Need Body Shop Advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-10, 10:14 AM
Pengapine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Body Shop Advice

Hi Guys,

Newish Lexus Owner here. I purchased the CPO 2006 rx400h from the McGrath Lexus in Westmont around this time last year. No complaints thus far. However recently, driving around Chicago, I happen to be a lucky recipient of couple of dings on my car, one on the left side and one on the right. The left side was more or less a scrap (looks like someone has swiped me while I was parked on the street) and the right looks like someone backed up and their side mirror dinged me pretty good on the corner near where the tail lights are.

I took it to McGrath of Chicago, since it was closer to me. It appears that they outsource their body work to another body shop. I just got the estimate back and it was pretty ridiculous - around $1k per each side. I was wondering whether any one has any experience in dealing with this? Pros and Cons of going with the dealer-recommended body shop or should I shop around? Any good recommendation of body shop around the city? Please let me know.

Thanks
Old 10-22-10, 10:22 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

can you post pics of the damage? most of the time dent busters or any similar place can take these out for ~ $50/ding depending on how bad. It doesnt sound like you need body work but hard to say with out seeing pictures.

I know the body shop they use and they do great work so does the dent guy. You can save $$ if you go direct yourself.

I have a guy in the city if you want his info PM me and I can get it on Monday for you. He is not cheap but the work is great. If you want to stick to the suburbs Boyce Body Works is the place to see.