So yeah, come out and have fun...meet more VIP enthusiasts and make new friends.

Last edited by VIP07lexIS; 10-27-08 at 10:07 PM.
Old 10-27-08, 09:28 PM
808is3
Pole Position

hmm, a thursday huh? sounds good to me... finally something decent to do on my crappy day off. but i can't make the starbuck meets, thus why i haven't attended a single one ever (nor have i attended most of the recent meets for that matter )
so i guess i head on over to eurosport sometime this week and pay my $10

Quick Reply: VIP Event meet this coming Friday